The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birth in Nature: Natural Birth

+2
Agartha
Stargate
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Birth in Nature: Natural Birth - Page 3 Empty Re: Birth in Nature: Natural Birth

Post by Stargate Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:59 pm

Agartha wrote:No! I mean what horrendous births they have!!
I think they have a lot of pain, is that right? 

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Birth in Nature: Natural Birth - Page 3 Empty Re: Birth in Nature: Natural Birth

Post by Kaere Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:55 pm

Read the link, Stargate lol yes they have a lot of pain. They pass the fully formed baby hyena through their penis-like clitoris thingo... 18% of mothers die.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:56 pm

Solace wrote:You're right... and as for eating my own placenta?! ~shivers~ I have heard of women doing this.. but.. that is definitely not for me..

Chopped liver anyone?

The Maori tradition is to bury the placenta in the garden and plant a tree on it. That way the child will always have a link to the land.

Human birth is painful for the mother because of the size of the baby's head. Other animals baby heads are more in proportion to their size. Human baby's skulls are soft and deform during childbirth or they would not go down the birth canal, especially through the birth opening in the pelvis.

Most animals Star give birth lying down, the very few that don't are the animals that are prey for predators. Their offspring are able to run fast within a few minutes.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:07 pm

Rockhopper wrote:The Maori tradition is to bury the placenta in the garden and plant a tree on it. That way the child will always have a link to the land.

I love that idea I love you
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Solace Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:14 pm

Kaere wrote:
Rockhopper wrote:The Maori tradition is to bury the placenta in the garden and plant a tree on it. That way the child will always have a link to the land.

I love that idea I love you

Me too! I love you
Solace
Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:27 am

I second the girls above!!

Rock, I love liver but as I have never tasted placenta I couldn't compare the texture and flavour!!

I did, however, tasted my own breast milk... if anybody wants to know... hahaha
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:06 am

Rockhopper wrote:

Chopped liver anyone?

The Maori tradition is to bury the placenta in the garden and plant a tree on it. That way the child will always have a link to the land.

Human birth is painful for the mother because of the size of the baby's head. Other animals baby heads are more in proportion to their size. Human baby's skulls are soft and deform during childbirth or they would not go down the birth canal, especially through the birth opening in the pelvis.

Most animals Star give birth lying down, the very few that don't are the animals that are prey for predators. Their offspring are able to run fast within a few minutes.

Oh and Tim, I had never heard of that Maori tradition. I love that, it is beautiful x

Tim.

Just catching up on this thread, I was going to say what Tim has said. Most animals do give birth lying down, it's just the prey animals that don't, but even some of these will if they feel safe enough. The standing up during birth is more of a survival thing. I have seen footage of animals actually running during birth because they have been spooked by a predator. But if you think of our domestic animals, dogs, cats, horses, sheep cows etc, they all give birth lying down.

I was also going to comment on the size of the babies head, evolution has made human babies heads basically too big compared to other animals, which obviously makes the birth a lot more difficult and painful.

Elders or midwives have attended births for an awful long time, there has been assisted births for an awful long time. It is not a good idea for a mother to give birth on her own, she should always have somebody to assist.
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Solace Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:30 pm

Yikes ie. hyenas...! Shocked  (and I don't blame you for tasting your own breast milk Aggie, i would try my own too! -probably because my mom never breast fed me, so i am curious! study )
Solace
Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:43 pm

(it kinda tastes like sweetened condensed milk... kinda)
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:46 pm

Ask any baby, the most tastiest drink in the world.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:14 am

Stargate wrote:Ask any baby, the most tastiest drink in the world.

And tailor Made for that particular baby!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Solace Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:20 am

@ K, (good to know) hehe
Solace
Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:04 am

LOL I second Kaere, it does taste sort of like condensed milk.... it is really really sweet!
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3