The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

4 posters

Page 6 of 35 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 35  Next

Go down

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist  - Page 6 Empty Re: TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:32 pm

This was the first REM song I connected with at the time it was released; I loved the uptempo sound and beat of it. I was drawn to it overall, although I've never understood why yet - maybe there was a reason that'll become clear in the future. Emotionally it feels like a blank canvas:

(REM - Bad Day)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:24 pm

This song has massive personal significance for me - it struck me as stunningly beautiful from the first time I heard it, but its release also coincided with a time of great personal loss in my life, which gave the lyrics a powerful resonance for me.
It’s a song I always love hearing(And one that’s haunted me at times too), but one that also brings tears to my eyes whenever I listen closely to it:

(Foo Fighters - Long Road To Ruin)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:48 pm

I’ve recently been put in mind of this, my favourite Florence track so far. It immediately struck a chord with me when I first heard it; several of the lyrics speak to me, especially It’s always darkest before the dawn.
Total tune.

And she’s got the same Birthday as me, which always makes me smile!

(Florence & The Machine - Shake It Out)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:26 pm

I remember this song(Just!) from when it first came out, and I've always liked it and been drawn to it, although it's fallen off my emotional radar in recent years. About a week ago it suddenly got in my head and stayed there for days, and I thought about posting it here but didn't - think I felt that it could've been influenced by the TV ad that uses it, and that that didn't count as being triggered somehow. Then I heard the news a couple of days ago, and I was shocked.
It's also a song which has past life connotations for me, I've begun to realise:

Also posted as a mark of respect for Dolores O'Riordan; Very proud to post her song here.

(The Cranberries - Dreams)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:21 pm

This is a song that only really came into my consciousness fairly recently - the first time I was actively drawn to it was one time when I happened to see it on TOTP 1982 one time in late 2016. But when I listened to the lyrics carefully, my heart melted; I found it to be one of the most beautiful, sentimental yet heartbreaking songs I’ve ever heard, especially towards the end. Although it’s sung by a woman and ostensibly aimed at a woman too, I found it resonated personally; especially considering the idea of past lives, which the lyrics actually could be seen as referencing.
Recently it’s been in my head a lot, kind of alongside Dreams:

(Charlene - I've Never Been To Me)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:20 pm

This is a song I’ve loved ever since I randomly heard it one time when an 80s compilation CD was playing, a few years back. I’ve not sensed any particular connection with it yet as such, but I absolutely love the overall sound of it on a deep level:

(Adam & The Ants - Stand And Deliver)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:25 pm

Ahh, Stand And Deliver happens to be #1 on the edition of TOTP 1981 which just got shown on BBC4 tonight.
OK... Wasn’t aware of/expecting that!
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:29 pm

I don't attach any particular deep meaning to this one - Not yet anyway, but I think it's a really awesome song for a night out. When I was out on the night of New Year 2012-2013, the rock club I was in played this as the first song after the bells, and I've loved it ever since - I can't hear it on a night out now without jumping up and dancing:

(Andrew WK - Party Hard)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:14 am

This is the only Def Leppard hit I remember listening to when it came out - the rest are from before my time. I’ve always loved the melody, and as I got older I grew to appreciate the lyrics, which also resonated with me. Lately it’s been in my head a bit, so probably a good time to post it here:

(Def Leppard - When Love & Hate Collide)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:30 pm

This track is one I was immediately drawn to when it came out - I bought the album just so I could loop this song. I loved its alternative sound and rhythmic melody. I was very drawn to the lyrics as well, I found them profound and moving, if in a sobering way. It's never haunted me - Not yet at least - but it's still a song I've always liked:

(Nerina Pallot - Everybody's Gone To War)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:03 am

I connected with this track straight away when it came out, I was immediately drawn to the lyrics which struck me as philosophical and profound, as well as the melody, which captivated me too. It's always been a track I've loved ever since:

(Biffy Clyro - God And Satan)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:02 am

This song has haunted me from time to time, and the general sound of it has always captivated me; hearing it on the radio this morning brought it back into my immediate awareness again:

(Erasure - Blue Savannah)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:15 pm

I've always found the lyrics of this song particularly powerful and inspirational, and it has a clear resonance for me right now:

(Katy Perry - Firework)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:54 pm

This song is one that’s been significant to me for a long time now, more and more as time has gone on; I find it deeply touching and heartfelt, and I feel a kind of connection with it on a soul level too. It’s haunted me at times in the past, and it had dropped off my consciousness radar lately, but when I mentioned Cher in the other thread earlier on, that made me think of it again. I think it’s powerful in a profound way:

I think the outro in particular is deeply moving.

(Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:06 am

Firework has special meaning to my heart as well... it's very motivational and soul-filling, if you let it be.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:09 pm

Kaere wrote:Firework has special meaning to my heart as well... it's very motivational and soul-filling, if you let it be.

Hey Smile First off, great to see a post not made by me! I enjoy working on this thread but feel like I'm acting like a bot sometimes when I just post the videos one after another with their various descriptions, LOL. Welcome! Very Happy

I agree - it's such a beautiful sentiment in Firework, I feel. I felt like it spoke to me the very first time I heard it, and I feel like it's an anthem for anyone who's had a tough time, been unfortunate, been disadvantaged, or just has low self-confidence. I can't listen to it without smiling and feeling better.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:10 pm

TrueCrazyLion wrote:Hey Smile First off, great to see a post not made by me! I enjoy working on this thread but feel like I'm acting like a bot sometimes when I just post the videos one after another with their various descriptions, LOL. Welcome! Very Happy

I agree - it's such a beautiful sentiment in Firework, I feel. I felt like it spoke to me the very first time I heard it, and I feel like it's an anthem for anyone who's had a tough time, been unfortunate, been disadvantaged, or just has low self-confidence. I can't listen to it without smiling and feeling better.

I guess threads like these are intensely personal, commenting on something that has such meaning for you could be difficult for others.

Very much agreed, this is a great pick you up song!
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:47 am

Ahh, I get you totally Smile
I'm definitely cool with you guys commenting as I trust you to be respectful and welcome your opinions - although I don't "expect" comments from others either as I don't assume my posts are that inspirational, if that makes sense.

Thanks for sharing your feels, much appreciated! Smile
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:44 pm

This song meant a lot to me as soon as it came out - I remember buying it the first week it was in the shops and being very glad I'd helped it get to #1 in the charts. I've always been very drawn to the overall sound of it.
It gained greater meaning for me two years later, when F1-ITV used it as their soundtrack to accompany their highlights of 11 years of showing F1 at the final Grand Prix of 2008, since F1 coverage in the UK was moving back to the BBC in 2009; watching that moved me to tears at the time.
The song has had more and more meaning for me over time, and it's haunted me at times too:

(My Chemical Romance - Welcome To The Black Parade)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:15 pm

This song is one that spoke to me the first time I heard it(And I heard the very first airplay of it on Radio 1, as it turns out) - it’s always had profound meaning for me as expressing the feelings we go through when a close friendship breaks down(And possibly reflecting on it much later after reconciling, although that isn’t guaranteed of course). I’ve always found it very thought-provoking:

(Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow - Shame)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 35 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 35  Next