Did Jesus Exist?...

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Rockhopper on Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:46 pm

Pseudo-psychological babble VM. Nor does it show the jesus existed.

If you have contrary info then publish it and let world know. Please include all the evidence that backs what you say.

Tim.
avatar
Rockhopper

Posts : 4186
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 74
Location : Island Paradise

Back to top Go down

Re: Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:57 am

@Rockhopper wrote:Pseudo-psychological babble VM. Nor does it show the jesus existed.

If you have contrary info then publish it and let world know. Please include all the evidence that backs what you say.

Tim.

Just think Tim, you claim to exist, yet within 100 years you will be long gone and forgotten by all.

Jesus will continue to live on in millions of peoples hearts.  Very Happy 

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Agartha on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:37 am

vision-master wrote:
Just think Tim, you claim to exist, yet within 100 years you will be long gone and forgotten by all.

Jesus will continue to live on in millions of peoples hearts.  Very Happy 

I think organised religion will die out in the next century or so, even though there are billions of christians and muslims in Africa and Asia.

But I think spirituality is on the rise.......an open minded, non judgmental type of spirituality.
avatar
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 12222
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:46 am

@Agartha wrote:
vision-master wrote:
Just think Tim, you claim to exist, yet within 100 years you will be long gone and forgotten by all.

Jesus will continue to live on in millions of peoples hearts.  Very Happy 

I think organised religion will die out in the next century or so, even though there are billions of christians and muslims in Africa and Asia.

But I think spirituality is on the rise.......an open minded, non judgmental type of spirituality.

So organised religion is ok too, non judgmental, eh aggie?

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Agartha on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:49 am

vision-master wrote:
So organised religion is ok too, non judgmental, eh aggie?

Those in organised religions do tend to judge, especially when they find out I used to be a Christian........not everybody, but many.......this is my personal experience and not a nice one.

I don't want people to call me names because I am an agnostic.....
avatar
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 12222
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:53 am

@Agartha wrote:
vision-master wrote:
So organised religion is ok too, non judgmental, eh aggie?

Those in organised religions do tend to judge, especially when they find out I used to be a Christian........not everybody, but many.......this is my personal experience and not a nice one.

I don't want people to call me names because I am an agnostic.....

~clicks away from thread...........  Laughing 

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Agartha on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:34 am

vision-master wrote:
~clicks away from thread...........  Laughing 

hahaha you and me both!!!
 Wink
avatar
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 12222
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Rockhopper on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:00 pm

vision-master wrote:
@Rockhopper wrote:Pseudo-psychological babble VM. Nor does it show the jesus existed.

If you have contrary info then publish it and let world know. Please include all the evidence that backs what you say.

Tim.

Just think Tim, you claim to exist, yet within 100 years you will be long gone and forgotten by all.

Jesus will continue to live on in millions of peoples hearts.  Very Happy 

In 1900 I didn't exist, I was just some atoms and molecules floating around the environment. When I die I will just become more atoms and molecules floating around the environment that's all. Who cares if I will be remembered? I don't.

The myths of jesus was taken from other previous beliefs, most importantly the Yazid, the Mithra, the Zoroasts. There is nothing written by the contemporary writers who were alive at that very time! Everything attributed to him was written many years later.

Tim.
avatar
Rockhopper

Posts : 4186
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 74
Location : Island Paradise

Back to top Go down

Re: Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:01 am

@Rockhopper wrote:
vision-master wrote:
@Rockhopper wrote:Pseudo-psychological babble VM. Nor does it show the jesus existed.

If you have contrary info then publish it and let world know. Please include all the evidence that backs what you say.

Tim.

Just think Tim, you claim to exist, yet within 100 years you will be long gone and forgotten by all.

Jesus will continue to live on in millions of peoples hearts.  Very Happy 

In 1900 I didn't exist, I was just some atoms and molecules floating around the environment. When I die I will just become more atoms and molecules floating around the environment that's all. Who cares if I will be remembered? I don't.

The myths of jesus was taken from other previous beliefs, most importantly the Yazid, the Mithra, the Zoroasts. There is nothing written by the contemporary writers who were alive at that very time! Everything attributed to him was written many years later.

Tim.

So.......?

The story/ message is what's important.


Without God morality is nothing more than chemicals fizzing around in our heads

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Mordae on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:23 am

vision-master wrote:
@Rockhopper wrote:Pseudo-psychological babble VM. Nor does it show the jesus existed.

If you have contrary info then publish it and let world know. Please include all the evidence that backs what you say.

Tim.

Just think Tim, you claim to exist, yet within 100 years you will be long gone and forgotten by all.

