The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hundreds report seeing UFO

+3
Marilyn7
Monk (in hiding)
Rogue
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hundreds report seeing UFO  Empty Hundreds report seeing UFO

Post by Rogue Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:27 am

Hundreds of people report seeing a UFO over Houston, Texas
AUGUST 20, 2014 9:07PM

Is this a UFO spotted over Houston?

FINALLY, a picture of a UFO that is not a badly photoshopped flying cigar.

And not just one image. Hundreds of people reported seeing a ring of blinking lights in the sky above Houston, Texas, during a lightning storm last week and plenty of them had cameras.

Photographs and videos of the event have been circulating on social media, generating so much interest on social media that the Huffington Post actually ran a poll on “The Texas UFO”.

Hundreds report seeing UFO  237226-65687e66-2817-11e4-aaf4-d11cdeb5504d

Some of the best footage was recorded by Houston musician Andrew Pena, who says he was videoing the spectacular lightning show while driving along the Interstate 45 freeway in the city’s south and didn’t realise what he had until he played it back at home.

The video, which shows a circle of brightly coloured lights moving around in the sky, has been declared both “amazing” and “nothing” by UFO-logists and sceptics alike.
“I think the trick with UFOs is figuring out what else they could be,” Dr. Carolyn Summers, vice president for astronomy at the Houston Museum of Natural Science, told KPRC-TV.

“It’s easy to say that it could be aliens. The more people who see it in different directions, the more likely we are to figure out where it is, what it is, and see if we can explain it.”

Mutual UFO Network chief investigator Fletcher Gray dismissed the object as “no more than light trapped in the side window” of Mr Pena’s car.

The UFO was reportedly hovering less than 20km from the Johnson Space Center, leading others to speculate it could have been NASA testing its latest toy, a “supersonic flying saucer” which was launched from Hawaii on June 28.

The device, officially named Low Density Supersonic Decelerator, imitates the rapid inflation technique of the Hawaiian puffer fish as a way to protect spacecraft during landings.

The aim is to reduce the speed of descending spacecraft, making it easier to land on planets like Mars.

Other theories include a weather balloon, the reflection of a street light, stadium lights and an unmanned drone but so far there has been no official explanation and no word from NASA.
Photo's and Video>> http://www.news.com.au/technology/hundreds-of-people-report-seeing-a-ufo-over-houston-texas/story-e6frfrnr-1227031236832
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Hundreds report seeing UFO  Empty Re: Hundreds report seeing UFO

Post by Rogue Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:27 am

Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:55 am

Space brothers, maybe our masters, our creators?

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn7 Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:19 pm

I read about this and it is an intriguing sighting .
Marilyn7
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:20 pm

A hoax... where is Pena's video? Who are the other photographers?

Also that object has been copied from another hoax: the famous Embu Sao Paolo Brasil, 2011. We did discuss it at the stream, I remember it was proven to be a kite with lights.

Here is a pic of the Brasil one and the Texas so you can see they are one and the same:

Hundreds report seeing UFO  UFOtexas_zps02a4cbc1
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:05 pm

I've never seen one. Sad

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:08 pm

vision-master wrote:I've never seen one. Sad

Me neither, but we may one day, I don't reject the idea....... and only that day I'll believe.

Very Happy
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:19 pm

What if one of your family members seen one, would you believe then?

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:45 pm

vision-master wrote:What if one of your family members seen one, would you believe then?

hahaha it's got to be with my own eyes!!!
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:23 pm

Nor have I. But one has to temper the sightings with a bit of logic.

Why would a being travel zillions of miles across space for millions of years just to appear for a few minutes in the sky on an obscure planet in a more obscure solar system without making some sort of contact?

Remember that the ultimate speed in our Universe is the speed-of-light at 300,000 Km per second. And no solid matter can travel faster than that. One LightYear is the distance light can travel in a year so the distances boggle the mind.

Bear in mind too that we have been broadcasting radio and TV to all and sundry for many years. 'I Love Lucy' has been floating around space since the 1950's and now would have long past Alpha Centauri and even Sirrius and yet there has never been a response! So that says that any "local' planets with advanced life would have detected the signal and responded yet haven't.

No, UFO's are just that: something that is a natural phenomenon that we can't identify yet.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordae Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:42 am

Rock wrote:Nor have I. But one has to temper the sightings with a bit of logic.

Why would a being travel zillions of miles across space for millions of years just to appear for a few minutes in the sky on an obscure planet in a more obscure solar system without making some sort of contact?

Remember that the ultimate speed in our Universe is the speed-of-light at 300,000 Km per second. And no solid matter can travel faster than that. One LightYear is the distance light can travel in a year so the distances boggle the mind.
That's the big question really...Why here?

The most logical reason that comes to mind is that there is something on this rock that is difficult to get elsewhere in the galaxy, or possibly something that can be used to refuel en-route to somewhere else.

