The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Processed Meat Causes Cancer, Red Meat Could Too,

+2
Stargate
Rockhopper
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Processed Meat Causes Cancer, Red Meat Could Too,  Empty Processed Meat Causes Cancer, Red Meat Could Too,

Post by Stargate Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:04 pm

Here they are whoever they are, trying to scare us again. As it seems big corporation are not in sync with the scientist. When it is not in their favor they fight the same organisation that should benefit all.
Can you imagine if most people stopped eating meat?

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Processed Meat Causes Cancer, Red Meat Could Too,  Empty Re: Processed Meat Causes Cancer, Red Meat Could Too,

Post by Rockhopper Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:49 pm

Why is it that everything that tastes so good is so bad for us?

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Processed Meat Causes Cancer, Red Meat Could Too,  Empty Re: Processed Meat Causes Cancer, Red Meat Could Too,

Post by Stargate Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:29 pm

Haha, That's the paradox, life teaches us to read between the lines. Everything is written in a code, and only individuals can read it correctly.

You know Tim, I believe they have known this for a long time, there must be something that would make them come out with that now. The farmers are not having a good time, the meat market is huge. I am sure it will have an impact on sales world wide.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:29 pm

I think I am going to start eating more bacon, I will start smoking, force myself to have a drink or two, eats lots of chips and ice cream! You only leave bloody once for gods sake!!
Shocked What a Face
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:55 pm

Agartha wrote:I think I am going to start eating more bacon, I will start smoking, force myself to have a drink or two, eats lots of chips and ice cream! You only leave bloody once for gods sake!!
Shocked What a Face

My philosophy too Ags, live fast, die young and leave a beautiful corpse! Hasn't worked out so well but!

Bacon and ham were developed as a way of preserving meat Star. So was corned beef. They were all treated with saltpetre and common salt, so that meat could be stored and used on long sea voyages. Modern bacon and ham is just treated with salt (in large quantities) and nothing else and that is why is it so bad.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:32 pm

I agree with Ags also Tim, what can you do when everything makes you sick when you eat it. I do not believe a lot of that bull, everything would be OK if they left it alone. My philosophy is, eat balanced and enjoy it. 

My mother died because she had diabetes and refused to abide by the diet they prescribed her. She insisted it was not about life, but the quality of it. 

So Agy, enjoy what you want we only live once at a time.  

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:39 pm

I find this funny as I had a colonoscopy that showed me free of any issues in the guts.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:13 am

All things in moderation... and cut out all the fear and stress...
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:26 pm

So nice to hear from you Len, we were missing you.

You must be eating too much meat. Lol.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:03 pm

Tin Man wrote:
All things in moderation...

A little of what ya fancy does ya good!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:10 pm

Stargate wrote:So nice to hear from you Len, we were missing you.

You must be eating too much meat. Lol.

I am always lurking about, check the waters, one never knows when a dragon may be hiding like a crocodile, LOL! I do eat a lot of red meat, the diabetes means higher protein intake needed to counter the carbs, and fibre for the sugars.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:19 pm

You may have to find a new remedy for sugar other than counteracting it with protein. Our new disease will be called "Red Meat Syndrome" LoL

Hell, they might even ban Sugar, and salt, and, and, and.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:26 pm

Well, thanks to the makers of processed foods taking fat away, they replaced that with sugar. American food has waaaaaaaay too much sugar in it and we could be healthier with a cut of at least 50% sugar, and put the no-trans fat back into the food to make the flavor work.

Same with sodium as well, plus so many other things overdone by US food makers.

German food when I was there in the 1980s was flavorful, and with less sugar.salt etc.

I use fibre to counter sugars, meat for carbs, but all a juggling act no matter what. Many folks come here, and find our basic breads are sweet as cakes for crying out loud, what does that tell you when bread seem cake like in sweetness factor to outside visitors?
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:37 pm

I think the real way to fix the food and cancer problem is to move away from greed and let nature look after the food we eat. We think that food is just for human consumption, but everything has to eat food and everything is a product of trees and plants.
Rice is really the seed of grass, and should be eaten by animals with special digestive system to metabolize it's toughness.  But I think we would be OK if we did not over use it. 
The bottom line for me is really all in moderation.

I wonder if there was a study done to see if the animals in the wild suffer from cancer the way we do?

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:40 pm

Sorry about the diabetes Len, it's a condition one has to live with. My Dad was a diabetic, on injections twice a day.

Our bodies can digest protein and get energy from it when there is a dearth of carbs. That is why a starving person wastes away but has an extended belly.

Most processed foods have a high level of salt as well as sugar (both of which are processed in themselves). I like to eat natural foods as much as I can, including "wild" foods. If you know what to look for one can have a fresh larder surrounding us.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:47 pm

I question this notion of carbs being bad for you, because this is not true for all peoples of the world. African and south American eat a tremendous lot of carbs, and very little protein, and yet it is the consumption of sugar the lead to their developing diabetes. Indians and Chinese eat a lot of hot peppers and very sharp seasoning and it does not affect their liver.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:54 pm

American Carbs are loaded with sugars, the other peoples in those regions also eat plenty of dietary fiber, which pushes sugars out. Carbs turn into sugars due to processing. BUT as I have said, in America, our diets removed fats, even though we do need certain fats to help flavor and process foods. Fat was replaced with tons of salt and sugar. It is our processors that do this. even most fast food burgers here have sugar laced meat
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:02 pm

I very much agree on this point, the real problem is greed.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:30 pm

I have said the spiritual virus of Greed has wrecked this world.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:35 pm

Lenzabi wrote:I have said the spiritual virus of Greed has wrecked this world.
Yes Len, so true.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum