The Accident (RPG)

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Accident (RPG)

Post by Rogue on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:58 am

Jimmy is startled by Kath's presence, but thankful that someone else sees it too. Its not just from his bump on the head.

You see it too Katharine. You see it too???

Jimmy is trembling, not that he would admit it. Without thinking he puts an arm around Kath's shoulders. But only for a second.

Stand back Katharine, I'll get closer and draw the curtains. Maybe its drawn by the light...

Jimmy ponders..

...or is it drawn by us  Surprised
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn7 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:15 pm

The moonlight filters in through the large open window bringing with it a slight breeze . Laying on the bed I watch as the sheer curtains dance gently in the moonlight .  Too wound up to sleep I decide a bath might help me relax . Leaving the lights off I stand and start my way across the large room and something catches my eye . I walk to the window and peer out into the darkness . I was certain I had seen something moving out along the rose bushes but whatever it was it was gone now . Lighting a candle I carried it into the bathroom and sat in down on the lip of the large bathtub .Once I had drawn the bath I eased in . My thoughts drifted to the events of the evening and the uneasiness lingered .
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:47 pm

Katharine does as Jimmy tells her and backs up a few steps while he walks towards the window... closer to the... well, to whatever is out there. She calls out but never taking her eyes off Jimmy, ready to help if necessary...

"Mr. Delano?! Get in here please.... Bruce?!! I think it's time you tell us all exactly what is going on."
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:58 pm

(Ice, I hope we've not messed anything up, it's just chatter pretty much until we have more direction on the story and there's no rush on it at all. It's a lot of work and your putting it all together is much appreciated *smiles*. I just thought I'd check.)
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Spacey on Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:10 pm

Ah I'm sorry I missed the start if this, I'll jump in on the next one.

Sorry...carry on...
Spacey

Back to top Go down

Post by IceWendigo on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:52 am

(Kaere: No all is fine, I was busy and I admit its me that's not adjusting to the forum format which is made more challenging by limited coinciding availability.
Spacey or anyone else that would be interested: Technically there's one more spot for a limited time since there is still the last guest which has not been named or described yet)

IceWendigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:09 am

(Its all good Ice, whatever you can manage. Its already been a load of fun. Thanks for all your work)
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by IceWendigo on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:39 am

Rewind:

Bruce calmly signals Mr.Delano to come to him, and they have a brief exchange about the accident or something you cant quite make what they are saying. Then Delano says:

"I dont know what you guys saw outside, but we better keep the doors locked and windows closed for the night. We'll put the business of the will on the ice till tomorrow."

Bruce goes in the Living Room and opens a cabinet.  "hum, Jimmy is it. Here's a selection of liquor, and here are the glasses, if anything suits you you can help yourself while I show the ladies to their rooms. Your room Jimmy is on the second floor, once up turn back to towards the right side of the house and your room is number 3 and the end of the corridor to the left. I'll be back to prepare tea for anyone that wants some, I will bring tea and biscuits in the Living room."

Bruce turns and ask "which one of you ladies is Katharine?" Delano looks in Katharine's direction so Bruce continues and points to a corridor on the right side of the house:
"Katharnie, You are on the ground floor on the right, its the last door to the left at the end of the corridor, the door with the number 1 on it."  

Then looks at Heather and the other guest
"If you will just follow me upstairs"
goes up the stairs
"Heres the main bathroom though there is a water cabinet downstairs. You room is just here"
Heather's room is #2, while the last guest is in #4.

The Last Guest goes to bed, Heather decides to take a bath for much needed relaxation while Jimmy and Katherine are in the Living Room with Delano, Delano tells you Bruce will walk to the village tomorrow to get help to recover George's body and take care of things related to the accident while he will review with you and the other guests the distribution of art items and other will related preparations.

That's when Jimmy is startled by something he saw in the window. Bruce is probably in the Kitchen by now preparing tea.

Delano:

"What did you just see? Is it the same thing you saw back there? I admit I cant say I really saw what it is we were all running from. I just heard strange breathing and thought we were running from a bear or something"

Then Delano walks up to Jimmy and whispers something
Katharine overhears "maid" "not to alarm" something

Last edited by IceWendigo on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
IceWendigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:58 am

Jimmy ponders Delano's question. He questions even himself and what he has seen and heard. Jimmy tries to explain

I think I heard something in the woods. It was like a humm or a low, deep buzzing sound. I'm just not sure.

When I came into the living room and looked out the window, I saw something hovering close to the window in the darkness and then it disappeared. Then I draw the curtains. It was bigger than a humming bird and really didnt look like any sort of bird anyway... it was a ...thing ...a flying thing ...like an insect or .........god knows what it was! It scared the crap outa me!
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by IceWendigo on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:09 am

Delano
"Thank god the windows are closed"
As he says this you notice the big fireplace at the end of the living room.
IceWendigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:10 am

Delano wrote:

..walks up to Jimmy and whispers something
Katharine overhears "maid" "not to alarm" something

Jimmy listens intently but can't help showing his shock. He whispers back..

..missing  ...outside?
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:13 am

Thats a beauty big fireplace. Hope nothing can come down through there!

Jimmy is starting to freak out
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by IceWendigo on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:48 am

Katharine:
You pretend to look at books in a narrow library with old books while discretely focusing on what Delano is whispering to Jimmy and you hear Jimmy say
"missing" "outside?"
but as you are about to turn around you notice a piece of paper emerging from the pages of one of the old books.
IceWendigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:12 am

(I didn't mean to put pressure on or anything, whoops... I think this kind of game will take quite a bit of time and evolve along the way. Smile)
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn7 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:58 am

I emerge from the bathroom and peek down the hall . I should get dressed but I hear voices downstairs and in my towel I walk to the edge of the stairs and try to listen . The soft click of a door latch catches my attention and I turn around . It must have been the wind I decide and I walk to my room to get dressed . After a few minutes I make my way downstairs .
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:42 pm

Katharine's head is reeling... she stands in front of the bookcase but nothing is really registering. Could the old woman have been the maid? Her hands start to shake and she reaches out to touch something, anything to make them be still. She notices a piece of paper, out of place among the pages of an old book. As she begins to remove the book from the shelf, she says absentmindedly out loud...

"Perhaps someone could start a fire in the fireplace? If there's something out there flying about or watching the house, it likely doesn't enjoy smoke". She glances up at the two men, "Likely wouldn't want to come down a hot chimney either".

She takes the book and settles down on the nearest sofa, places the book on her knees and opens the creaking binding, the pages fluttering. She takes the loose piece of paper in her hand and begins to study the weathered writing.

"Mr. Delano?"

Katharine looks up at the two men again and asks...

"Do you read Latin?"
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by IceWendigo on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:23 pm

The book's title is "From Northern Forests to Southern Jungles" By Anthropology professor Edmond Gibbons. It appears to cover ancient viking tribes and lost mesoamerican civilizations.

The page where the piece of paper was inserted contains these excepts:

~
In the last segment of my central american journey, i lived among an isolated tribe rumored to know the location of the burried temple. I befriended the village elder who eventually explained their reticence to divulge the temple's location.

Ancient legends, resembling in some ways the legends of the dark druids of Storstrom, talked about the tribe that once worshiped a Demon god within the temple's walls, deep in the jungle.  Beyond the practice of human sacrifices, and the uncanny similarities between this Demon God and the Elder Entity worshiped by the druids of Storstrom, they also beleived shooting stars were an omen of demonic activity. I was also told about legends similar to the legends of the druidic Demon Seed. This demonic relic was beilved to be a focus for strange sorcery. It could be used to conjure deadly flying disease spirits or demons called the Morthmoths. The Demon Seed was also key to facilitate a horrid reincarnation ceremony that would enable a priest to be reborn in a new body.

~

The paper inserted contains hand written note reading something like:

~
Stygian Temple
Reincarnation, a reference to the Assimilate Other ritual?
Demon Seed facilitates
~

Delano:
"Latin, im afraid I have forgotten what little i learned years ago. Mr Galbraith was familiar with a couple of ancient languages i think. He even knew an ancient Norse and an old Islandic dialect. The shield and the pair of bronze axes over there on the wall beside the fireplace are refurbished viking relics recovered from a glacier on one of his expeditions i think."
IceWendigo

Back to top Go down

Post by IceWendigo on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:42 pm

Heather:
While in the bathroom you searched for bathbubble soap. You noticed the place was quite clean, and that all bathroom products were natural herbal variant rather than the typical name brands you see in at the super market. You also noticed there was no medication at a glance. So curious, you examined more closely, and searched a bit and didnt find any pharmacy ointment, or prescriptions for mr Galbraith. You knew he was quite fit for a man his age so maybe he didnt have any prescriptions. You also found feminine pad products under the sink. You did not see any hair brush.
IceWendigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn7 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:08 pm

After stumbling onto the feminine products I wondered who they could be for and decided maybe there was much more to Mr.G than I knew . As I descend the stairs I am braiding my hair into a single loose braid . The faint scent of Lavender lingers on my skin . I notice Katherine reading what appears to be a very old book and a fire licking the logs in the fireplace ."Whatcha reading Katherine I just love old books ?" I look around the room and notice the bronze axes hanging on the wall . I sit down next to her on the couch and look at the loose page she is reading .

Last edited by Marilyn7 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn7 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:19 pm

"Bruce , do you happen to have any honey in the house I could use a bit for the cut on my head and I think others may need a bit too ?" I look back at the book and as I read my heart starts to pound . I stand up and walk to the fireplace to calm the chill that had run up my spine . I was worried about what I had gotten myself into and then looking again at the axes I was slightly comforted they were there .
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top