The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you believe the Holy Bible ?

+9
IceWendigo
Rinoa
Mordae
Rockhopper
Agartha
Monk (in hiding)
Kaere
X
Marilyn7
13 posters

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

Do you believe the Holy Bible ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do you believe the Holy Bible ?

Post by Monk (in hiding) Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:19 am

Mr.W wrote:Lets talk about creation...as in life and all matter

what do we need to create these things...from nothing..or when there was nothing?

Science discovers how things work, the why is the million dollar question.

I'm so overwhelmed by gods work on the creation of everything, intelligent design is everywhere. Take a common weed, how does it know, it's a weed and how does it know how to grow in spiral form using the fibonacci sequence.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Do you believe the Holy Bible ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do you believe the Holy Bible ?

Post by Rockhopper Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:22 pm

All that is needed is the right conditions, the right chemicals and the right catalyst then bingo, life must exist. For it to survive requires the conditions to be stable enough for long enough.

I'm so overwhelmed by gods work on the creation of everything, intelligent design is everywhere. Take a common weed, how does it know, it's a weed and how does it know how to grow in spiral form using the fibonacci sequence.

Good Hanky, a Ken Hamite! Whether it's a weed or not is non sequitur, 'Weed' is a human term. It's called Genetics, the instructions are stored in the genes of the plant. Nothing magical or intelligent about it, just the most efficient way that plant grows.

Tim.

Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:38 pm

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:07 pm

And David Copperfield is a god too. As is Derryn Brown.

Makes the Statue of Liberty disappear.

Heck, he even flys!  Shocked 

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by X Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:02 pm

According to the above theory..our universe is teeming with life then....so...then a creator of all must exist..and...extraterrestrial life exists...and...some are so much more technologically advanced which makes them capable of cosmic travel....capable of dna twinking......capable of being our god

X

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:31 pm

Mr.W wrote:According to the above theory..our universe is teeming with life then....so...then a creator of all must exist..and...extraterrestrial life exists...and...some are so much more technologically advanced which makes them capable of cosmic travel....capable of dna twinking......capable of being our god

Not necessarily so. Note that I said the conditions have to be stable for long enough so that the life forms can progress. The building blocks of life are out there floating around. There are planets with a sea of frozen methane, or ammonia, carbon dioxide, all are the starting blocks of life. All they need is the right conditions.

A planet with liquid water, an atmosphere that contains sufficient oxygen. At the right distance from it's sun and have a magnetosphere. Perhaps a reasonable sized moon in tow as well.

The furtherest we can see across the universe in about 14.5B lightyears. If an organism is 1B lightyears away, it's never going to make it across that distance. Remember that no organism can travel faster than the speed of light.

The nearest system to ours is Alpha Centauri and that is 4.4 Lightyears away. That is in the realm of travelling to and fro. The return trip would be only 8.8yrs. It has a planet but that piece of rock it too hot and has no real atmosphere. Unlikely to harbour life there.

Forget the crap from the Sumerian Texts, no mammal or higher animal can live for even 1000yrs. And none ever have. There is a reason for that:

With humans it's because inside of us our cells are never more than 10yrs old and most are much younger with the exception of our brains, what we start with there is what we finish with less attrition. Everytime a cell dies and is replaced, a tiny mistake is made, so over time in humans those mistakes mount up. We call that "Aging". That's why as we get older our bodies degenerate and we eventually croak. If some-one lived for 1000yrs, they would look like a tiny shrivelled prune!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by X Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:51 am

No organism can travel the speed of light?

so untrue

and will elaborate later

but for physical organisms...its hard...you need to become in a state of light..and the science for this is unfolding now...but man needs more *enlightening* to attain it

can a germ withstand light travel? I would say yes

science is to stable to grasp this at this moment in time...

