The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

4 posters

Page 4 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next

Go down

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist  - Page 4 Empty Re: TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:49 pm

My favourite Oasis song - it expresses my life philosophy pretty perfectly as well as being a great laid-back sounding tune, and also because it was actually much rarer than their other hits for years due to being a standalone track which wasn’t on any of their albums, which automatically increased its appeal for me anyways:

(Oasis - Whatever)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:11 pm

I’ve always loved this, think it’s a great feelgood track:

(Dario G - Sunchyme)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:51 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding a current video after the one I originally posted here got deleted!)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:34 pm

I came across this track by chance after buying a copy of The Beatles’ first album back in late 2003... Loved it the first time I heard it. It seemed to bring back overwhelming happy memories of nights out, even though I couldn’t remember a specific time when I’d heard it. I love the energy and character of it, and it doesn’t feel like a Beatles track at all to me somehow:

(The Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:22 am

The song that got me into Primal Scream, and one I immediately loved the first time I heard it; I find it inspiring and captivating, especially the instrumental part.

(Primal Scream - Country Girl)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:44 am

I’ve always been powerfully drawn to this track and found both the lyrics and the melody very beautiful, on what I now know is a subconscious level:

(The Calling - Wherever You Will Go)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:41 pm

This track has haunted me from time to time over the last couple of years, and I identify strongly with it. I find it very beautiful:

(Rachel Platten - Fight Song)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:57 pm

I found this track resonated with me the first time I heard it; I loved the melody as well as the creativity of the lyrics in the chorus, and the heartfelt way she sings it. Plus it got released in February 2001, when I was off school not well and spent a lot of time listening to the radio in my room, so it kinda got laser-burned into my memory:

(Samantha Mumba - Always Come Back To Your Love)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:14 am; edited 3 times in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:23 pm

I’ve been a huge fan of this song ever since it won Eurovision, as I’ve always loved the melody and the words, but lately I’ve grown to love it even more, as I find the message behind it is an especially beautiful one, as conveyed by the lyrics:

(Katrina & The Waves - Love Shine A Light)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:44 pm

This song had no particular meaning for me till one day in July 2008 when there was a Sunday morning event on at the local community centre, involving a barbecue and music being played over a PA system, amongst other things - and I’d been chosen to be the DJ. For the full backstory, there was no playlist - I had to just keep choosing and playing music spontaneously from the random collection of CDs that was available. Also, the speakers of the PA system were set up outside the community centre, and the music was playing loud enough to be heard several streets away.
For some reason, about an hour into the event, I decided to play this track on the PA system - I really don’t know what made me choose it, it just kind of happened. About halfway through the track, the guy who had co-facilitated the event suddenly came up to me and said “You are a genius!”. When I asked what he meant, he explained that just out of sight of the community centre was a local church. It turned out that I had unwittingly begun playing this track(Being mid-morning on a Sunday) just as the church service was waiting outside the church and about to go in. Apparently they had heard the track playing, and they had not looked amused.
Ever since, I can’t listen to this song or think about that day without smiling:

(REM - Losing My Religion)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:58 am

I first heard this song at a party in a pub in August 2014, when someone there kept playing it over and over again on the jukebox - and I was mesmerised by it. I loved her soulful and expressive voice first of all, and then when I replayed the song in my own right and checked out the lyrics, I found there were strong parallels with my own personal experiences.
I’ve found this song to be a source of comfort and strength ever since, as listening to it is always a liberating experience for me when I connect with the lyrics:

(Ella Henderson - Ghost)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:51 pm

I’ve always been a fan of Ed’s music but loved this track the first time I heard it; the connecting with childhood memories and sense of belonging in the song are things that resonate deeply with me. Plus, maybe there’s a deeper connection with it that hasn’t played out yet:

(Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:25 pm

This is another song which speaks directly to me at the most basic level - I can feel the emotions surge every time I hear it, especially the opening chords, which slice through me like a machete through butter. I first experienced this sensation with this track unexpectedly when I was on a car journey, being driven back to Dundee from a weekend stay in Aberfeldy in March 2016, and a CD with this song on it got played on the car stereo. It was an emotional moment - possibly because I was hungover after a heavy night the night before, and that could’ve affected my energy, I dunno:

(Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:18 pm

Love this track mainly because it expresses my feelings about coming out of my shell, growing out of being shy, and above all, being my own person:

Oh, and she's hawt. Even when there's a YouTube logo where her mouth should be.

