Comedy on TV

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Comedy on TV

Post by Agartha on Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:20 am

hahaha we are all guilty of being so superficial sometimes! LOL

I looove The Walking Dead (I know, not comedy at all,LOL), and my guilty pleasure is Daryl... I could marry him tomorrow if he wanted me!  Razz
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:23 pm

LOL, probably superficial, yep - my excuse is that it’s also important nourishment for the soul, so I’m sticking with that, hehe Very Happy

I’ve heard a lot about The Walking Dead but never seen it yet, should really check it out.

Speaking of non-comedies, I find soaps are a great source of eye candy too... My personal favourite is Sarah Beaumont in Neighbours. LOL.
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:55 pm

Watching an Arena documentary on Ken Dodd right now... His jokes come across surprisingly witty even now, but his life story is really interesting.

PS - didn't realise this documentary is almost exactly 10 years old!
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:34 pm

This is one of my favourite shows from years ago now - I first got into it when Channel 4 were showing it on Friday nights back in November/December 2000. It totally appeals to my random and sarcastic sense of humour!

TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:59 pm

For no particular reason, a screenshot I captured off my TV with the iPhone a while back:

I just find this character incredibly funny. LOL Very Happy
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:52 am

I missed your previous post! Jom Doly is a favourite of mine, the guy is hilarious! I haven't watched the videos you posted so don't know if it's there, but do you remember the episode when he is crossing the road dressed as a snail???

!!!hahaha too funny
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Snaps! Very Happy Dom Joly is one of the most underrated comedians in my opinion! Sheer genius. Trigger Happy TV helped teach me about random/dry/sarcastic comedy, it was such a revelation when I first saw it. The icing on the cake is the deadpan expression he manages to keep so perfectly when speaking to other people. Honestly, there’s not one single sketch I don’t find funny, but the best ones for me are the ones with bands or orchestras playing badly in public, as well as the ones where he stops older people in the park and accuses them of doing handbrake turns or letting off fireworks. As well as the classic sketch with the giant phone, which resonated with me at the time as I’d just gotten my very first mobile phone shortly before I first watched this, and it had that same ringtone. The sketches with the animal costumes are brilliant too, and yep, I love the snail sketch! Smile
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:12 am

LOL the Nokia ringtone will always be part of many of us, our memories. In fact I only ever bought Nokia until the creation of smart phones... pity Nokia couldn't keep up with the times.

I agree, he is one of the most underrated comedians! This is also one of my favourite moments:

Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:47 am

Ha, that sketch is brilliant - love the part where people realise he's actually going to go on counting and start getting upset. Very Happy

Yeah, that Nokia Grande Valse ringtone has a lot of good memories for me from before I had a smartphone(Even the first smartphone I had was a Nokia N8, which came with it as standard - although it was an atmospheric version with the tune being played on guitar).

This is the single sketch which I found funniest which was easy to find on YouTube as a near-standalone video(Although the two after it on the same clip are pretty good too IMO):

TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:04 pm

!!!!hahaha he's a genious!
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:15 pm

Love that particular misspelling of genius, it reads well and sounds the same. Agreed!

Along the same kind of lines as Trigger Happy TV IMO, but more satirical, is The Revolution Will Be Televised. Another show I love:

It's another show that consistently makes me LOL whenever I watch it, including repeats.
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:38 am

Another abstract/surreal/random comedy show I like - Look Around You:

(This is actually one of the less funny shows IMO, but it's the only one I could find on YouTube in its entirety)

Apparently based on BBC educational programmes from the 1980s and early 90s, although I don't remember those.
Very dry humour.
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:28 am

Another surreal comedy - in fact, the show that introduced me to surreal comedy - The Mighty Boosh:

I always thought Noel Fielding's Glam Rock look in this was really cool.
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:25 pm

More classic Scottish comedy I remembered earlier tonight:

It’s pretty dated now, and some of the humour is controversial - but at least it shows that although times change, Scottish humour doesn’t! LOL.
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Mon May 14, 2018 12:57 pm

For no particular reason, this video came into my consciousness again today:

I loved Bo' Selecta! back in the day, but this was easily my favourite sketch on the whole show. Never gets old!
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Thu May 17, 2018 8:24 pm

Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Thu May 17, 2018 10:46 pm

Hahaha, I've never seen this show before but that sketch is brilliant, gets even funnier as it goes on Very Happy

My favourite bit is where he does the impression of Siamese elephants trumpeting - genius!
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Thu May 17, 2018 11:30 pm

I used to watch the Carol Burnett show when I was a young girl... the sketches were sooo funny! Just silliness all 'round. Tim Conway used to improv a lot to try to make the others laugh, you can see them working so hard to keep a straight face lol

Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Fri May 18, 2018 12:39 am

LMAO, those are brilliant! The sketches have a very modern and contemporary feel, and I think that's the sign of a well-written and well-made show.
Awesome videos! Very Happy
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum