Knocked His Boots Off...

Go down

Knocked His Boots Off... Empty Knocked His Boots Off...

Post by Rockhopper on Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:33 am

Man got blown out of his boots with lightning!

The Atlanta-area man who was blown out of his shoes this weekend by lightning says he’s grateful to be alive but now worries about what the next overcast day might bring.

“Though there’s no scientific evidence, most people get struck again,” Sean O’Connor told ABC News today. “I just wonder how I’m going to feel the next time it’s cloudy and I run out to get the mail.”

But the Coweta County man is also hoping to defy the odds in his favor, saying that he’ll be in line for lottery tickets later today.

“A lot of people have told me I’ve got to be lucky enough to win the lottery,” he said. “I’m going to buy a ticket tonight; everyone’s convinced me to play.”

From Here.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Knocked His Boots Off... Empty Re: Knocked His Boots Off...

Post by Rogue on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:03 am

“Though there’s no scientific evidence, most people get struck again,”

Is this true? I wonder, are some people more susceptible? energetic?
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper on Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:40 pm

Apparently we menchen are more in tune than the females of the species!

Knocked His Boots Off... Lead_large

Based on the statistics for gender, the vast majority of lightning victims are male. Possible explanations for this finding are that males are unaware of all the dangers associated with lightning, are more likely to be in vulnerable situations, are unwilling to be inconvenienced by the threat of lightning, are in situations that make it difficult to get to a safe place in a timely manner, don't react quickly to the lightning threat, or any combination of these explanations. In short, because of their behavior, males are at a higher risk of being struck and, consequently, are struck and killed by lightning more often than females.

Knocked His Boots Off... 3837a25ee

From Here.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum