The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hillary's true lead and how it can be upset

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hillary's true lead and how it can be upset Empty Hillary's true lead and how it can be upset

Post by Lenzabi Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:32 pm

Okay, I was searching Google for "2016 Primaries" and found an interesting Bar Graph, each of the two Democratic candidates have a two-tone blue bar over their images, and Bernie has a total of 499 to Hillary's 1,130 delegates.....those dark blue bars are "Super-Delegates" which do nothing at all until the Democratic Convention in June to make the final decision, based on the delegate counts of the candidates.

I used a calculator, based on the delegate counts each has so far obtained, Hillary has a mere 193 lead over Bernie, which in the next few months he can match and over-take winning more delegates than Hillary, making him the lead candidate.

Now look at that, 193 lead vs a 630 lead, seems the MSM are in bed with DWS and the DNC as well as the Super-PACs. I gave feed back for them to remove the false puffery of the Super-delegates as that can mislead most Americans, who lack the wisdom to see the fakery being pulled on them, or that they are too tired from working 2-3 jobs to see it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=2016+primaries&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#eob=m.09c7w0/D/3/full/m.09c7w0/

the 1130 vs 499 is much lower, and the real numbers make that lead smaller than the graph makes it out to be
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hillary's true lead and how it can be upset Empty Re: Hillary's true lead and how it can be upset

Post by Rogue Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:42 pm

Why are the super-delegates seemingly assigned to Hills. Can't they vote for either at the end of the campaign?

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but its the one bit that i just don't get about this system.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Hillary's true lead and how it can be upset Empty Re: Hillary's true lead and how it can be upset

Post by Kaere Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:56 pm

I think California has 479 delegates or something... and Florida has 99 and is a winner takes all state. So things could still swing Bernie's way. I don't understand superdelegates either... it's such a complicated system.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:16 pm

Rogue wrote:
Why are the super-delegates seemingly assigned to Hills. Can't they vote for either at the end of the campaign?

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but its the one bit that i just don't get about this system.

No worries, the super-delegate system was enacted in 1984, to stop a candidate the people elect who will lose/fail, and it is very UN-democratic to begin with, and also, they are only to cast their votes at the convention in July. after all 50 states have caste their votes for the nominees, historically, they vote the way the people do, Hilary had many like now back in 08, but with the tide they turned and Obama got elected. Same will happen for Bernie as long as he overtakes and beats hills.

Kaere wrote:I think California has 479 delegates or something... and Florida has 99 and is a winner takes all state. So things could still swing Bernie's way. I don't understand superdelegates either... it's such a complicated system.

Cali has 475 and is one of the last states to vote, so yeah, it ain't over yet!
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:02 pm

Thanks Len. So the reason the supers sit with Hills atm is because that is their indication so far, but that could change?
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:52 am

Rogue wrote:
Thanks Len. So the reason the supers sit with Hills atm is because that is their indication so far, but that could change?

So far it is like watching 2008 all over again, she had the supers all tied up until they saw folks wanted Obama, so as the normal delegates started to shift as points to him, the supers abandoned Hillary and voted for Obama at the Democratic National Convention in the summer of '08, and that is how they usually roll.But if they are pressured by the Established folks, they may overturn a popular choice like Bernie if he seems to be the one to win with the majority of needed delegates.

Then there would be a loud revolt
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:32 am

Thanks for the synopsis Len, it has explained a lot to me about some things I wasn't aware of.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:26 am

Rockhopper wrote:Thanks for the synopsis Len, it has explained a lot to me about some things I wasn't aware of.

Tim.

Well this whole set up with the delegates and super-delegates is Byzantine at best, and chaos as well as anti-Democratic, the thought that they can over-ride the will of the people makes me burn! Evil or Very Mad
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:19 am

Thanks again Len. Quite a system!
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:51 am

How do you get to be a super delegate? and whats the difference between a super, and a normal delegate?

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:43 pm

Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:02 pm

Stargate wrote:How do you get to be a super delegate? and whats the difference between a super, and a normal delegate?

Delgates are worth a number of votes, but super-delegates are 10k votes per, so that is how they can over ride votes. Most supers are senators, and other officials in the party. Delegates awarded are lesser officials and functionaries.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:06 pm

Any of the Republicans would be a massive blow to the people and a major boost for the Plutocrats and their Oligarchy.

Hillary is still a down turn for us and a boost for her backers who are also plutocrats of the Oligarchy.

Bernie got hit by WaPo with 16hit pieces in as many hours, the corps fear him.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:07 pm

Some interesting views out there Tim.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:11 pm

Thanks Len, seems shady to me, Manipulations galore.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:05 pm

With ll of our news and info feeds run by 6 large corporations, they will manipulate the masses via the MSM, they own newspapers/sites, radio and TV, and that is ALL of the info we get here is thru them for the most part. Have to go outside and view Democracy Now! to balance the pro-corporate propaganda and fluff machines
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hillary's true lead and how it can be upset Empty It Should be Over for Hills...

Post by Rockhopper Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:02 pm

But is ain't over until it's over and I'm still batting for Bernie!

You wouldn’t know it from watching TV last night or reading the national papers this morning but Bernie Sanders’ Michigan win ranks among the greatest upsets in presidential primary history.
Should he win the nomination it will be go down as the biggest upset of any kind in American political history.
If he wins the election it will change the fundamental direction of the nation and the world.
Some key lessons, obvious to everyone but the media:
1. The old politics is over. The fault lines of the new politics are not cultural issues like guns, abortion and same-sex marriage that divide the Democratic and Republican bases. They are issues of political reform and economic justice that divide both party’s elites from both parties’ bases, and the American people from their government. On these issues we find the elites of both parties shockingly alike. Among them: global trade; financial deregulation and prosecution of financial crimes; the social safety net including Social Security, Medicare, a living wage and health care for all; above all, the “soft corruption” of pay to play politics.

There’s a name for the bipartisan consensus of party elites: neoliberalism. It is an inconvenient name for many reasons but mostly because it seems odd that the worldview of the Republican elite would be an ideology with the root word ‘liberal’ in its name but it is true, nonetheless. and may even shed a little light on the open, bitter breach between GOP elites and the party base. Democrats stayed loyal longer to their elites for two reasons. One is their love of two very talented politicians, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, whose charm and verbal dexterity masked deep differences with the base. The other is their fear of Republicans. (Emphasis mine)

Source

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Go Bernie, light that fire!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:04 am

And the end of the debate was the most awesome thing to watch! Standing ovation and she got shut down by the cheering for Bernie, she tried twice to speak and shift the direction, then gave up. lol!

She tried to float some lies, and the debate was supposed to be for her to shine, but Bernie took control and was on FIRE! Twisted Evil

Bernie as Dangerous,,,,,Like Rorschach in prison!

More on his crushing of Hillary

Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:20 am

Dayam Berns is on fire! Shocked Hills got thoroughly smited in that debate! If Bern can keep this up, he'll mop the floor with her!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum