The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you believe the Holy Bible ?

+9
IceWendigo
Rinoa
Mordae
Rockhopper
Agartha
Monk (in hiding)
Kaere
X
Marilyn7
13 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Do you believe the Holy Bible ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe the Holy Bible ?

Post by Rinoa Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:55 am

I'm not an atheist either lol, I do believe in god, just not the bible, to make me an atheist I would have to not believe in god, but I do, in fact Mordae I believe god created the big bang.
Rinoa
Rinoa

Back to top Go down

Do you believe the Holy Bible ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe the Holy Bible ?

Post by Rockhopper Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:09 am

Mordae wrote:And often it's those who claim others beliefs (such as the big bang theory for example...just sayin') are those of "Bible babblers".  Laughing 

The point missed is that the question was about the Bible...not sumerian texts or other religious writings.

I was told that I started with a big bang! Wink

Whenever has a thread on this 4um ever stayed on course? They drift all over the show Mordman. Cool 

No I don't believe the bible is the word of god, it's the words of many men with ulterior motives. The OT is a copy of the Jewish Torah which was complied by several Rabbi in Alexandria around 500BC. and adopted by the Jewish tribes. The NT was a creation started in about 450AD and completed by about 900AD. Both are collections of fairy tales.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:49 am

Atheism As A Mental Disorder or Illness? New Studies say, “Yes.”

“Overt atheism, in other words, atheism that is professed as a way of life by some individuals — a manifesto of sorts –  was found to be a common component inherent to many people suffering from other forms of severe mental illness,” said Dr. Hans Zimmermann MD PhD

“We started to notice that many of our experimental volunteers — those who were defiantly atheistic in their beliefs — were also suffering from various forms of dissociate disorders and social adaptation manias. This came as quite a shock to us as we studied patient after patient because for years we have been led to believe that religious zeal was often a patently obvious sign of mental illness, but in fact this is not the case.  Quite the contrary.

“The individuals we have  studied, especially those under the age of forty who actively participate in open debate about their own avowed atheism, or people who are very strident about their atheism are heavily prone to mental illness — and most of the illnesses are quite severe.  This was not a handful of subjects who were studied, mind you.  There were 17,809 people in the study.  It was a very large model as far as psychological experiments go.”

“The Misfit Syndrome” as we have described it in our literature that has yet to be published, is actually a profound psychosis in and of itself,” said Zimmermann. It should be understood that atheism alone is not a mental illness, but overt atheism — the need to profess one’s atheism and to openly debate the existence of a deity of any kind — is almost always a sign of serious mental illness.  Many people walk around without a thought about a god or creator and these people are essentially athiests.  These people do very well.  The overt athiest, however, people who openly state, ‘I am an athiest,’ and then go on to debate their anti-religious issues, are, according to 22 years of intensive research, often very unwell as far as mental illness is concerned.  I say ‘unwell’ because aside from the obvious mental illnesses we have observed, we have also seen a vast amount of yet to be understood mental abberations — strange things that often pass in polite society as someone being ‘odd’ or ‘strange’ or what one of our American doctors called, ‘oddballs.”  Naturally it sounds very unscientific but the mathematical computer models are there plainly staring us in the face and we have no explanation.  It’s baffling.”

“Of course people will argue with our study and say that we are pushing religion but nothing could be further from the truth,” continued Zimmermann.

“The study is virtually infallible and after nearly thirty double-blind studies we cannot come to any other conclusions.  

“For example, facial symmetry, or that which we call beauty in some cultures, is overwhelming lacking in the overt atheist.  Does this mean that the face of overt athiesm is an ugly face?  We are not sure, but evidence seems to point in that direction.  One obvious physiological connection we have been able to make is that women who had excess body hair or round or plethoric faces, were very prone to pronounced and blatantly overt atheism top the point of millitantism.  

“Some will argue that a person who is ‘unnattractive’ as far as Western tastes go will gravitate towards issues of anger and anti-social behavior and often that kind of anger will manifest as a hatred for the concept of a god or deity or creator.  They might blame the creator and by denying the existance of a creator, they are denying their own ugliness.  I do not mean to imply that one has to be ugly to be an athiest but there is an inherent inner ugliness that the patients percieve about themselves.  They may be quite attractive but consider themselves to be ugly but overall the people we studied were not blatantly attractive physically.  Another factor to be considered is that a person who exhibits the Misfit Syndrome may be inclined to intentionally seem unappealing.  They may be intentionally unstylish or unkempt.  There are so many comorbities and variants that it may take years to create a scientific model that projects 100% accuracy with regards to how this all applies to western beauty.

“We have found that to be true in about 97% of the cases.  You never have any medical study where 97% of your results are positive.  It’s almost impossible to make a mistake with numbers like that.  Something is going on here and the common thread with almost all overt atheists is serious mental illness or an inclination to develop a profound mental illness by age thirty-five.  

“It’s hard to accept something like this — something like the results of our study — in an enlightened society, but there is no getting around the scientific proof. Every variable and every model that has been used comes to the same conclusion.  People who openly do not believe in a creator or a greater spirit and opt to debate it as part of their definition of self, are almost always suffering from a serious mental illness, and if they are not currently sick, the odds are nearly 100% that they eventually will become mentally ill. “

http://thedamienzone.com/2012/08/17/atheism-as-a-mental-disorder-or-illness-new-studies-say-yes/

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by X Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:12 am

The Sumerian texts were written when the gods inhabited the earth.,.all other religious writings copy that

X

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:10 pm

Rockhopper wrote:
Mordae wrote:And often it's those who claim others beliefs (such as the big bang theory for example...just sayin') are those of "Bible babblers".  Laughing 

The point missed is that the question was about the Bible...not sumerian texts or other religious writings.