Jesus will continue to live on in millions of peoples hearts.  Very Happy 

Just to point out, so do Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy Wink  Laughing 

But in all seriousness, Jesus was (if he existed Wink ) a teacher. Once the lessons (or story/message) have been learned, you normally don't keep hanging around school, the basic idea is to go out into the world to apply those lessons (which seem to be, for the most part, Know thyself, do no harm, and treat others as you would treat yourself) in RL. That's where a lot of it seems to have fallen over, to much mooning over the teacher instead of listening to him.

avatar
Mordae

Posts : 583
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 46
Location : Waikato, NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Rockhopper on Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:30 am

@Mordae wrote:Just to point out, so do Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy Wink  Laughing 

But in all seriousness, Jesus was (if he existed Wink ) a teacher.  Once the lessons (or story/message) have been learned, you normally don't keep hanging around school, the basic idea is to go out into the world to apply those lessons (which seem to be, for the most part, Know thyself, do no harm, and treat others as you would treat yourself) in RL.  That's where a lot of it seems to have fallen over, to much mooning over the teacher instead of listening to him.

Dribbled a bib full there Mordman. That's my view too. All too often jesus is the cause people use to NOT follow the said teachings and used as an excuse to attack others who disagree.

Tim.
avatar
Rockhopper

Posts : 4186
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 74
Location : Island Paradise

Back to top Go down

Re: Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:24 am

(which seem to be, for the most part, Know thyself, do no harm, and treat others as you would treat yourself)

The Atheist version of the 10 Commandments

1 Do not intentionally harm others.
2 Do not, through inaction, allow others to come to harm.
3 Do not take the possessions of another.
4 Do not act with the purpose of hurting another's feelings.
5 Do not take pleasure in the pain of others, even animals.
6 Do not intimidate or bully others.
7 Do not force others to act against their will.
8 Do not withhold information from others that would affect their choices in your favor.
9 Do not lie or deceive others.
10 Do not take advantage of others under duress.

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Agartha on Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:36 pm

I find it really sad that some need commandments to know what's wrong and what's right...... empathy should guide your morals.....
avatar
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 12222
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:41 pm

lol - some people have no empathy, then what?

Right and Wrong sounds like religious teachings......

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Agartha on Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:49 pm

vision-master wrote:lol - some people have no empathy, then what?

Right and Wrong sounds like religious teachings......

Lack of empathy is determining the affairs of the world......... you can't be a good businessman and have empathy at the same time. You wouldn't abuse and kill millions if you had empathy.

Right and wrong is part of life, VM......cause there is right and wrong:  harming others is wrong, helping others is right.
avatar
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 12222
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Marilyn7 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:12 pm

Do I believe that Jesus existed ...Yes I do . Smile
avatar
Marilyn7

Posts : 1808
Join date : 2014-06-19
Age : 44
Location : It's a secret ...Sshhh

Back to top Go down

Re: Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:55 pm

@Agartha wrote:
vision-master wrote:lol - some people have no empathy, then what?

Right and Wrong sounds like religious teachings......

Lack of empathy is determining the affairs of the world......... you can't be a good businessman and have empathy at the same time. You wouldn't abuse and kill millions if you had empathy.

Right and wrong is part of life, VM......cause there is right and wrong:  harming others is wrong, helping others is right.

'Harming others' is a matter of interpretation.

'Right and wrong' is again, matter of interpretation.

'Helping others' is met with scorn, remember what I was shown, shall I explain once again?


----------------------------------------

The Ten Commandments

1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.
3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
6 “You shall not murder.
7 “You shall not commit adultery.
8 “You shall not steal.
9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:55 pm

@Marilyn7 wrote:Do I believe that Jesus existed ...Yes I do .  Smile

Jesus still exists in the hearts of 100's of millions.

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Mordae on Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:16 am

vision-master wrote:(which seem to be, for the most part, Know thyself, do no harm, and treat others as you would treat yourself)

The Atheist version of the 10 Commandments

1  Do not intentionally harm others.
2  Do not, through inaction, allow others to come to harm.
3  Do not take the possessions of another.
4  Do not act with the purpose of hurting another's feelings.
5  Do not take pleasure in the pain of others, even animals.
6  Do not intimidate or bully others.
7  Do not force others to act against their will.
8  Do not withhold information from others that would affect their choices in your favor.
9  Do not lie or deceive others.
10 Do not take advantage of others under duress.

Yeah, you'll find the three basic messages in almost every religious text and even the odd non-religious text Wink
avatar
Mordae

Posts : 583
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 46
Location : Waikato, NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Rockhopper on Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:53 am

@Marilyn7 wrote:Do I believe that Jesus existed ...Yes I do .  Smile

That's fair enough Marilyn, I'm not trying to change your mind.

We are all born with an inate sense of right and wrong, at least most of us are. Psychopaths are not in that class as they were born without a conscience.

As Mordman says, just about every religious text states the same kind of directives.

Just because some-one doesn't believe in religion does not mean that they have no morality, to assume that is pure arrogance. and self-deception. Some Atheists I know are very highly moralistic people. Just the same as some Religious people I know are complete arseholes. A belief in a deity has nothing to do with it.

Tim.
avatar
Rockhopper

Posts : 4186
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 74
Location : Island Paradise

Back to top Go down

Re: Did Jesus Exist?...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum