Cats are weird...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cats are weird...

Post by Kaere on Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:02 am

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-35859813?OCID=fbasia&ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

A nocturnal "cat burglar" has been stealing dozens of socks and men's underwear in New Zealand.

In two months, six-year-old Tonkinese cat Brigit from Hamilton city brought back 11 pairs of underpants and more than 50 socks.

Her owner, Sarah Nathan, has documented her feline's strange obsession on a widely shared Facebook post.

"Now it's getting silly. Someone must be missing this stuff," she said in a post shared close to 500 times.

Ms Nathan told the BBC that the trouble first began when she started discovering "odd pieces" of underwear among her washing.

"They didn't belong to anyone in the house and one day Brigit walked into our lounge carrying a sock like a kitten," she said, adding that Brigit's unlucky victims were probably a nearby flat "full of blokes".

The family said it has also started distributing street flyers.

"Keeping cats indoors isn't common in New Zealand," said Ms Nathan.

"Brigit doesn't hunt birds or wildlife so it seems unnecessary and our neighbours have been very good natured about it.

"But we are moving to the country soon so hopefully she will run out of opportunity!"

Kaere

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats are weird...

Post by Kaere on Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:04 am

Not an isolated incident, my coworker was at her neighbours house for dinner one night and the neighbour's cat came home dragging a half cooked steak he had pinched off someone's bbq!
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue on Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:45 am

mmmm... now this might explain why i found a couple of my socks outside the back gate the other day. Looks like mainly mens gear this Kiwi puss was after... lol story!

Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:59 am

My old cat came home with a baby rabbit once, it was luckily unharmed and I got it off him and returned it to the owner across the road whose bunny had recently had kits!

One of my cats (not sure which one) let me two little bird eggs on the doormat once, totally whole and intact. Poor birdies though Sad

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:01 am

He looks guilty!!! hahahaha

Cats are not just weird, they are insanely insane..... but that's why we love them, eh?

We used to have a kitty who also liked to bring us dead birdies, mice, you name it.....she always look proud of her 'presents' lol
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Solace on Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:16 pm

lol Toby used to do this, but with Christmas "stuffies" (stuffed Christmas characters like Rudolph etc.) I used to come home and they would be lined up in a perfect row. (some are big so i don't know how he did this) He used to be so proud of himself too. He would meow very loudly and proudly with his eyes closed, head up, until we said, "yay Toby, thank you!" Then he would let out a little "mew" as if to say you're welcome... and would wander off... Then I would put them all back under the tree where they belong only to find them out again shortly after lol... (every Christmas I will put his favourite Christmas stuffies next to his urn now, and have been...I love you cat

(he brought in my much older Uncle's dirty undies once... thanks Toby...!)

He also had his babies.. (an iguana and elephant stuffie that he would carry around with him in his mouth and do the meow thing bringing them to us daily.. His elephant is beside his urn always, and we gave Floyd his iguana so he has a part of his bro with him in his cat bed as they were biological bros so it comforts Floyd who is now coming to me for hugs... meowing at me to stop typing.. so with that... )

Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:24 pm

Awww give Floyd a hug and kiss for me!!!♥

LOL at Toby bringing your uncle's dirty undies!!! hahaha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Solace on Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:32 pm

I will! I love you (holding him and typing gets interesting lol)

I know right.... ~shivers at the memory~ Neutral lol!

Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:20 pm

Very cute, Solace Smile

My Thomas & Twinkles used to be a right pair. Twinkles was so grumpy at Tommy all the time but he always tried to be friendly with her. He was brave and adventurous and she was scared of her shadow. He'd go off hunting and bring her presents, put it down in front of her and then watch her figure it out... on my living room rug Surprised a live garter snake, mice, and yes some bunnies too. Twinkles would poke at them a bit then Tommy would zip off again outside to find something new.

...never brought home any knickers though but gawd help the fresh clean laundry in the basket. That needed immediate sleeping on...
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:22 am

Awww!! Tommy was a true kitty gentleman!!!!!!!! How sweet ♥♥
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Solace on Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:32 am

I love Thomas! The stories I have heard about him (especially the mattress bit... he was just such an awesome cat and funny!!!lol) Love to Twinkles too of course though.. Smile

Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue on Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:39 am

@Kaere wrote:

...but gawd help the fresh clean laundry in the basket. That needed immediate sleeping on...

Yes my little chap loves the fresh laundry too! Sleep

Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top