I was told that I started with a big bang! Wink

Whenever has a thread on this 4um ever stayed on course? They drift all over the show Mordman. Cool 

No I don't believe the bible is the word of god, it's the words of many men with ulterior motives. The OT is a copy of the Jewish Torah which was complied by several Rabbi in Alexandria around 500BC. and adopted by the Jewish tribes. The NT was a creation started in about 450AD and completed by about 900AD. Both are collections of fairy tales.

Tim.

Yes, you are correct, it's about who we are, humans seem to always have an agenda, right rock.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:14 pm

Mr.W wrote:The Sumerian texts were written when the gods inhabited the earth.,.all other religious writings copy that

Sounds like the gods inhabited many other places too in the distant past.

Interesting take on things, humanity runs in cycles, no linear progression from primitive to modern man.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:20 pm

vision-master wrote:Atheism As A Mental Disorder or Illness? New Studies say, “Yes.”

“Overt atheism, in other words, atheism that is professed as a way of life by some individuals — a manifesto of sorts –  was found to be a common component inherent to many people suffering from other forms of severe mental illness,” said Dr. Hans Zimmermann MD PhD

http://thedamienzone.com/2012/08/17/atheism-as-a-mental-disorder-or-illness-new-studies-say-yes/

OMG VM, that's was going on FB a couple of years ago and it's a hoax, fake, not real!! Try to google Dr Hans Zimmerman, any of his research, I did last year (or 2 years ago) and there's nothing on him, no study published and he was never mentioned on the discovery channel.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by X Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:25 pm

Does that mean all humans?

X

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:26 pm

See the ghost hands.

Nephew took digital picture of baby picture last week, hands showed up - spirits my friends.

Do you believe the Holy Bible ? - Page 3 2d27h38

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:28 pm

Agartha wrote:
vision-master wrote:Atheism As A Mental Disorder or Illness? New Studies say, “Yes.”

OMG VM, that's was going on FB a couple of years ago and it's a hoax, fake, not real!! Try to google Dr Hans Zimmerman, any of his research, I did last year (or 2 years ago) and there's nothing on him, no study published and he was never mentioned on the discovery channel.

removed the "MD" in "Dr. Hans Zimmermann MD PhD" and queried "Dr. Hans Zimmermann PhD" using Google and received 12,700,000 results:

First link -> http://pure.au.dk/portal/en/persons/hans-dieter-zimmermann(c6747ae6-4de6-4abf-8e7e-932f1116e084)/persons/hans-dieter-zimmermann(c6747ae6-4de6-4abf-8e7e-932f1116e084).html

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:34 pm

That's a very common name, my friend........find me his research or him being mentioned in the Discovery channel or something and I'll read it.

Although you have to realize it's fake when he 'proved' with his research that Atheists are ugly.......come on!!! lol
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:36 pm

Prayer at Midlife is Associated with Reduced Risk of Cognitive Decline in Arabic Women

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3754426/

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by X Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:38 pm

Lol

atheist aren't all ugly...in fact some can be down right sexy

X

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:44 pm

vision-master wrote:Prayer at Midlife is Associated with Reduced Risk of Cognitive Decline in Arabic Women

^^ This is different. It has been proven spirituality is important and many atheists are spiritual, they are just not into organized religion. Some are spiritual following what they call their holly book, some are spiritual without any holly book.

Whitty: Gwen Stefani is a well known Atheist......and she is ugly, eh? hahahaha
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:44 pm

Atheist Bertrand Russell

“Unless you assume a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless.”

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:47 pm

Agartha wrote:
vision-master wrote:Prayer at Midlife is Associated with Reduced Risk of Cognitive Decline in Arabic Women

^^ This is different. It has been proven spirituality is important and many atheists are spiritual, they are just not into organized religion. Some are spiritual following what they call their holly book, some are spiritual without any holly book.

Whitty: Gwen Stefani is a well known Atheist......and she is ugly, eh? hahahaha

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[3][4][5] Most inclusively, atheism is the absence of belief that any deities exist.[4][5][6][7] Atheism is contrasted with theism,[8][9] which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists.[9][10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:52 pm

Spirit!

"...and the disciples having seen him walking upon the sea, were troubled saying, 'It is an apparition,' and from the fear they cried out."
Matthew 14:26

"...and there appeared to them, Elijah with Moses, and they were talking with Jesus."
Mark 9:4

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:54 pm

vision-master wrote:
Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[3][4][5] Most inclusively, atheism is the absence of belief that any deities exist.[4][5][6][7] Atheism is contrasted with theism,[8][9] which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists.[9][10]

Yes, I agree, that is what atheism means.........BUT spirituality is not religion. Spirituality is what gives meaning to one's life. Some may find that meaning in the Bible and the Quran. Others find spirituality, that meaning, somewhere else.

Some atheists find spirituality simply by believing in the miracle of life and by rejoycing in the wonders of our own biology, of our incredible planet and the tantalizing infinite universe. Many atheists are very spiritual.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:56 pm

Perhaps that's our misunderstanding, VM... do you see Spirit as indivisible from a "God"?

I think you've made an assumption about some of the beliefs of others here. I could be wrong about that *shrugs*
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:01 pm

Agartha wrote:
vision-master wrote:

Yes, I agree, that is what atheism means.........BUT spirituality is not religion. Spirituality is what gives meaning to one's life. Some may find that meaning in the Bible and the Quran. Others find spirituality, that meaning, somewhere else.

Some atheists find spirituality simply by believing in the miracle of life and by rejoycing in the wonders of our own biology, of our incredible planet and the tantalizing infinite universe. Many atheists are very spiritual.

The Bible is not religion, true Atheists do not believe in a creator and shun intelligent design. Everything was and is created randomly without spirit. Only physical matter exists.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next