X

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:09 am

Mr.W wrote:According to the above theory..our universe is teeming with life then....so...then a creator of all must exist..and...extraterrestrial life exists...and...some are so much more technologically advanced which makes them capable of cosmic travel....capable of dna twinking......capable of being our god

To believe all things happened randomly is the furthest from the truth one can get.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:31 am

Forget the crap from the Sumerian Texts, no mammal or higher animal can live for even 1000yrs. And none ever have. There is a reason for that:

Yet some trees can live a 1000yrs and have a higher consciousness than humans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by X Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:48 am

There is a turtle that lives pretty old too...might be a good thread to start

life can live very very long...it just needs a twinking of DNA and an atmosphere of higher oxygen content

X

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:23 am

Faith

Thus, pistis in rhetoric are the elements to induce true judgment through enthymemes, hence to give proof of a statement.[3] There are three modes by which this is employed. The first mode is the "subject matter capable of inducing a state of mind within the audience."[4] The second pistis is the "subject itself considered under an appeal to the intellect or in its logical aspects."[4] The third pistis is the "logical, rational, and intellectual aspect of the issue under discussion."[5] All three modes of pistis occur in logos as it appeals to logical persuasion.[3]

Persuasive Pistis in Greek Rhetoric and Christianity[edit]

Greek rhetoric and Christian faith share a connection through pistis. Christian concepts of faith (pistis) were borrowed from Greek rhetorical notions of pistis.[6] Christian pistis deems its persuasion in a positive light as the New Testament concepts of pistis require that a listener be knowledgeable of the subject matter at issue and thus able to fully assent.[6] Whereas, the Greeks took the notion of pistis as persuasive discourse that was elliptical and concentrated on the "affect and effect rather than on the representation of the truth."[7] The evolution of pistis in Christianity as a persuasive rhetorical technique starkly contrasts with its meaning used by the Greeks.[6]

http://biblehub.com/greek/4102.htm

Faith (4102/pistis) is always a gift from God, and never something that can be produced by people. In short, 4102/pistis ("faith") for the believer is "God's divine persuasion" – and therefore distinct from human belief (confidence), yet involving it.

Faith (4102/pistis) is also used collectively – of all the times God has revealed (given the persuasion of) His will, which includes the full revelation of Scripture

Faith (4102/pistis) is always received from God, and never generated by us.

Ro 12:3: "For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith (4102/pistis)" (NASU).

Gal 5:22,23: "22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,
patience, kindness, goodness, faith (4102/pistis), 23gentleness,
self-control; against such things there is no law."

3. In sum, faith (4102/pistis) is a persuasion from God that we receive as He grants impulse ("divine spark"; cf. the Heb hiphil form of believe, *mn, in a later discussion). Faith is always the work of God and involves hearing His voice – whereby the believer lays hold of His preferred-will (cf. J. Calvin).

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn7 Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:14 am

I have been looking over all of the responses and I must say that it appears everyone has faith in something at some point . VM's post above gives much detail into the subject of faith . I believe the bible but I also believe in other life . I do not accept that a supreme creator did not make our world..our universe . Every detail encoded into the DNA of everything is unique. .programmed ...it did not occur by accident . All the diverse life did not evolve from some toxic sludge ...RNA no it cannot create , it can only recreate what already existed . There is much we will not know until the time comes when we pass from this life but I cannot fathom another one is not beginning . Biblical Archeological discoveries exist that correlate with biblical texts . I may start a thread in regards to that and more .
Marilyn7
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:22 am

Please do!

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:28 am

I second, VM, Marilyn....please do make a thread like that, and I hope you don't mind if I reply there too........as I may see things differently than you, VM and Whitty.

Very Happy
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn7 Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:35 am

I will and please do put your opinions . . I could learn something new and visa versa . ... Smile
Marilyn7
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Post by X Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:37 am

Go for it

X

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:38 am

Agartha wrote:I second, VM, Marilyn....please do make a thread like that, and I hope you don't mind if I reply there too........as I may see things differently than you, VM and Whitty.

Very Happy

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.... lsol

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:46 am

vision-master wrote:
Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.... lsol

hahaha so true!!

Thanks, Marilyn......I agree, we can all learn from each other when we share different opinions.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn7 Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:28 pm

Here are a few tidbits to think about ...
Marilyn7
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:49 pm

Oh dear hanky! Yes there are trees that live longer than 1000yrs but that is not what I said. Go back and take a look. Turtles are reptiles not mammals Mr. W. different metabolic rates. So now we have trees and turtles flying spaceships!!

An organism cannot travel faster then the speed of light nor can a atom. When it reaches that speed it disintegrates in a flash of pure energy. We know that because we have accellerated atoms to that speed and the disintegration happens every time. If you can prove otherwise then publish it and show how you came to that conclusion including the proper experiments you did to quality your conclusion.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next