The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biblical Archaeology ..

+8
Rinoa
Mordae
Rockhopper
Monk (in hiding)
Kaere
Agartha
X
Marilyn7
12 posters

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Biblical Archaeology .. - Page 11 Empty Re: Biblical Archaeology ..

Post by Rockhopper Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Ω wrote:Since when do you control the content of this forum?

Rock you really need professional help. Your narcissistic personality disorder is quite extreme and destructive. Time to address those demons... I'm being very honest with you, no game playing or manipulation.

This is exactly what I mean. Comments like this are totally un-necessary and are just a personal attack.

Why is it that you can't discuss something without attacking the poster and using ad hominems? If you don't like what I post (and I don't need your bloody permission to post) then don't respond - simple. The least you can do is be civil even when you disagree.

You can post whatever you like but I don't have to agree with it and I am civil, at least until you make remarks like the above. You don't know me at all so you are not in any position to make them.

I watched the video you posted and even I could see that it is not Science but I made no personal attacks on you for posting it. Rather the opposite.  I simply pointed out that it is a belief system not based on provable evidence.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by DrunkdoG Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:04 pm

Round and Round...Stop the world and let me off, I'm tired of going round and round...I most pose, If Biblical Archeology is a study of the history of man through the bible among other menas, then why isn't spirituality part of the equation? To rephrase, Rock specifically I challenge your position more here I think, Could that be the part of the equation we are missing in order to make sense of the whole?
DrunkdoG
DrunkdoG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:36 pm

Because Biblical "Archaeology" is based on a belief system DD. It is not based on solid science. There is a big difference.

People come up with all kinds of hypotheses but until they are confirmed by real checks and balances they remain hypotheses.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by DrunkdoG Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:53 pm

Maybe I was not clear enough and failed to convince you to leave your reference frame sorry, and maybe I misunderstand but I thought "bibilical archeology" was a study of archeology which makes that part of it real science, using the bible as a reference? I did not understand that one was trying to perform "archeology" from within the bible...and sir most facts were at one time a hypothesis were they not? Understand I am not sticking up for VM/Omega either, I am simply trying to get one to realize that all of our inherited oral legends turned quasihistorical references must have had a physical reference in reality at some point or no one would have bothered to share it in the first place....
DrunkdoG
DrunkdoG

Back to top Go down

Post by DrunkdoG Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:58 pm

My personal belief system is that the truth lies in the whole or big picture and if we have a chance of discovering said truths we must look at the big picture though it is admittedly and possibly designed to be such that one cannot see the forest through the trees. I discount no ones ideas especially if they can show some historical merit to it, as obviously if I had the answers I would have no need of discussions in the first place. But I understand that one can blind oneself unintentionally as it may be by trying to stay within a box. Throughout our written modern history we have academics constantly changing the dialog to fit "new" facts that they did not see previously from inside of the box, that is the way and mystery of life...
DrunkdoG
DrunkdoG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken McClellan Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Ahh ... the need of a bigger sandbox to play in!
Ken McClellan
Ken McClellan

http://kenmcclellan.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:16 pm

Consciousness comes not from within, but from without.

This is what I was shown......

Biblical Archaeology .. - Page 11 Flat,550x550,075,f

Consciousness is eternal.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:25 pm

DrunkdoG wrote:Maybe I was not clear enough and failed to convince you to leave your reference frame sorry, and maybe I misunderstand but I thought "bibilical archeology" was a study of archeology which makes that part of it real science, using the bible as a reference? I did not understand that one was trying to perform "archeology" from within the bible...and sir most facts were at one time a hypothesis were they not? Understand I am not sticking up for VM/Omega either, I am simply trying to get one to realize that all of our inherited oral legends turned quasihistorical references must have had a physical reference in reality at some point or no one would have bothered to share it in the first place....
Yep they often start with a hypothesis and then proven or disproven by subsequent investigations and even experiments. 

Often most myths are based on facts DD but are embellished over time for a variety of reasons. That means that we need not dismiss them out of hand but to believe them implicitly without fully investigating them is erroneous. Many myths were written about various leaders who were raised to godlike status when in fact they were just human.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken McClellan Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:30 pm

Many myths were written about various leaders who were raised to godlike status when in fact they were just human.

Yes. But that is not the only relevant point to the story. Like scripture, the myths bear looking into. Like a Chinese word can have many meanings based on tone and context, if we are paying attention, the myths can tell us one thing astrotheologically, another mystically, another by way of analogy, another by way of moral lesson ... and it is the meaning it provides you that is the important thing. Don't just stop and label the whole experience "ancestor worship." Because if that's all it was, nobody would have passed it along past the grandkids.
Ken McClellan
Ken McClellan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:11 pm

They are looked into Ken. One just needs to remember that more often than not, the myths were handed down by word-of-mouth and weren't written down until much later. By that time a lot more had been added to make the story interesting enough to be passed on.

Some include moral allegories for various reasons. Plato's Atlantis is one of those. An allegory about the evils of greed and avarice. Does that make the story true? Of course it doesn't, bearing in mind that the Greeks were somewhat envious of the Minoans and the latter's success in trade.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken McClellan Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:21 pm

Great example!  Minoan Goddess ... holding a snake in each hand with an owl on her head.  Symbol communicates Virgo/Corvus and a reversal (or at least pole shift) that carries Serpens across the Ecliptic.
Ken McClellan
Ken McClellan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:52 am

How do you now it does Ken? Please enlighten me.

Remember that I have been to Heriklion Museum and have seen the statue for real.

By Greek standards at the time the Minoans were a strong seafaring group of people. So strong in fact that they cleared the eastern Med of pirates from Sicily to Egypt. They were advanced at the time when the Greeks were just shepherds and their advancement was because they were traders, much like the wealthy middlemen today!

The Minoan civilisation was destroyed by the eruption of Thera where they had a a port. That island was devastated by the eruption and so was Crete by the resultant Tsunami. Take a trip to Crete and you will see it all.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:48 am

20. At daybreak. this wonderful, newborn child, God's 'Sun', is ... 'Born Again' Horus is Risen. Even today, when the Sun comes up, we see it on the "Horus-Risen", or "Horizon". His life was also divided into 12 parts or steps across Heaven each day: 12 HORUS = 12 HOURS. This is the origin of the modern " 12 Step Program". Horus is the (new-born) Sun, or the Bringer of the Light. In Latin, Light Bringer is Lucis, or Lucifer, or Luke.

21. But now, what about the evil brother of God's Sun, that old rascally "Prince of Darkness" himself? In the Egyptian, he was called "SET". We are told in the Bible that when God's Sun died, He left the world in the hands of the Evil Prince of Darkness. This evil prince took over the world at "SON-SET".

22. It was generally observed that 'God's Sun' could be depended upon to return in the same manner that he left, namely, "On a Cloud" ..and that "Every eye will see Him" ... Every evening, go out and watch the Sun leave this world "on a cloud". And next morning, watch to see Him return on a cloud. And every eye will see him come again! ... Unless you're blind!

http://www.jordanmaxwell.com/astrotheology.html

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken McClellan Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:49 am

As I said, it's what it means to you that matters. I lived in Greece for three years, but that makes me no more an expert than your stint at Iraklion. My family loved Santorini. I could tell you its date and the attendant date of the first Exodus, but you wouldn't believe me.

However, please regard the Dandaleith Stone or the Inveravon Stones and you will see an Aquila-Serpens reversal across Scutum ... or take a look at the seal found at Gobekli Tepe communicating the same thing. For me, they are plain as day. I mean, I cannot NOT see them. For others, they will remain forever a mystery. The Hurricane God, the War God, is coming. And don't feel compelled to believe that either.
Ken McClellan
Ken McClellan

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:51 am

Notice the NEW Dodges have a cross on the front grill. lsol

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:54 am

The word `elohim is a word that designates a "classification" of beings or entities.  It is like other classification words, i.e., mankind, animals, birds, etc.  It is most often found in the indefinite form `elohim, which we suggest should be translated as "an elohim."  It is also found in the definite form ha-`elohim, which we suggest should be translated as "the elohim."  The reason we are using the transliterated form "elohim," instead of the usual translation "God/god," is because there is a tremendous amount of theological baggage attached to the translation.  We suggest that you build your own "Meaning Profile" for the word.

Our research indicates that the text of the Hebrew Bible neither supports the monotheistic claims of Rabbinic Judaism nor the Trinitarian claims of many sects of Christianity.  Instead, it reveals a history of transition from a world of many "elohims" to the ultimate dominance of Yahweh the elohim of Israel.

I. God, god, gods
II. rulers, judges, angels
III. Pl. intensive - god, goddess

http://www.biblicalheritage.org/Linguistic/HL/1-A/-elohiym.htm

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken McClellan Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:06 am

Well the worst of it was God's sex change. People were SOOOO disappointed in the Extinction Level Event of the Pleistocene Extinctions that they changed their Divinity from an androgenous or perhaps bisexual Entity to a male. Dumped their matriarchal society from where the divine lineage descended through the Mother to Patriarchy and its attendant sexism, war and stupidity.

I suspect alliance to ____ (fill in the blank with today's leading God/Eloha) will be vastly changed by what is again on the horizon. Not that the One who understands the All cares about such a thing any more than a bilingual name change ... lsol.
Ken McClellan
Ken McClellan

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:13 am

Very thought provoking, I don't know what to say?

Edit: have you watched 'Inner Worlds, Outer Worlds'?

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken McClellan Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:27 am

Rockie would say the whole matriarchy thing can't be proven, that it is perfectly absurd.  However, the Sinixt to whom I am related totally by mtDNA were matriarchal until the coming of the White Man in 1825 and we had to go to war against patriarchy ... and lost.  So was Western Society until the explosion of Santorini/Thera.  Then you lose track of the goddesses and find the matriarchs have been dispossessed by their ignoramus husbands.  (Not intended as commentary on Hosea 2.)

Will check out YouTube or perhaps a more direct link, thanks.
Ken McClellan
Ken McClellan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinoa Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:32 am

The bible whether it is true or not, gives people hope and faith, without these the human race would be lost.
Rinoa
Rinoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next