The whole Space-Time issue is, at present, something we haven't fully got our heads around.  While it's been hypothesized that it may be theoretically possible to open a wormhole or step "sideways" through dimensions and travel through space-time in the process, we're still a long way from taking any practical steps towards it.  Which may not be a bad thing, really study  
Bear in mind too that we have been broadcasting radio and TV to all and sundry for many years. 'I Love Lucy' has been floating around space since the 1950's and now would have long past Alpha Centauri and even Sirrius and yet there has never been a response! So that says that any "local' planets with advanced life would have detected the signal and responded yet haven't.
Seem to recall something about about a theory that radio signals might degrade down to static once they get past the Oort Cloud ( electro-magnetic interference was the culprit, if I remember right).  It was quite a few years back in passing, so it may have been disproved by now scratch
Mordae
Mordae

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:43 am

Yup Mordman. I started to calculate the mechanics of the Space/time Continuum and my head hurt! scratch So I gave it up! Laughing

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:54 am

Yes, Tim and Mords, why do they want to come here??? Assuming they are so advanced they have created a super cheap way to travel throughout the universe, what do they want here that they cannot find on other planets?? H2O...H...gold....they can all be found in other rocks like ours.

Some have the theory that it was 'us' they want, that we are their creation...... I am yet to see evidence of that, so far most mysteries have been solved by scientific research.

I don't think they are here to attack or save us, they'd have done something already.

So why?

......after much debate with a dear friend of mine, he came to this conclusion (and got told of at the same time! LOL):

Hundreds report seeing UFO  Earthgirlsareeasy_zpsd617e393
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:01 pm

Ah That explains it Ags! lol!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:04 am

Hundreds report seeing UFO  Enhanced-buzz-22209-1410341203-14
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:47 pm

Mordae wrote:
Rock wrote:Nor have I. But one has to temper the sightings with a bit of logic.

That's the big question really...Why here?

The most logical reason that comes to mind is that there is something on this rock that is difficult to get elsewhere in the galaxy, or possibly something that can be used to refuel en-route to somewhere else.

The whole Space-Time issue is, at present, something we haven't fully got our heads around.  While it's been hypothesized that it may be theoretically possible to open a wormhole or step "sideways" through dimensions and travel through space-time in the process, we're still a long way from taking any practical steps towards it.  Which may not be a bad thing, really study  
Seem to recall something about about a theory that radio signals might degrade down to static once they get past the Oort Cloud ( electro-magnetic interference was the culprit, if I remember right).  It was quite a few years back in passing, so it may have been disproved by now scratch

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:52 pm

Yes there are several hypotheses regarding travelling the vast distances of space. Wormholes are one, Warping is another (Star Trek) but to date we haven't been able to actually do that.

The Laws of Physics apply throughout the Universe as we have observed.

Another problem is that the distant star systems that we observe, may well be gone by now because of the time factor.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordae Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:01 pm

Agartha wrote:Yes, Tim and Mords, why do they want to come here??? Assuming they are so advanced they have created a super cheap way to travel throughout the universe, what do they want here that they cannot find on other planets?? H2O...H...gold....they can all be found in other rocks like ours.

Some have the theory that it was 'us' they want, that we are their creation...... I am yet to see evidence of that, so far most mysteries have been solved by scientific research.

I don't think they are here to attack or save us, they'd have done something already.

So why?

......after much debate with a dear friend of mine, he came to this conclusion (and got told of at the same time! LOL):

Hundreds report seeing UFO  Earthgirlsareeasy_zpsd617e393

Evil or Very Mad That may not be all that far off the mark Ag's. About the only thing of quantity here that isn't found in abundance elsewhere in the solar system is protein and chlorophyll (meat and two veges), and there is a vast amount of missing people that are never heard from (or found) again each year (something like a million in the US alone in 2012). Either there are a LOT of serial killers out and about, a lot of people who want to disappear (not all that easy these days) or... Like a Star @ heaven

While the US government may publically deny UFO's exist, it seems strange that the UN has a department dedicated to Alien contact, and I'd hazard a guess that the Pentagon has some defense plans secreted away somewhere as well.

In the greater scheme of things though, while it's an interesting anomoly, would it really change anything if aliens exposed themselves tomorrow (alien in a trenchcoat at the park....ewwww Laughing ), or if was revealed that aliens did have a hand in our creation? IMHO, with the exception of a few circles, I doubt it.

Mordae
Mordae

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:27 am

I have no doubts that there is life out there and that some UFO sightings are not from this planet. I have seen one myself that I could not explain by anything else, not even the lightning balls!

And yes Mords there are an awful lot of people that do disappear for unknown reasons, maybe there is a logical explanation to it (we do know of some cases of people that have been kidnapped and found years and years later), but not all can be explained.

I also had first hand information from somebody I know would not lie about that sort of thing, that there have been very strange things spotted on a US airbase here in the UK.

Maybe we will find out for sure one day, and I hope that day comes soon as I would love to have proof in my lifetime that they are out there.
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:28 am

But another theory of UFO's that is possible, and I have mentioned before, is that they are not from another world/planet/dimension at all. But they are actually humans from the future that have discovered time travel, and have become observers.
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next