The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ITV #Brexit "Debate"- Cameron & Farage

4 posters

Go down

The ITV #Brexit "Debate"- Cameron & Farage Empty The ITV #Brexit "Debate"- Cameron & Farage

Post by Stargate Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:35 pm

Check this out guys. Although it is a bit old, it kind of highlights the kinds of question the people were asking.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

The ITV #Brexit "Debate"- Cameron & Farage Empty Re: The ITV #Brexit "Debate"- Cameron & Farage

Post by Stirky Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:40 pm

I saw it live. Usual slanting match that we had quite a lot of leading up to the vote, but interesting.

The question now is who steps in to fill Cameron's shoes? I'm glad Cameron resigned, but to be honest nobody in the running for PM fills me with confidence. They are all as bad as eachother!
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

The ITV #Brexit "Debate"- Cameron & Farage Empty Re: The ITV #Brexit "Debate"- Cameron & Farage

Post by Rockhopper Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:36 am

You'll probably get Bojo Stirks. A rather more intelligent Trumpy!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:14 am

I still can't believe it, but Bojo has just announced he is not running for Prime minister.

It will be between May and Gove.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:57 am

We are doomed! I can't stand either!! Pah!
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:05 am

I have no idea what will happen in the next 2 years..... will the UK leave the EU? Will Scotland hold a 2nd referendum? Will Northern Ireland seek to unite again with Ireland?...
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:49 am

I am thinking out loud Agy, I think many will follow. You know England has a strong history, and, the strongest supporter of the EU community. I think the main looser is the EU, England will survive, though not so easy anymore. I think it will be difficult for the US to pick another nation as best friends in the EU.
The biggest problem for the UK is emigration.

Stirks why did you not like David Cameron?

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:50 am

Sorry, Star, I disagree and this is why Boris is running away: they promised to still be in the free market with EU (they UK needs to export to the EU) and that will not happen without free labour movement, which means immigration will not be controlled as the Brexiters wanted. The UK needs to export to the EU and the UK also needs energy from the EU (lots of energy) and without being a member prices are going to spike as the UK will not be able to do cheaper deals as it will not have a voice anymore.

I think this was a mistake.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:06 am

Well yes, I do agree in some measure, but the EU needs Britten no mater what they say. Times are changing and so is the EU. Yes, thing will not be easy but I think it is better the UK make the move now before they cannot budge. From where I sit and watch Agy, the biggest looser is the EU, though the UK is not going to have it easier. No one really know as yet what the next move is going to be. It might have been a good idea to go with the flow just to cool the temperature, but that is too late now.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:51 pm

We'll see what happens when we have a new PM, we'll see whether they will implement article 50 and what kind of deals they get.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:01 pm

Yes Ags, that is most important at the moment, a lot will have to be different with a new leader, the whole world is really paying attention. You have to give it to the UK though, it was a brave move.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down