The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deadly Ebola Virus

+11
IceWendigo
Aianawa aianawa nui
Stargate
Lenzabi
Kaere
Agartha
X
Mordae
Rockhopper
Rinoa
Rogue
15 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Deadly Ebola Virus - Page 14 Empty Re: Deadly Ebola Virus

Post by Stargate Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:01 am

I find this very very interesting that Nigeria was able to save so many lives with such a simple method. A noble health prize is in order.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:51 am

Massive rehydration with the mix of saline/glucose like what we had done for Parvo-virus puppies
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:27 am

Deadly Ebola Virus - Page 14 Enhanced-30675-1413975418-3

Basic reproduction number, or R0, is a measure of how many new people, on average, each person with a disease will infect.

The larger an R0, the harder an epidemic is to control. For Ebola, that number is between 1.7 and 2.

For comparison, seasonal flu has an R0 range of 0.9-2.1, for SARS it’s 0.7-3.6, and for measles it’s 10.0-18.0.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/kellyoakes/ebola-myths
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:15 am

Rogue, I cannot understand if Ebola is so dangerous, why did they allow it to get out of hand in Africa, it just does not add up. O see something else behind this. How come all of the people that are Americans are being cured? Does this make sense to you?

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:27 am

There are many reasons why Star. Cultural, poverty, poor Health Systems, etc. all play a part. The tradition of bathing and kissing their dead didn't help either.

Then there was the people turning up to collect the sick looking like spacemen which didn't help either especially with the local people being quite superstitious! All of these things caused it to spread through the communities. At the early stages, the people thought that those who were taking them away were the killers, not the disease.

The victims in the west have all been in contact with infected persons elsewhere and as soon as they show symptoms they are quarantined in a hazard protection unit.  Those who came in contact with them are constantly monitored too.

Ebola is not infectious until the symptoms show, the patient gets a fever and tummy troubles, from then on it's infectious and the patients can then spread the disease.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordae Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:47 am

The fact that people in America (and most of the developed world for that matter) tend to be more socially isolated than those in developing countries would help contain the virus as well.

At this point though, you probably need to be more concerned about infection from E. Coli than E. Bola Wink
Mordae
Mordae

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:40 am

Yep, E. Coli from Amurika's fav'rite Fast food joints!
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:25 pm

According to that source of accurate news Donald Trump, Ebola is all Bam's fault! Because he's coffee-coloured and had an African daddy, Bams wants to Africanise the US! And everyone knows that Ebola is an African disease. So it has to be Bam's fault you see!

Could some-one tell me how some-one that damned stupid gets to where he is?

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:13 am

Rockhopper wrote:According to that source of accurate news Donald Trump, Ebola is all Bam's fault! Because he's coffee-coloured and had an African daddy, Bams wants to Africanise the US! And everyone knows that Ebola is an African disease. So it has to be Bam's fault you see!

Could some-one tell me how some-one that damned stupid gets to where he is?

Tim.

Like most of the insanely rich, Daddy trump passed it to his little boy Donald when he passed on to the next existence. This in turn allows him to make more money with the money he got, and then buy spots on TV an such.

The 1%-ers really are that sad and pathetic little parasites socially speaking.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:20 pm

I just read a very interesting article on the Ebola virus. It was stated that there was a patent registered for the virus, so I decided to check it out. I discovered that there is patent filed by the US patent # CA 2741523A1 in 2010. I followed some other links and found out that there is a bioweapon lab in Siera Leone for decades funded by the US government. I also discovered that Monsanto spent millions of dollars to develop an Ebola vaccine. There is also a company in Australia making huge profits on EBOLA protective suites sold in Africa. I may be wrong on some things but why is there a patent for Ebola? Does that mean a weapon system? If not, what does that mean?

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:53 pm

On a less diabolic note, it could be for the sake that work with the virus is proprietary for any cures, and any revenue they may indeed bring.

Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:58 pm

With all the paranoia I am reminded of the crap that surrounded HIV back in the 80's. People were paranoid that they would catch it from some-one walking by in the street.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:36 pm

Visiting hospital this last week, first time for ages, I could'nt help noticing a big array of posters and info on Ebola. I was probably surprised but happy to see some preparedness.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:34 pm

Common sense and proper protocols made us in America at 0 Ebola patients. All that hysteria for nothing.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:05 am

Lenzabi wrote:...All that hysteria for nothing.

Oh well, dear Len..... I guess all eyes are on Kim Kardashian's bottom now!

lol
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:02 pm

Agartha wrote:
Lenzabi wrote:...All that hysteria for nothing.

Oh well, dear Len..... I guess all eyes are on Kim Kardashian's bottom now!

lol

Like many men, I do appreciate the female posterior curvatures, but KK is one I'm not so worried about seeing or not. Leave celebrity silliness to the fan rags, not major media
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:41 am

Haha, Len you sound prudish, how can you not be bold over by such roundness? You may have seen it all and the female curves have not changed to create new excitement. Never mind I too cannot understand the message. Lol. Very Happy

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayflow Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:33 am

Well, hi again Stargate! Glad to see you are still alive. How did a topic here get changed from how to deal with and eliminate a deadly and horrible virus to someone's big ass?

Mayflow

http://exploringyourmind.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:19 pm

Mayflow wrote:Well, hi again Stargate! Glad to see you are still alive. How did a topic here get changed from how to deal with and eliminate a deadly and horrible virus to someone's big ass?

Hi MF, so nice to see you here, yes I am still holding on to life trying to make the best of what is left of it. Well to answeryor question, as you know one comment can change the whole topic, and before you know it everything has changed. The good part is the people here don't make too much of it and things usually gets back on track. I missed you and hope you are well.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:29 pm

As happens, the media hysteria machine can't get more reactions from people with a 0 Ebola in America stat, so they fall back on celebrity stuff, if not Kim Kardashians butt, drunken Bieber stories, or lewd Miley.

Now as far as the situation back in West Africa, with some nations sending help with better isolation capability, and that Nigeria shared their technique, Ebola can be contained and controlled, yet the Nigeria approach is pretty much what we in veterinary clinics had to do for the care of Parvo-virus puppies. Isolate, clean protocols, and massive re-hydration of the pups and they survived the bout till they got their immune systems kicked in.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next