Flat Earth - another perspective

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Flat Earth - another perspective

Post by Stargate on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:31 pm

Just another story from another perspective.

FLAT EARTH - SEVAN BOMAR - DAVID WOLFE - LAURA EISENHOWER - LIB LUCENT DOSSIER


Stargate

Posts : 1983
Join date : 2014-06-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Flat Earth - another perspective

Post by Agartha on Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:35 am

I don't know anything about Sevan Bomar.

I know lots about Laura Eisenhower, who is a BIG fraud just like Stichin, David Ike etc. When people make big statements and they can't back them up, then I don't trust them. They can't explain their own conspiracies.

Now, David 'Avocado' Wolfe is the biggest idiot on the net, I actually follow his twitter page, just for laughs. This is what he said about solar energy and gravity:




avatar
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 10701
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: Flat Earth - another perspective

Post by Rockhopper on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:51 am

Yup Ags.

From Rationalwiki:
David "Avocado" Wolfe is a staunch avocado advocate for raw food woo,[2] reflexology, and opponent of genetically modified food[3] and vaccines.[4] Wolfe has been accused of discouraging cancer patients from using effective medical treatments in favor of cancer woo.[5]
Wolfe believes himself to be "the rock star and Indiana Jones of the superfoods and longevity universe."[6] but in reality he's a snake oil salesman.[7] Wolfe promotes numerous alternative medicine and pseudoscientific products on his website, and has featured in infomercials for NutriBullet (which is basically a blender with a phallus messiah complex).
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/David_Wolfe

ALWAYS CHECK YOUR SOURCES!

Tim.

avatar
Rockhopper

Posts : 4084
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 73
Location : Island Paradise

Back to top Go down

Re: Flat Earth - another perspective

Post by Stargate on Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:45 am

I beg to disagree, I certainly do not believe everything anyone says, not even NASA. There are certain things they are saying I know to be true. You cannot throw out everything everybody says because one or more thing may not be true, if you chose that option then you cannot use the net to prove a point because they are all somewhat flawed.

You may chose to prove everything they are saying is false.

The ones who are challenged is always making everyone else a liar, and try to disprove everything they say, I reject that, somethings are true, believe it or not. Most times I make sense out of what they say be it true or not.

Stargate

Posts : 1983
Join date : 2014-06-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Flat Earth - another perspective

Post by Agartha on Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:42 pm

Star, Avocado wolfe is a charlatan... did you read what he said about gravity and solar power???

_________________
******A cup that is full has no room for more*****
avatar
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 10701
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: Flat Earth - another perspective

Post by Stargate on Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:27 pm

Agy, I am not going to judge, I know what I know, what I do not know I leave it alone. I am not going to defend anyone, I am going to be true to me. I have been on many, many, forums, and one of the things I detested most, was when people who think they are scientist which no one can really prove, try to dislodge everything someone else might say because they believe it has no merit. You can do some research yourself, the net and many of the so called reputable institutions are flawed, I don't care what name they have. If you do not know anything about what someone is saying for yourself you have no way of knowing what is true.

I know the last video I sent you some of what they are saying I studied it, and tested it, therefore I know it's true, yet you and Tim seem to take a disliking to the man instead of looking at the truth. I don't believe in anyone just negatively, I must observe what they are saying in order to ascertain if there are any truths that I must acknowledge. You have given no credit to anything that was said on that video, which makes me a bit skeptical of your judgement on a scientific level.
I am not sure if you are a scientist, yet I look for your truths in what I know for myself, that is how I do it for everyone. There is nothing that can be proven on the net, we all have to know something.
I hope you understand what I am saying and digest it in the right way.
It is not like a don't do any research, I just take out the truth I know and leave the rest.

Stargate

Posts : 1983
Join date : 2014-06-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Flat Earth - another perspective

Post by Rockhopper on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:20 am

Star me old china, I don't have access to an advanced Laboratory and even if I did, I wouldn't know what to do with most of the equipment in there. I can only go by what certain people say. So it behoves me to check out the author thoroughly to find out if they are telling the truth or not.

