The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visa-free migration bloc

3 posters

Go down

Visa-free migration bloc  Empty Visa-free migration bloc

Post by Rogue Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:03 am

Push for visa-free migration bloc in Australia, UK, Canada and New Zealand

CHARLES MIRANDA in LondonNews Corp Australia
MARCH 13, 20166:32PM

AUSTRALIA is being called on to join a push for a new visa-free migration bloc with a new poll finding overwhelming public support to be able to live and work freely in “like-minded” nations.

The push to have a “free mobility labour zone” between Australia, Canada, New Zealand and Britain was started by London Mayor Boris Johnson but has now been picked up by several MPs and Lords in Westminster.

A poll in the four nations commissioned by the Royal Commonwealth Society in London and released today found 70 per cent of Australians, 82 per cent of New Zealanders and 75 per cent of Canadians supported the move.

Britain also backed the initiative although to a lesser degree — 58 per cent. The UK is currently in a migration crisis with EU membership ensuring all Europeans have free access to live and work in the UK and receive substantial benefits, all of which is to come to a head in June with a referendum on whether the UK remains in the EU.

Full story...
http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/push-for-visafree-migration-bloc-in-australia-uk-canada-and-new-zealand/news-story/c854fd6012d1245512f76cf39955b0cf
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Visa-free migration bloc  Empty Re: Visa-free migration bloc

Post by Kaere Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:02 am

I think it's an excellent idea Very Happy at least it looks good to me on paper. I think the Australia-New Zealand example could show us the goods and bads of the system. I suppose there are goods and bads to any system however... anyway, I've signed this petition thingy last year or something like that. I can't remember exactly...
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:55 am

Yes me too!! Bring it on! Very Happy
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Solace Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:10 pm

Very cool! Smile