The Accident (RPG)

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Accident (RPG)

Post by Kaere on Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:52 am

Kat's adrenaline is pumping as she looks into the sports bag... what kind of twisted situation have they gotten themselves into? She holds the bag open for the others to have a look... ropes, chloroform, cloths. Is this meant to subdue a victim or a creature? Victim probably... sacrifice. The idea of being sacrificed is horrific enough but perhaps the idea of whatever needs to be appeased is worse *shudders*

Bleach? That's a lot of bleach for doing laundry... or probably just enough to clean up any evidence.

Kat fumbles with the wooden box and finds a key... she mentions it to the others and slips it into her jeans pocket.

"I dunno... what do you think everyone? Should we go back down into the basement to investigate behind the planks of wood? Or check out the rest of the house first? Jimmy... ummm... would you mind bringing your axe along?! I can't lift the dang thing to save my life... okay, poor choice of words."
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue on Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:06 am

Okay, I reckon we have another look at that planked wall in the basement, it just seems odd to me. Lets get those candles and... i know you both don't want to.. but you have to admit something was just not right there..

Jimmy makes his way down the steps to the basement. He hopes someone will follow him, but he's determined now and nothing will stop him clearing his curosity. Jimmy's solid frame becomes child-like as he stumbles down the steps in the dark, he rubs his hand along the shelf and his fingers find the waxy smooth surface of the candles. He picks one up and realises he doesn't have the lighter.

pfft... bugger!

Suddenly next to him a lighter flicks and Jimmy jumps in shock.

F***!!! oh sorry, thanks I didn't think anyone had come down with me.

Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:25 am

*chuckles*

Yes, well...
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue on Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:37 am

Oh Kath, great! ..you scared the beegeesus out of me.

Jimmy laughs in relief. He feels a certain comfort with Kath alongside him. He feels a slight warmth of her breath touching his cheek. And then in the light it is gone.

How about you stay about here and light a couple of candles and I'll have a closer look at the wall...

Jimmy cautiously moves toward the wall, as though it may come alive or surprise him. The flickering candles make eerie flickers and movement that makes him just a little uneasy.

Jimmy prods and thumps and pushes the wall...

OMG!! Kath!!! Look!! It slides in the middle here..

Jimmy slides the middle section of the wall aside, and reveals another door. He rattles the door knob... nothing!! Its locked! ...and that smell is hitting Jimmy again.

Kath it's locked. This door is locked! You haven't seen a key have you? Maybe Bruce would have some keys...?

Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:53 am

"I told you I found a key... take it, you can have the honours." Kat moves forward and places the key in Jimmy's hand. She stays behind him, a hand resting on his arm and peering around. She moves the lit candle out towards the lock, more light seems like a good idea.
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn7 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:25 am

I walk down the basement steps and stop just short of the landing . "Guys I have a bad feeling about this "
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:28 am

"... yup.... but it's better than sitting upstairs waiting to be nommed."

Oh! Kat runs back up and comes back down with the Viking axes and the shield too, quick as a wink, just like that.
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn7 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:38 am

Lol ..feeling a bit safer now that the axes are with us I walk over to Kat and Jimmy . "This smell is going to make me sick ".
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:40 am

Jimmy slowly puts the key into the lock, at first it doesn't move... then clank.. clank.. the key turns. Jimmy feels the door has loosened, he tentatively pulls the doorknob toward him... there is just a little tremble in Jimmy's clasp of the doorknob.. he, almost reluctantly, pulls open the door just a little. Suddenly a rush of air envelops the basement.. the candles all flicker gasping for life in the putrid air, they die... darkness engulfs the tense air of the basement...

Quick, guys some light ple...

Last edited by Rogue on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:41 am

*flick*

...and there was light...
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:49 am

Jimmy has a flashback to an old comic he read as a child... it's memory had always stayed with him.. scared him...
Don't look now..:

Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn7 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:53 am

The moment the candles had blown out I practically jumped on top of Jimmy . "Sorry Jimmy" I backed away from him feeling silly now in the light . Pulling my shirt up to cover my nose and mouth , I could smell the faint hint of lavender and it helped a bit .
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn7 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:04 am

There just beyond the light I thought I saw something move .  Before the thought even registered I was climbing the steps out of the basement two at a time . I ran over to the fireplace and grabbed the poker and just as my hand curled around the handle a loud ~thump  drifted up from the basement.
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:06 am

Thats okay Heather, we're all a bit jumpy.

Jimmy checks the front of his shirt. He's lost a button when Heather jumped him... revealing tanned and muscular pecs. Jimmy pulls the shirt together, modest as he is. He turns and looks towards the barely open door...

He shudders as he considers opening the door a little further...

Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:16 am

(LOL!)

Kat is suddenly feeling like she should be giving up some space for others to get to know each other better. She considerately moves to the side and perches herself on a dusty box, and begins to examine the runic markings on the Viking shield. Funnily enough, she didn't learn runes at university, but had studied them since she was a child, dabbling in the esoteric arts. A protection spell lays on the surface of the shield but none she's ever seen before... very powerful warding... what might happen if she presses gentle fingers against these two in particular?...
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:29 am

@Rogue wrote:
Jimmy has a flashback to an old comic he read as a child... it's memory had always stayed with him.. scared him...
Don't look now..:

Hehehe...
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:39 am

Jimmy realises the girls have both left him, Heather up the stairs again, and Kath to the back corner of the basement. Jimmy releases his grip on the door and recoils backwards. What has happened with the girls? Did they see my tattoo? Jimmy blushes to himself and dreads what they may be thinking...

Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:44 am

"I thought you were busy is all", Kat says out loud. Ooops, maybe she shouldn't give it away that sometimes she can read others thoughts. "I'm not that far, you're still in the circle of light from my candle".

She wonders if maybe in this crazy weird house they can read her thoughts too... I hope they don't know all my thoughts... like everything she notices about people, markings and smiles, those glances that last just a split second too long... and how Jimmy definitely doesn't smell like lavender... and she smiles to herself.
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by IceWendigo on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:19 pm

The door unlocks and opens into some sort of laboratory. One shelf holds Jars of liquid that contain small animals, strange mushrooms and organs suspended in yellowish or greenish liquids. Another shelf contains jars with flowers or powders. On a desk are 3 jars, 2 of them contain a something like organic ooze and one contains something that looks like a pile of plant parts. At a glace it appears to be composed of of pine cone with leaves and a flower and some small twigs.
Close examination of this Jar:
Your hairs rise with a shiver as you realize that the pile of plant parts is in fact a strange wasp like alien insect creature, almost the size of a hand, the head looks halfway between a flower and a sea anemone with many small tentacles, its wings look like tree leaves, its abdomen looks like a pine cone and its legs look like thorny twigs.

Top Drawer:
Contains pincers, a syringe with several vials or green liquid

Bottom Drawer:
contains a book: Galbraith's Journal
Excerpts from Ernest Galbraith's Journal.
====
March, 15th
The demonic Stygian serum that has magnified my vitality over all these years is starting to loose its potency. I need more frequent doses, monthly doses now barely suffice. I have discovered that the serum violently reacts in the presence of certain chemicals.

May 4th
I have finally obtained the Demon Seed. It may prove invaluable for the Assimilate Other ritual.

June 21st
I have experimented with a Stygian specimen to confirm what I suspected. Bleach causes demonic Stygian flesh to dissolve. It might have been useful as a protective measure to repel uncontrollable demons. Unfortunately exposition to mere vapors from the bleach during the experiments caused my skin to react. I have developed painful rashes and my skin is almost burned. I cant seek medical assistance from an hospital obviously. I was fortunate to discover this by accident with a sample instead of experiencing it myself. I have instructed Cecilia to avoid using any bleach henceforth.

July 18th
As the time draws near, I fear the Assimilate Other ceremony could be jeopardized if only one sacrifice is offered. The Walker in the Other Wood's hunger must be appeased while I consume and absorb my victim, otherwise the Demon God could devour us both. I shall instruct Delano to find two more guests.

August 11th
Delano is preparing the legal documents that will ensure that the selected victim that I will consume during the Assimilate Other ritual, my newly rejuvenated skin and identity, inherits the Estate.
IceWendigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:07 am

(this is going to take some thought! will write more later)

Kat looks around her in horror and shudders as she realizes exactly why she's been invited...
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top