David Wolfe says that if we put solar panels on our rooves it will literally turn the sun off by draining all the light the sun produces. That is crazy talk, the only way the sun can be turned off is when it runs out of fuel and it's not going to happen for billions of years yet. The man is a liar Star!

I know from my own observations of travelling all over this planet that the earth ain't flat, square, rectangular or any other shape than a sphere.

Tim.
avatar
Rockhopper

Posts : 4084
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 73
Location : Island Paradise

Back to top Go down

Re: Flat Earth - another perspective

Post by Stargate on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:15 am

Well Tim, if he says what he says about the sun today, I may chose to disbelieve him and leave it alone. Tomorrow is another day, he might say something about a flat earth, or a doomed sky and I chose to believe him, what I am not going to do is condemn him forever because he said something I did not believe, or agreed with. He could have told ten truths, to one lie. This is why I make the point of listening to what anyone says and navigate myself to what I accept or not accept.
Tim, I have told you, although I trust a lot of what you say, and I do that because you are more right than wrong judging on my experience, I don't see eye to eye on a lot of scientific topics, mainly because we do not share a lot of the sources of information. I do not trust western science because it is troubled with egotism and deceit. Mind you, there are a lot of serious scientist out there, but because of their honesty and dedication they are often ridiculed and treated with little respect.

On the point of flat earth, versus a sphere, I am inclined to believe my ancestors, although I have no proof as yet. The picture that is presented to me through this agency called NASA, leaves a whole lot of questions which I cannot answer by or for myself at the moment. I really want to think there is a reason the question has popped up, so for me it is better I listen to everyone and see if I can make sense out of nonsense. There are many ways NASA could deliver some of the answers, because we pay a lot of money to run the peoples agency, as I see it they have chosen to keep what they know for their own reasons.
In the mean time we run around trying to find out who is telling the truth.
I think people like us could be discussing the probabilities of the possibilities that could substantiate the true reality of this our planet. I think we have to consider our own capabilities and not only depend on machines to deliver our truths.

I hope I am making some sense Tim.

Stargate

Posts : 1983
Join date : 2014-06-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Flat Earth - another perspective

Post by Kaere on Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:58 pm

Stargate, can I ask why you keep bringing up NASA with regards to this? I get it though, you don't trust them, for whatever reason. But... they are not the only authority on if the world is round or not. Please read this page which speaks about Erastosthenes, a scholar who lived in 300 BC and who used mathematics to establish the spherical nature of earth. He made observations and supported them.

https://astronavigationdemystified.com/eratosthenes-proved-that-the-earth-is-not-flat/

I am very sorry but one simply cannot pull information out of thin air and say it is so. One must be able to express "why" it is so in a measurable way. Otherwise, it's insupportable and cannot be proven to be truth in any way.

Truth is subjective when it comes to non-measurable and non-quantifiable ideas (ghosts, an afterlife, how many licks to the centre of a tootsie pop, etc). Once we can measure those things, then we will know the actual Truth and not what someone might simply want to believe as truth. The fact that the earth is round is NOT subjective, is not a guessing game... it is very measurable, recordable, and provable. The earth is not flat no matter how much one might want it to be. Frankly, I think the flat-earther movement is all about rebelling against "authority" and has nothing to do with rational thought. Of course, that thought is subjective and not measurable so I could be wrong Wink
avatar
Kaere

Posts : 22212
Join date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Flat Earth - another perspective

Post by Stargate on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:24 pm

First Kae, T really appreciate the way you approach things, I very much like the way you challenge a topic be it familiar to you or not, that being said I will answer your questions as they appear.

Stargate, can I ask why you keep bringing up NASA with regards to this? I get it though, you don't trust them, for whatever reason wrote:

1. I mention NASA most times because as I see it the average man does not posses the mechanical means to make most measurement, or visuals. In light of this fact, we have to take most of the information as gospel in order to reason with others. It is evident that our source of information is really at best lopsided, or better said one sided. In other words NASA, is our bible.


