Earth 9700 BC

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Earth 9700 BC

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:52 am

Mounting evidence: 12,000 years ago 'we' were an advanced civilization until a huge solar event changed the climate almost overnight and wiped us out.

So, you say the 'great flood' is a myth?

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Earth 9700 BC

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:16 am

What were our ancestors like 10,000 or more years ago? The most common image is one of small nomadic bands endlessly in pursuit of the next meal. Men hunted game while women and children gathered fruits, seeds, roots, shoots, insects, and other edibles.

The height of technology was a finely worked stone knife blade or spear point; nets, baskets, and cordage were also put to good use. Permanent structures were superfluous, for the group never stayed in one place very long. Material goods were sparse as possessions had to be limited to those easily carried. Jewellery (perhaps beads, animal teeth, or shells strung on a cord) and personal decoration (body paint, tattoos) were prized. In colder climates appropriate clothing was fashioned from animal skins. Social institutions were minimal. Not until the Neolithic Revolution, beginning about 10,000 years ago, did agriculture and domestication appear. This in turn allowed permanent settlement, leading to specialisation of labour, the development of crafts (including pottery and metalworking), the building of substantial structures, long-distance trade, and the slow and gradual evolution of complex societies.

None of this happened overnight. It took thousands of years, and it was not until around 4000 to 3000 BCE that true signs of high culture first appeared, such as fine artistry in decorative crafts, written records, scientific observations of the heavens, complex political organisations, and megalithic building projects. This level of achievement was reached in Mesopotamia, the Nile Valley, and the Indus Valley by the beginning of the third millennium BCE. A well-known example is the rise of dynastic Egypt about 3200 to 3100 BCE and the building of the Djoser pyramid circa 2630 BCE. Stonehenge in England dates from the same period.

Although accepted as dogma by many, this nice neat scenario may be completely wrong.

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Earth 9700 BC

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:23 am

rongorongo script...


The plasma event of 9700 B.C. eradicated advanced civilizations and high cultures of the time, and the radiation emanating from the plasma may have affected mental and psychical abilities.

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Earth 9700 BC

Post by Agartha on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:13 am

vision-master wrote:Mounting evidence: 12,000 years ago 'we' were an advanced civilization until a huge solar event changed the climate almost overnight and wiped us out.

So, you say the 'great flood' is a myth?

I do believe the great flood was a myth, yes........I've said it before, but new discoveries are made every day.

VM, what's the mounting evidence?
avatar
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 13024
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: Earth 9700 BC

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:27 am

Göbekli Tepe

Based on radiocarbon analyses, the site goes back to the period of 9000 to 10,000 BCE, and was intentionally buried circa 8000 BCE.7 That is, the site dates back an astounding 10,000 to 12,000 years ago!

This was supposedly the time of the brutish, nomadic, hunters and gatherers who, according to many academics, did not have the technology, governing institutions, or will to build structures such as those found at Göbekli Tepe. Clearly there is a disconnect between what conventional historians and archaeologists have been teaching all these years and the clear evidence on the ground.

As Stanford University archaeologist Ian Hodder commented, Göbekli Tepe is “unbelievably big and amazing, at a ridiculously early date… huge great stones and fantastic, highly refined art… Many people think that it changes everything… It overturns the whole apple cart. All our theories were wrong.”



What happened aggie.....???

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Earth 9700 BC

Post by Agartha on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:46 am

Yes, it does changes everything BUT if they were so advanced, why aren't we finding buildings made from different materials? Why always and only stone?

But, it is a mystery that leaves many questions: who were they? why did they build? why did they leave suddenly and went back to their stone age hunters/gatherers habits for 6000 years??
avatar
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 13024
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: Earth 9700 BC

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:48 am

@Agartha wrote:Yes, it does changes everything BUT if they were so advanced, why aren't we finding buildings made from different materials? Why always and only stone?

But, it is a mystery that leaves many questions: who were they? why did they build? why did they leave suddenly and went back to their stone age hunters/gatherers habits for 6000 years??

Stone lasts forever, our modern day structures will riot away within a few hundred years.

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Earth 9700 BC

Post by Agartha on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:51 am

vision-master wrote:
Stone lasts forever, our modern day structures will riot away within a few hundred years.

Ok, I can agree with that........ but if they were so advanced, were they not able to create a material that would last forever?
avatar
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 13024
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: Earth 9700 BC

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:54 am

@Agartha wrote:
vision-master wrote:
Stone lasts forever, our modern day structures will riot away within a few hundred years.

Ok, I can agree with that........ but if they were so advanced, were they not able to create a material that would last forever?

~ lol

(think I just answered that question)

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Earth 9700 BC

Post by Rockhopper on Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:43 pm

Still flogging that horse VM.

Where is the evidence? If such a civilisation did exist there would be evidence of their technology yet there is none.

9500BC would be at the end of the last ice age and there is nothing to show that a cataclysmic event happened then.

Tim.
avatar
Rockhopper

Posts : 4282
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 74
Location : Island Paradise

Back to top Go down

Re: Earth 9700 BC

Post by Mordae on Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:25 am

Possibly not, if the civilization in question was built on the continental shelves. And the secondary question of course, is have we been looking in the right places?
avatar
Mordae

Posts : 583
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 46
Location : Waikato, NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Earth 9700 BC

Post by Rockhopper on Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:30 am

@Mordae wrote:Possibly not, if the civilization in question was built on the continental shelves.  And the secondary question of course, is have we been looking in the right places?

Yup but we now have mapped all the continental shelves Mordman and found nothing. There is no evidence or even an indication that such a civilisation ever existed.

Tim.
avatar
Rockhopper

Posts : 4282
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 74
Location : Island Paradise

Back to top Go down

Re: Earth 9700 BC

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:49 am

@Rockhopper wrote:Still flogging that horse VM.

Where is the evidence? If such a civilisation did exist there would be evidence of their technology yet there is none.

9500BC would be at the end of the last ice age and there is nothing to show that a cataclysmic event happened then.

Tim.









Last edited by vision-master on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Earth 9700 BC

Post by Rockhopper on Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:36 pm

Semper sumus in excretis
tantum profundum variat

Tim.
avatar
Rockhopper

Posts : 4282
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 74
Location : Island Paradise

Back to top Go down

Re: Earth 9700 BC

Post by Mordae on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:14 am

@Rockhopper wrote:
@Mordae wrote:Possibly not, if the civilization in question was built on the continental shelves.  And the secondary question of course, is have we been looking in the right places?

Yup but we now have mapped all the continental shelves Mordman and found nothing. There is no evidence or even an indication that such a civilisation ever existed.

Tim.

Which is what you'd expect really (unless some of the underwater "megalithic" sites turn out to be actual megaliths). Almost nothing we have built at this point would survive 12,000 years of tidal underwater action and/or the weight of the silt buildup.
avatar
Mordae

Posts : 583
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 46
Location : Waikato, NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Earth 9700 BC

Post by Rockhopper on Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:20 am

There would still be traces Mordman. And to date nothing has been found that indicate such a civilisation existed.

No artefacts, no technology, no nuffin at all.

Tim.
avatar
Rockhopper

Posts : 4282
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 74
Location : Island Paradise

Back to top Go down

Re: Earth 9700 BC

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:19 am

@Mordae wrote:
@Rockhopper wrote:
@Mordae wrote:Possibly not, if the civilization in question was built on the continental shelves.  And the secondary question of course, is have we been looking in the right places?

Yup but we now have mapped all the continental shelves Mordman and found nothing. There is no evidence or even an indication that such a civilisation ever existed.

Tim.

Which is what you'd expect really (unless some of the underwater "megalithic" sites turn out to be actual megaliths). Almost nothing we have built at this point would survive 12,000 years of tidal underwater action and/or the weight of the silt buildup.


Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Earth 9700 BC

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:21 am

@Rockhopper wrote:There would still be traces Mordman. And to date nothing has been found that indicate such a civilisation existed.

No artefacts, no technology, no nuffin at all.

Tim.

Göbekli Tepe

Based on radiocarbon analyses, the site goes back to the period of 9000 to 10,000 BCE, and was intentionally buried circa 8000 BCE.7 That is, the site dates back an astounding 10,000 to 12,000 years ago!


Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Earth 9700 BC

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:57 am

Abrupt end to last ice age?

The Legacy of the Megaflood

"We think this was the largest flood ever to have occurred on our planet," says Patrick Burkhart, a geologist from Slippery Rock University in Slippery Rock, Penn., and one of the researchers who accompanied the LPSA interns. "The scale was almost unearthly, practically impossible to imagine and describe."

The story of this "megaflood" would be fleshed out over the next several decades by a host of researchers, including Baker. Geologists would learn that the waters could have drowned a 40-story skyscraper, making them 20 times deeper than the Hurricane-Katrina-triggered flooding that destroyed swaths of New Orleans and the Gulf coast in 2005. Computer modeling would reveal that in the upper Grand Coulee, water charged over the cliff now called Dry Falls at the highway speed of 65 miles per hour. Dry Falls would be recognized as the largest waterfall to have existed on Earth, carrying 10 times as much water as all modern rivers combined.


http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/megaflood-legacy_prt.htm

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Earth 9700 BC

Post by Rockhopper on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:14 am

As our resident intellectual Whitty puts it so lucidly, eloquently, and eruditely:

"Hogwash, pure hogwash!"

Tim.
avatar
Rockhopper

Posts : 4282
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 74
Location : Island Paradise

Back to top Go down

Re: Earth 9700 BC

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum