The Accident (RPG)

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Accident (RPG)

Post by Kaere on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:33 am

Kat tries to slide a heavy bench in front of the door, concerned it's going to give way before they can sort out what's going on. She looks up at Jimmy and moves quickly to his side as his knees start to buckle...

"Okay you... back into the living room"... they stumble down the corridor, into the living room, and he half collapses onto a couch.

He doesn't remember... Kat is very concerned and snatches the book off the table where Heather left it. She starts reading, flipping through pages urgently, a sense of panic beginning to rise. She's looking for something, anything more to tell them what's happening or what to do.

"Your what is what? Really, that's... umm... sorry, what?"

She's a little distracted.
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn7 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:17 am

I am suddenly sorry for watching all the zombie movies and as Katherine looks over the book I run upstairs to wake up everyone else .
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Post by IceWendigo on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:34 am

Old Lady: You feel the heavy door shake with every blow, that's no longer an old lady, that ravenous thing is quite strong and looks like its either dangerous or contagious or both.

Jimmy: You hear the door and think it can probably hold for a while, there might not be an immediate need to barricade it with furniture, but if the lady zombie thing pounds all night at some point the door might brake down. You also feel vulnerable, a big kitchen knife, a fireplace poking bar or a Viking axe might feel better than nothing.

Book(Katharine): You quickly browse the book and at a glance there doesnt seem to be any other plain references about the things buzzing in the forest or this fungal zombie thing and deduce whoever bookmarked the page you read in the anthropology book (maybe Galbraith since he visited both South America and Northern Europe), recognized aspects he knew about from another reference, and that there might be another book with information or other clues somewhere in the mansion. This said there are excepts in the first part of the books about dark druidic cults that performed human sacrifices, that could conjure or banish demons from the forest, and perform Reincarnation rituals that required a human to be sacrificed. In any case you quickly ascertain the book does not appear to cover any woods in North America or the mansion.

Heather:
As you are about to run up the stairs you do a quick peek in the rooms downstairs, you open the door to the maid's bedroom and no ones there, the room is in disarray with drawers half open, you then run up the stairs, and get the last guess who decides to close the bedroom door to hide within, Delano who appears upset and insecure at hearing the door, he goes down, Bruce comes down the stairs with a serious face . Delano looks in the peephole and hold back a scream and jumps back "What the... How did this happen?" and then runs up the stairs. Bruce looks stays calm and ponders, then looks back for a second look with each hand on the wooden door as if to brace it and hold it. He ponders, mumbles something, and looks back in the peephole, then steps back. The pounding stops. Then he looks at Jimmy and Heather with his index in front of his mouth and waves his hand in a way that means something like dont make noises or move slowly. He whispers "that thing has no eyes, I think, it might have other senses, try to move slowly, lets avoid making noises." He then goes back upstairs walking slowly.

Last edited by IceWendigo on Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
IceWendigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn7 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:01 am

I back up slowly and watch the door . Suddenly I know this creature on the other side of the door . The maid... but it's not the maid anymore . A shiver grabs me and I lean against the wall to steady myself . Could this be what I heard the locals discussing in hushed voices . I figured at the time they meant something like the flue not whatever this is . I started slowly up the steps and once at the top I heard Bruce and Delano whispering . I walked into the room and up to Delano and slapped him . Eyes wild I stepped right up to his face and whispered ..."You braught us here you bast*** and your responsible for whatever happens from here on out ". I turn to face Bruce and he takes a step back . "Bruce ..what do we do , do you have a weapons here ?" . Before he can answer I hear a noise downstairs .
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue on Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:14 am

Jimmy yanks the Viking Axe from the wall. Jimmy is a man possessed. The force he has exerted causes the axe to hit hard against the ground. He picks it up and moves toward the door. Jimmy stops about 6 feet from the thumping front door. He spreads his strong legs and appears to stand guard, frozen, staring toward the door. Axe across his beating chest.
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn7 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:34 am

I go slowly down the stairs and see Jimmy . I had almost gotten one of the axes myself but I was afraid . I felt some relief that Jimmy was guarding the dood but also an uneasiness because he had felt sick earlier . I whispered to him ,"Jimmy are you ok ?"
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:28 pm

"He's okay... sorta". A few things have just twigged in Kat's mind, dots connected, and switches flipped.

"He's a Viking".

The air around Jimmy was shimmering and Kat could see him standing there but overlayed with someone, or something, else. Yes, there it is again... she squints her eyes to make it out more clearly... a brute of a figure, strong and resolute, and entirely focused on his enemy.

"I heard you slap Mr. Delano upstairs", Kat says to Heather. "I'm not so sure he's the only one we need to be cautious of. After all, he was acting under orders, executing Mr. Galbraith's will. Bruce is very calm about this all, almost like he's expected it. He knows much more than he's telling us, they both know more than what they're telling us. Be cautious."

Kat is thinking about all the things surrounding them... the maid's room having been rifled through, who's been looking for something? I don't think the bathroom was Mr. Galbraith's bathroom at all, I think it was the maid's domain... why the expensive toiletries? Were they gifts or was she being 'seasoned', made into prey?... Bruce did say that the fungussy creature outside may have other senses beyond it's eyes... has it been 'smelling' us?

Dark rituals and sacrifices... we need to explore this house and quickly.

Kat quickly expresses her thoughts to Heather and asks "Shall we explore the attic or the basement first? We should make sure the house is secure in all ways and perhaps... perhaps have a look for some fungicide or insecticide or something? Or a baseball bat or three haha".

Kat finds that her eyes are seeking out Jimmy as he stands his guard against the evil creatures outside... she realizes that he's glowing and his eyes are burning with purpose. It's almost hard to take her eyes off him...
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by IceWendigo on Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:41 pm

(The creature has retreated back into the darkness and is no longer hitting the door. The night is silent)
IceWendigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn7 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:35 pm

"Yes Kat lets see what we can find . It would be my great pleasure to start in the attic and work our way down but something tells me the basement is the key" ..shivers . To see Jimmy there now..Kats explanation makes perfect sense . If I wasn't so scared I would be in utter awe . At that moment I am so thankful to have Katherine and Jimmy there .
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:16 pm

Well thankfully that thing seems to have moved on. I'll be happier when the sun starts to come up.

Jimmy relaxes from his steely stance, and puts the axe down against the side table, just close enough to the door should he need it in a hurry.

Jimmy turns and walks toward the girls.

Okay guys what the hec are we going to do? Shall the three of us go exploring?
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:27 pm

Yeah, no... yes, to the basement!

Kat tries to make her feet move in the right direction but her lack of enthusiasm is quite telling.
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:06 pm

"Okay"... Kat takes a deep breath... and lets it out again.

Let's try again... Kat stands at the basement door, reaches her hand out slowly towards the doorknob... grasps it, and turns... she quickly pushes the door open. A foul smell rises up the stairs...

"Oh god"... her voice shakes... "ohgodohgodohgod"...

Kat reaches behind her, fumbling until her hand slips into Jimmy's. A little borrowed bravery never hurt anyone. She slowly runs her hand along the wall just at the top of the basement stairs, looking for the light switch. Found it!!

*flick*

The ensuing darkness is deafening...

...just how many eccentric millionaires does it take to change a light bulb?!
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue on Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:46 am

Geez typical isn't it!

Jimmy gives Kath a reassuring rub on her shoulder..

I think maybe we shouldn't risk going down any further.

What the hec is that smell!! eewwww...
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by IceWendigo on Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:01 am

The basement appears to be mostly used as a storage area, there's what appears to be paintings covered by a sheet, a box with white bottles, a few dusty boxes, a clean sports bag, dusty shelves with books, a small wooden box. The walls are plain concrete walls except one which is made of old grey barn wood planks.
IceWendigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:24 am

"We have to do this... are you coming with me?"

Kat takes out her zippo and lights the way down the stairs. Eugh, what a stench... she covers her nose and mouth with her sleeve. She sees some candles on a shelf along with some bottles of water and some canned food. She lights the candles for light and looks around.

Books! More books... will have to look through but they're still covered in dust and likely haven't been disturbed in a long time. She's quite interested in what's in the wooden box and in the white bottles... and the sports bag.

She walks over to the odd wall with the wooden planks to examine it. That makes no sense, wooden planks could never be a strong enough foundation for a mansion like this, they must be cosmestic... but why, what are they hiding?
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn7 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:20 am

I look around the room and wonders about the wooden box . The white bottles make me uneasy and I take a few steps towards the stairs . "Ok guys , you look down here I'm going to Bruces room I want to see if he will tell me what is going on here ." I don't wait for a response to start my ascent out of the basement . I don't want to be down there if one of them opens one of those bottles ..........
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:56 pm

Kat is having quite a close look at the planking on the one wall... it could be her imagination but she fancies she can feel a breeze coming through *shivers*

The books on the shelves appear to have been there for a very long time, the dust laying thickly on them... wait, there's a spot here where it looks like a book was removed... and the dust on the one next to it has been disturbed.

It's getting creepier and creepier in the basement and she wants out... so she takes ahold of the sports bag, the small wooden box and the disturbed book and asks Jimmy to carry the box with the white bottles... and they practically run back up the stairs to the next floor, slamming the door shut behind them.

"Let's take these into the living room for a closer look, and then we can search the attic and other rooms. I believe I saw a butler's room and other bedrooms upstairs."
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue on Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:26 am

Jimmy looks back, stops a moment, and then puts the box of white bottles gently down on the floor and walks back to the planked wall. He taps on the wall. It sounds.. well not solid, like a false wall. He pounds his strong fist on it and it shows some give. He looks around for something... like maybe a claw hammer or a crowbar. Theres nothing! Jimmy can't take the putrid smell any longer. He's sure it coming from behind the planks. What are the planks hiding?

Jimmy picks up the box of white bottles and runs up the stairs, two steps at a time..

Hang on girls.. I'm right behind you. Lets lock this dungeon up good and tight.
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn7 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:47 pm

Bruce was not in his room or upstairs unless he was in the master bedroom of to which the door was locked . By the time I got back downstairs Katherine and Jimmy had come back up from the basement . I felt bad running off and leaving them down there but my stomach could not handle the smell and it gave me the creeps . "Guys , please don't open those bottles . In town I overheard people talking about some weird illness and until we find out what's going on I think it is a very bad idea . I didn't mention it before because I didn't think it was of a concern to us but after everything , I'm not so sure anymore ". I walk over to the fireplace and poke the logs with the firepoker .
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Post by IceWendigo on Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:45 pm

Jimmy: As you touched the wood planks they appeared to move a bit, they are not fixed, but you can slide the central part of that wall top to bottom aside, revealing a locked door.

Kat: The white bottles in the box are bleach for laundry. The sport bag contains cloth, a couple bottles of Chloroform, 5 ropes. The small wooden box contains a key.
IceWendigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top