Erastosthenes, a scholar who lived in 300 BC and who used mathematics to establish the spherical nature of earth. He made observations and supported them. wrote:

I am in no way denying this mans study and conclusion as to what he found, but as said it is what he found. My argument is not to deny or accept anything, but to answer the questions I ask for myself.

I am very sorry but one simply cannot pull information out of thin air and say it is so. One must be able to express "why" it is so in a measurable way. Otherwise, it's insupportable and cannot be proven to be truth in any way. wrote:

I give you full marks here, I do agree with what you say, however I am not pulling anything out of my hat to prove anything. I don't know why anything exist, i cannot answer that question, I am here with a subjective consciousness and try to do the best I can with it. I cannot prove anything, other than what I see and feel, I must have some way to acknowledge what I see and feel.

Once we can measure those things, then we will know the actual Truth and not what someone might simply want to believe as truth wrote:

We cannot measure everything, at least not yet, there are different parts of our make up unknown to us. Until we can do that we cannot know the total of anything, unless you tell me you can do that of course

The fact that the earth is round is NOT subjective, is not a guessing game wrote:

.I do not know this, I have been told it is.

The earth is not flat no matter how much one might want it to be. Frankly, I think the flat-earther movement is all about rebelling against "authority" and has nothing to do with rational thought. Of course, that thought is subjective and not measurable so I could be wrong wrote:
 

I don't know this either, I do have
questions.


I can't speak for anyone else, I have rebelled against slavery, not authority as such, since I loved my mother and father and accepted the authority they exercised. I do think rational thought is being exercised, since we are able to discuss the point.
You are very right about subjective thought, since every one sees things from a different perspective.

I hope I have addressed all your points.


Stargate

Posts : 1983
Join date : 2014-06-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Flat Earth - another perspective

Post by Kaere on Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:46 pm

I responded to some of this yesterday and then deleted. However, I feel some needs a response.

@Stargate wrote:I mention NASA most times because as I see it the average man does not posses the mechanical means to make most measurement, or visuals. In light of this fact, we have to take most of the information as gospel in order to reason with others. It is evident that our source of information is really at best lopsided, or better said one sided. In other words NASA, is our bible.

Sorry Stargate but on this point you are very mistaken. There are many countries and agencies exploring space (ESA for one, China, Russia, even India...). There are many schools that do class projects involving sending cameras and other measuring high into the atmosphere using just weather balloons and they've been doing it for years and years. My oldest son's class did this last year. Not expensive or technically difficult at all. Have a look on youtube, you'll find quite a few to watch Smile literally anyone can manage it.


You do say quite often that you do not know something only that you've been told something. Y'know... I find this to be quite limiting. The human race is where it is because we've built on what the previous generation has accomplished. They laid foundations for us and we've run with it and rightly so. If not, if we hadn't improved upon what went before us generation after generation, we'd still be thinking fire is a chance encounter, no one would know agriculture or how or why to store food. If Suzy figured out how to make corn soup taste really good by adding something new, should I really settle for corn soup that tastes bland because I didn't figure it out myself? No! I want good soup. It doesn't invalidate me or the soup I make with Suzy's recipe. In ignoring society's advances you are doing yourself a huge disservice. This is your choice, of course.

I have to say I'm with Rockhopper and Agartha on the subject of sources. I don't necessarily agree that peer review is required for us to create our own opinions, I do think it's fairly easy to recognize when a person has no credibility and when they should be dismissed entirely. To say that gravity is a toxin that turns to a medicine if we stand on our heads... no, sorry, that person who said that is a nutjob and should be dismissed out of hand as such. It's quite irresponsible to spread misinformation like that, just look at the anti-vaxxers, basing their "findings" on faulty word of mouth googling and hearsay leading to the resurgence of measles and other serious outbreaks.  Just because a person wants it to be so is no reason to just make crap up. And that's exactly what some of those people are doing in order to prey on the "spiritual" and sell more of their books or ideas or workshops or whatever.

That's my thoughts and that's all I have to say on the matter.
avatar
Kaere

Posts : 22212
Join date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Flat Earth - another perspective

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum