Home Grown :P

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Home Grown :P

Post by Kaere on Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:44 am

News Release

Library and Archives Canada’s major acquisition of the declassified journals and military records of Canadian supersoldier James "Logan" Howlett

April 1, 2016 – Gatineau, Quebec – Library and Archives Canada (LAC)

Logan was born in 1882 in Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada, to wealthy landowner Elizabeth Howlett and her grounds-keeper Thomas Logan.

Logan’s journals provide valuable insight into his early life in Canada, including work as a miner in a British Columbia stone quarry, a fur trader for the Hudson's Bay Company, and a homesteader in the Canadian Rockies. His military career spanned multiple conflicts, making his personnel records an unprecedented study in Canadian military history. Logan was gravely wounded in action many times, and gained a reputation as a gritty survivor.

Quick Facts

• WWI: captain in the Canadian Armed Forces (Devil's Brigade). Fought at Ypres in 1915. Wounded by a sword through the chest.
• WWII: Returned to the Devil’s Brigade in the Second World War, as an allied spy and paratrooper for the 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion during the Normandy landings on D-Day.
• Cold War: based in Ottawa and Calgary, worked for both CSIS and the CIA.
• Logan later changed his operative name to ‘Wolverine’, and worked with various NGOs.

Canadian Armed Forces Canadian Heritage 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion Canadian Security Intelligence Service Canadian War Museum Canadian Museum of History
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Re: Home Grown :P

Post by Agartha on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:35 pm

I think the Aussies are going to fight Canada over this!
lol
Wink
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:52 pm

I don't think so lol... just an April Fool's Prank by the gov't, releasing "Wolverine's" military records (Hugh Jackman just happens to play the character). I guess I should have been more clear Embarassed

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/april-fool-s-eh-the-best-pranks-in-canada-1.2841473
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Solace on Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:25 am

Ha! Very Happy

Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky on Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:21 am

I knew there was something dodgy about that Hugh!! Wink

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:47 am

LOL Kaere!! I know it wasn't real!! I am a big fan of Xmen- The Wolverine and Hugh.... I was just making a joke based on the fact he is Australian and not Canadian...... I guess I didn't make it clear I was joking!!
LOL
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:33 pm

Ohhh... well it's all good Smile
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:46 am

@Kaere wrote:Ohhh... well it's all good Smile

Hopefully I won't have to make a living doing stand up comedy..... with you in the audience!

hahahaha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky on Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:17 am

Lol ladies, you make me chuckle Wink

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content