The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Jesus Exist?...

+3
Monk (in hiding)
Rogue
Rockhopper
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Did Jesus Exist?... Empty Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Rockhopper Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:51 am

Watch this and decide for yourselves.

1hour long!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Did Jesus Exist?... Empty Re: Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Rogue Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:37 am

Looks interesting! I will find an hour...  Very Happy 
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:09 am

Did Muhammad Exist?

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:39 am

I haven't watched the video but I seriously doubt Jesus existed... I'm talking about the historical Jesus.

This is why I think he didn't exist, and I repeat: my own personal ideas, not saying it's the truth.

- I don't believe the Bible as proof of historic records.
- All accounts of Jesus from other people not in the Bible were all just hearsay, nobody witnessed his existence.
- The Romans were amazing at keeping records and yet there are no records of a Jesus being executed by Pontius Pilatus.
-  There are no contemporaries writings that mention Jesus (not Jewish, not Roman)....no contemporaries, all written well after his death.

All of the above, to me, it's proof that Jesus was never a real historical figure, but a fictitious one invented to create a new religion.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:59 am

Agartha wrote:I haven't watched the video but I seriously doubt Jesus existed... I'm talking about the historical Jesus.

This is why I think he didn't exist, and I repeat: my own personal ideas, not saying it's the truth.

- I don't believe the Bible as proof of historic records.
- All accounts of Jesus from other people not in the Bible were all just hearsay, nobody witnessed his existence.
- The Romans were amazing at keeping records and yet there are no records of a Jesus being executed by Pontius Pilatus.
-  There are no contemporaries writings that mention Jesus (not Jewish, not Roman)....no contemporaries, all written well after his death.

All of the above, to me, it's proof that Jesus was never a real historical figure, but a fictitious one invented to create a new religion.

I quite agree Ags. There is no evidence that Jesus did exist and plenty of evidence that he didn't.

The original people who were monotheistic were the Yazids and it seems that all the other monotheistic religions copied much of their beliefs from them. Including the Jews. The Jewish name of the Big Fella is 'Yahweh' and the Yazid name is 'Jahved'. The Yazids originated in India about 9000yrs ago.

All the monothestic religions copied their stories from the Yazids.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:48 pm

Jesus exists in the hearts of 100's of millions.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:01 pm

Also, if Jesus didn't exist, why even bring up the subject.

Waiting.............

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:51 pm

vision-master wrote:Jesus exists in the hearts of 100's of millions.

That's faith, my friend............ faith it's a beautiful thing, I also have faith, but in different things.
This is about the real historical figure, which is different.

vision-master wrote:Also, if Jesus didn't exist, why even bring up the subject.

Waiting.............

Rock's OP never said Jesus didn't exist, he said 'watch the video and make up your own mind'.

Nobody can confirm either way anyway......... we are all just stating personal opinions.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:20 am

Agartha wrote:
vision-master wrote:Jesus exists in the hearts of 100's of millions.

That's faith, my friend............ faith it's a beautiful thing, I also have faith, but in different things.
This is about the real historical figure, which is different.

vision-master wrote:Also, if Jesus didn't exist, why even bring up the subject.

Waiting.............

Rock's OP never said Jesus didn't exist, he said 'watch the video and make up your own mind'.

Nobody can confirm either way anyway......... we are all just stating personal opinions.

Who cares, what difference does it make anyways?

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Solace Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:58 am

I didn't watch the vid yet, but my own feelings on this are that Jesus is the same soul as all the other "Greats" of every religion.  I feel this soul keeps coming back as different beings to show us the way again and again.  I do believe he existed. I believe in this being as "Christ consciousness" (no backlash please, i have a headache and am not up for debate, besides, it is just my humble opinion)..  Wink
Solace
Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:20 am

Solace wrote:I didn't watch the vid yet, but my own feelings on this are that Jesus is the same soul as all the other "Greats" of every religion.  I feel this soul keeps coming back as different beings to show us the way again and again.  I do believe he existed. I believe in this being as "Christ consciousness" (no backlash please, i have a headache and am not up for debate, besides, it is just my humble opinion)..  Wink

I love you 

The message, learn to understand or ignore out of ignorance and claim 'self' fake faith. lsol

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Solace Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:23 am

I miss you VM!  I love you 
Solace
Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:44 am

I love you 

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:32 pm

People can and are altruistic without a belief in a supernatural being. To say otherwise is arrogant and self-serving.

People can and do believe in various gods and that is quite okay but when they want to impose their beliefs on others it's not.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Solace Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:31 pm

I agree whole heartedly Tim and hope my post didn't come across otherwise as that was not my intent at all.  I love you 

(i was just popping in and out with my beliefs without judgement of anyone elses)

~scoots~
Solace
Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:51 pm

Rockhopper wrote:People can and are altruistic without a belief in a supernatural being. To say otherwise is arrogant and self-serving.

People can and do believe in various gods and that is quite okay but when they want to impose their beliefs on others it's not.

Tim.

Alleluia, brother!!! lol

They preach about Jesus and call us fakes, and yet they forget the teachings of jesus..........like:

'You see the speck in your brother's eyes, but don't notice the log in yours'.

Solace, no my lovely, your post was sweet and nice and not judgemental at all. ♥♥
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:57 pm

No problem Sol. Your beliefs are okay by me. It was never my intention to negate the beliefs of others.

My OP was to show that there is no evidence that Jesus existed. He is a construct that gives the church leaders power over others.

For VM; yes, Mahomet did exist. He was born in Medina, Saudi Arabia and the records show that.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Solace Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:31 am

Thanks Aggie xx and Tim! (i understand your intent as well) Smile 

Cheers all!
Solace
Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:47 am

Agartha wrote:
Rockhopper wrote:People can and are altruistic without a belief in a supernatural being. To say otherwise is arrogant and self-serving.

Tim.

Alleluia, brother!!! lol

They preach about Jesus and call us fakes, and yet they forget the teachings of jesus..........like:

'You see the speck in your brother's eyes, but don't notice the log in yours'.

Solace, no my lovely, your post was sweet and nice and not judgemental at all. ♥♥

♥♥
Two hearts..... lsol

"Religions are systems of healing for psychic illness. ... That is why patients force the psychotherapist into the role of a priest, and expect and demand of him that he shall free them from their distress. That is why we psychotherapists must occupy ourselves with problems which, strictly speaking, belong to the theologian."
Carl Jung

The faith once delivered to the saints was displaced by a substitute faith disguising itself as medicine or science, but based upon foundations which are in direct contradiction to the Bible

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:05 am

THE GOSPEL OF SELF

One of the most popular themes in psychology is that of self-fulfillment. Although this is an extremely popular theme, it is a theme of recent origin, having arisen only within the past forty years [late-1940s] outside of the Church an in the past twenty years with the Church itself.

As society moved from self-denial to self-fulfillment, a new vocabulary emerged which revealed a new inner attitude and a different view of life. The new vocabulary became the very fabric of a new psychology known as humanistic psychology. Its major focus is self-actualization and its clarion call is self-fulfillment. And self-fulfillment, with all its accompanying self-hyphenated and self-fixated variations such as self-love, self-acceptance, self-esteem, and self-worth, has become the new promised land. Then as the Church became psychologized, the emphasis shifted from God to self.

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Psychology/psych.htm

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next