(Katy Perry - Roar)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:17 pm

I first heard this song in the summer of 2013, when my local McDonald's started being open 24 hours and I began sitting in there all night with my laptop on the WiFi - and this was one of the songs they played in the restaurant on a regular basis. I was mesmerised by it, but I didn't know the title or artist to begin with, so I found it by Googling some of the lyrics.
I think it's very beautiful and thought-provoking, with a captivating chorus, and it's particularly come to represent good memories of chilled all-nighters in McDonald's:

(Caro Emerald - The Other Woman)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:22 pm

I immediately got drawn to this track the first time I heard it, and it appeals to me on every level - the song itself, the message behind the song, the tune of the song, and the final bridge, which reminds me of African singing, and always struck me as exceptionally beautiful.
It’s a song I can totally lose myself in:

(Fun. - We Are Young)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:18 pm

I was captivated by this song when it came out, so bought the album and played the track heavily throughout January/February 2004. It was one of my first experiences of connecting so deeply with a song and its emotions. So many of the words resonated deeply with me, as well as the overall vibe of the song itself. I've loved it ever since:

(Katie Melua - The Closest Thing To Crazy)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:28 pm

I’ve always been a fan of Mumford & Sons and I really liked a couple of the singles off their debut album, but this one really fired my imagination and spoke directly to my soul when I first listened to it. I love the lyrics, the rhythm, the way the song builds and builds as it goes on. It’s always nice to let it wash over me, I find:

(Mumford & Sons - I Will Wait)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:39 pm

This is a track which took a while to grow on me, but it suddenly hit me one morning when I randomly decided to play it on a radio show I was presenting one Friday in March 2008. It was the final day of the radio station being on air - it was a temporary local community radio station which only used to broadcast for 4 weeks at a time, which I loved being involved in - so I was on the emotional side anyway. But when this track played I suddenly listened to the words properly for the first time, and I remember being moved to tears by them. There’s so much wisdom, and it’s told in such a moving and heartfelt way. It made me strongly aware of the finite nature of human life, which really hits home for me everytime I listen to it.
At that point I also remembered an experience I had had a few months earlier in October 2007, when I’d randomly logged onto a computer in the library at my local uni, where I was a student at the time. After being online for a few minutes, I happened to look up and notice that pinned up on the notice-board behind the computer was a sheet with the lyrics of this track printed on it. I studied it for a few moments, and then my eyes fell on the part which said “...at 4PM on some idle Tuesday”. Then I suddenly realised that it was a Tuesday, and it was nearly 4PM! A shiver went through me at that point.
I’ve since realised that must’ve been a classic example of a track haunting me, although I didn’t understand that concept back then.
There’s definitely a strong connection with it:

(Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free To Wear Sunscreen)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:44 pm

I actually remember this song(Just!) from when it came out. A few years ago I reconnected with it, on a much deeper level, after hearing it on a compilation CD a friend had made.
I love the whole vibe if it - so happy, so relaxed, so positive - and I love the sentiment of it, since it felt like my reconnection with this song in 2014 coincided with my spiritual awakening. It has a lot of great feelings and memories associated with it:

(UB40 - Higher Ground)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:35 pm

This is a song I've always loved listening to, as the chorus in particular mesmerised me the first time I heard it. I've always connected strongly with the words and the sentiment, and I can't think if any other song which expresses both so powerfully at once:

(Noisettes - Never Forget You)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next