The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why we Dream...

+3
Lenzabi
Agartha
Rockhopper
7 posters

Go down

Why we Dream... Empty Why we Dream...

Post by Rockhopper Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:55 pm

A facinating doco on why we dream.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Why we Dream... Empty Re: Why we Dream...

Post by Agartha Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:38 am

I remember watching this a few years back, probably 6 or 7, I know I was living in London then...

If I am correct scientists believe dreams are just a way for our brain to sort out memories, to make sense of what has happened to us and to help us deal with them.... and I agree. We were talking about fears and dreaming a few days ago...

But then you have dreams that can't be explained with anything that has happened..... and those are the dreams I want to decipher!!
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:47 am

Like the dream travel to other realities?
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:21 am

Lenzabi wrote:Like the dream travel to other realities?

Yes, or dreams of places we haven't visited in this lifetime..... or people.... I have told you guys years ago that I was really young when I dreamed with my daughter, and she looked like my daughter... how is that possible?
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:14 pm

Ah, nice time dream/swim on that Ags!
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:18 pm

I've seen this documentary before as well, I found it really interesting.

There are definitely different kinds of dreams imo... there's a certain feeling, a certain something, when they are spirit dreams or visitations or premonitions. I do think our regular kinda dreams are a lot about what's going on with our waking life but the ones with the extra sumthin-sumthin, I love those ones.

I adore that you dreamed about your daughter, Aggie (((hugs))) that's so special.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:41 pm

Thank you guys....

I did.. I was in my teenage years or approaching 20 and I dreamed I had a mixed race daughter and she did look like Sofia, same golden curls, same smiley face......

The question is? Did I dream the future? Or did the dream influence my future and I looked to marry a black man just to fulfill my 'prophetic' dream?
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:15 pm

I think... you and Sofia decided beforehand to be mother and daughter and I think you dreamed of her because she was visiting you before she was born, to say hello and because she loves you. Soul bonds are very strong, even between those who are living and not yet living. It's also possible that she met with you to put in a good word (or reminder) of her father, that maybe it was the right time to start looking for him. There was an agreement with him too Smile Just my thoughts.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:46 am

I too had had dreams as a teen of places an older me was standing in, and it turned out to be a community college campus for one example. Alternate worlds as in alternate universe Earths and other such places I feel are reviews of past places or checking on those places in the "present" but then I come back to this meat shell and share.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:10 am

I may have mentioned this before.. but i have no recollection of my dreams.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Solace Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:15 am

I almost always remember mine.. Sometimes they feel more real than my reality... (amazing dreams btw Aggie and Len!) I started having prophetic dreams as a teen. When a person(that i know of) is about to die, i will usually dream of them a week beforehand. (no worries to those i dream of regularly here lol) Wink I know the difference between those kinds of dreams. I used to hate having the death dreams, but now i see it as a gift as i am able to let loved ones know, so they or myself can say goodbye. I just wish i had of listened to my dreams years ago instead of doubting them... then i could have said some much needed good-byes..  Crying or Very sad  I love having past life dreams though! Very Happy

p.s. I agree on Kaere's views! Smile
Solace
Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:24 pm

That's a lot to keep inside sometimes, Solace... not at easy gift to have. Keep on with it though, you'll be able to tell who's ready to hear and who isn't Smile

Rogue, dream recall can be a toughie. There are things you can do to improve it but it does take time and sometimes it can seem like work *phew* my dream recall has gone down the tubes over the last few years. Since I came to the Stream/Island actually. I only ever seem to remember the BIG ones.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Solace Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:41 pm

Agreed, it is tough when i try to let certain people in my life know that they should prepare and say their goodbyes to so and so and they don't want to hear it. (it scares them) So i usually do just keep the dreams to myself. It hasn't happened with every death, but i do appreciate the prep when i do have them. Thanks Kaere. Smile
Solace
Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:07 am

Kaere wrote:I think... you and Sofia decided beforehand to be mother and daughter and I think you dreamed of her because she was visiting you before she was born, to say hello and because she loves you. Soul bonds are very strong, even between those who are living and not yet living. It's also possible that she met with you to put in a good word (or reminder) of her father, that maybe it was the right time to start looking for him. There was an agreement with him too Smile Just my thoughts.

Funny Kae, cause this is what I tell her! And she has always been such an old soul.... she's like a 70 year old trapped in a young body!!!

I actually do believe in reincarnation.... despite the fact that I am a pro-science-die hard fan- (lol) there are things that can't be explained, and amongst those things are souls: remember the lady at the hospital who, at 7am, knew her husband had passed away that night? How do you explain that?

Rogue, I have come to realize that most men don't dream.... very few men I know dream and talk about them!!!

Len: don't you feel, sometimes, when you wake up, that the dream was real and your reality is not?

Solace: I dreamed once that my cousin had a baby boy..... she was reaching 40 and was told she would never have one.... she is the mother of a 5 year old son now! Her little miracle!! The only person who knew about this dream is my sister.... cause, just like you, I did not believe in my dreams.... but now I do! I couldn't give a toss about those who don't believe in my dreams, because I do.... and you should always cherish yours, my lovely... cause we believe in them!! ♥️
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Solace Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:26 am

Your dream makes me smile Aggie, and thank you! I love you Like a Star @ heaven
Solace
Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:47 am

We go to a special place to dream, this place does not use language or physical perception as we know in the wake time. There are also two types of memories, one before the REM phase, and one after. The one in the REM phase is more on the surface of conscious memory, and the other is resting on the border of unconscious memory. Sometimes we wake up and cannot remember the dream, yet we know we have dream t something, sometimes only fragments of the dream is available to us. 

I am going out on a limb here, but I think it is more of a spiritual reason more than a physical one. It appears to me that because we have physical images that has to be decoded it has to do with our pineal glad. This is not gospel, but my opinion.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down