The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

50 dead in Orlando nightclub terror attack

+4
Agartha
Rogue
Kaere
Stargate
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

50 dead in Orlando nightclub terror attack - Page 2 Empty Re: 50 dead in Orlando nightclub terror attack

Post by Agartha Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:05 pm

And how did Americans react to the massacre? By buying more guns!

US gunmaker shares soar after Pulse nightclub massacre
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

50 dead in Orlando nightclub terror attack - Page 2 Empty Re: 50 dead in Orlando nightclub terror attack

Post by Rogue Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:59 pm

It is seriously messed up Ags! It is as though this nation has sucumbed to fear.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:16 pm

It was an AR 35 Ka. That is a semi-auto weapon not a fully auto. They have large magazines (30 to 50 rounds) and fire as fast as one can pull the trigger. In a nightclub it would be easy to kill many people with one.

50 dead in Orlando nightclub terror attack - Page 2 AR-15_rifles_are_displayed_on_the_exhibit_floor_during_the_National_Rifle_Association_N-xlarge_trans++gsaO8O78rhmZrDxTlQBjdEbgHFEZVI1Pljic_pW9c90

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/12/orlando-shooting-gunman-omar-mateen-used-ar-15-assault-rifle-to/

Munteen was a "Good guy with a gun" who became a "Bad guy with a gun!"

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:12 pm

Tell the news people, Rockhopper. They're calling it an automatic.

It's still not a weapon that should be available to the public.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:17 pm

Agartha wrote:And how did Americans react to the massacre? By buying more guns!

US gunmaker shares soar after Pulse nightclub massacre

There is a sort of massed madness going on in the US, that boggles the mind. In the midst of mourning the innocent young people lives, because a weapon that is not supposed to be sold to anyone was used to kill them, they go out and buy more guns. What kind of phobia is that? I am seriously troubled.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:47 am

Kaere wrote:Tell the news people, Rockhopper. They're calling it an automatic.

It's still not a weapon that should be available to the public.

I agree Ka. It should not be available to the public. It is a fast action repeating rifle, no good for targets or hunting.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:53 am

Rockhopper wrote:

Munteen was a "Good guy with a gun" who became a "Bad guy with a gun!"

Tim.

From what I've read/seen I don't think he could be described as a good guy prior to this.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:06 am

Not my quote Rog. it was from the Telegraph site.

Apparently he had no crim. convictions before. The sort of man that the NRA like to quote often.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:37 am

Interesting note on the news tonight that people have reported this guy was a regular at this club. Often sitting there in a corner on his own.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:32 am

It's also been reported that people recognized him from Tinder where he identified himself as gay. So he may have been closeted, exploring or tormented by his sexuality, spurned, or just luring gay men to do harm. He had previously been married and his wife's family helped her escape from him as he was quite violent towards her.

*sigh* I can't wait for the day when no one cares who you love or bonk.

He had no convictions but had been the focus of two FBI investigations which didn't show up during the background checks as they had been closed. The FBI is trying to find a way to explain themselves.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:07 am

If any one want to buy a gun like that, they should be questioned what will it be used for, and possible show proof.

*sigh* I can't wait for the day when no one cares who you love or bonk. wrote:

It sounds simple K, but sadly we have mot reached there in this present time. We have yet to reach where we trust each other and rise above hate.
I am so tired of all the BS, it makes me feel silly to know we are so stupid and selfish.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:43 am

I was just listening to the doctors and nurses looking after the victims of the shooting. I have to say they were absolutely great at what they do. Can you imagine 50 people shot and bleeding to death and you are a doctor responsible for their lives. That is the other side of life we sometimes forget to mention. From the 53 shot, only 6 are in danger of serious problems in post hospital life. Most are saying that was the best, and worst experience they have had in their professional lives.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:15 pm

It actually is not that hard to file down the fire selector nub that makes it a semi-auto AR into a full auto M rifle. there are also ways to buy lower receivers with the full auto, many US gun lovers will use these to destroy old non-working electronics, water filled used milk jugs, and other inanimate targets. The recoil and smell of cordite excites some folks that much,,and they are costly toys for most.

Then there are the angry ones steeped in some religious dogma of hate like most of the mass shooters have been. what matters is the shooter committed his crimes and does not need to be glorified by the MSM, another hateful man was busted at a Pride fest loaded for damage dealing, but he got caught before he could do harm.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:15 pm

Rogue wrote:
It is seriously messed up Ags! It is as though this nation has sucumbed to fear.

I don't know whether it's fear or arrogance...... I see lots of Americans on facebook posing with guns, like they are something to be proud... insane.......

Stargate wrote:
There is a sort of massed madness going on in the US, that boggles the mind. In the midst of mourning the innocent young people lives, because a weapon that is not supposed to be sold to anyone was used to kill them, they go out and buy more guns. What kind of phobia is that? I am seriously troubled.

I think the cowboy mentality never died!

Kaere wrote:*sigh* I can't wait for the day when no one cares who you love or bonk.

Amen to that! If it is between two consenting adults I don't care who you like, who you love and who you are sexually attracted to!

And long live secular societies where we are free to be ourselves!
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:00 am

Not an AR15 but one of these.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:47 am

the SIGM400 looks like a AR-15/M-16/M-4 clone. regardless, most Americans like buying the things.

But the Polis here are heavy handed as they tried to pin this on Islamic radicalism, when it was also more on self loathing. He was told his whole lif4e his feelings were immoral/dirty/perverted/amongst other nasty elements of dogmatic cultural BS. Many of the same Politicians/pastors/etc are guilty of the hate speech that would make people kill others, none of the Abrahamic religions are free of it, and some not-abrahamic religions also have similar issues.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:27 am

We used the Browning FN Bar in 'Nam Len, 7.65mm cal.

50 dead in Orlando nightclub terror attack - Page 2 Browni11

So reliable they got the nickname "Crowbar!" Much better than the M16's which were prone to jamming in the high humidity.

The macho boys need one of the M16 equivalent to make them feel good!

Tim.

Last edited by Rockhopper on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:28 am

I agree leny, so much damage done to our young people in the name of all the good and evil that some of these people have created. Now they have become victims and condemned by the same people who have damaged them. Just image a confused young man walks in a store and can buy one of theses weapons of mass destruction. Truth is he is bent on destroying himself and don't know it.
I don't believe people can give up their guns, but I also believe if the nation is becoming sick and paranoid, you cannot give them guns.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:32 pm

It is a Madhouse here.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:01 am

Lenzabi wrote:It is a Madhouse here.

We live in interesting times Len.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next