The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2014 to be the Third Hottest Year?

+5
Kaere
Stirky
Monk (in hiding)
Agartha
Rockhopper
9 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

2014 to be the Third Hottest Year? - Page 5 Empty Re: 2014 to be the Third Hottest Year?

Post by Rockhopper Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:29 pm

Agreed Ka.

Tim.

Last edited by Rockhopper on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

2014 to be the Third Hottest Year? - Page 5 Empty Re: 2014 to be the Third Hottest Year?

Post by Rockhopper Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:33 pm

2014 to be the Third Hottest Year? - Page 5 1975201_461800597284309_7035291477979682177_n-560x412

Remember every scientific paper and report has to go through the critical scrutiny of other experts -PEER REVIEW.
Scientific authors are required to take reviewers comments and criticisms seriously and to fix any mistakes that may have been found. It is the foundation ethic of scientific work: no claim can be considered valid -- not even potentiallyvalid -- until it has passed peer review.

Could you please point me to where Ken Stewart has published a peer reviewed report? What are his qualifications?
Who actually finances him? I can't find a single thing in any of the recognised scientific magazines regarding his work.

I am reminded of the words by Bertrand Russell; "The problem with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent have their doubts."

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:54 am

Kaere wrote:I think perhaps everyone would get along much better if remarks remained restricted to the topic at hand and not aimed at each other.

The only way one can get along with a narcissist is to agree with them and let them control you. Otherwise ignore them completely...

Well rock?

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:56 am

Rockhopper wrote:2014 to be the Third Hottest Year? - Page 5 1975201_461800597284309_7035291477979682177_n-560x412

Remember every scientific paper and report has to go through the critical scrutiny of other experts -PEER REVIEW.
Scientific authors are required to take reviewers comments and criticisms seriously and to fix any mistakes that may have been found. It is the foundation ethic of scientific work: no claim can be considered valid -- not even potentiallyvalid -- until it has passed peer review.

Could you please point me to where Ken Stewart has published a peer reviewed report? What are his qualifications?
Who actually finances him? I can't find a single thing in any of the recognised scientific magazines regarding his work.

I am reminded of the words by Bertrand Russell; "The problem with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent have their doubts."

Tim.

vm
Remember r, I agree with the term 'climate change'.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:25 am

vision-master wrote:
Kaere wrote:I think perhaps everyone would get along much better if remarks remained restricted to the topic at hand and not aimed at each other.

The only way one can get along with a narcissist is to agree with them and let them control you. Otherwise ignore them completely...

Well rock?

VM, just because someone disagrees with you does not make them a narcissist. And truth be told, you give just as good as you get.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:32 am

Kaere wrote:
vision-master wrote:

Well rock?

VM, just because someone disagrees with you does not make them a narcissist. And truth be told, you give just as good as you get.

There is no argument, it's a one sided rant from r, Furthermore, r is an extreme narcissist and they are not nice people.

You have your resident energy vampire on site, they are slick, really slick, enjoy. I love you

Personally I have zero tolerance for these manipulators.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:40 pm

VM< do you have a degree in psychology/psycho-analysis? If not then calling other members this or that is just name calling, and is un-constructive. It has been under such studiers of the human psyche that Politicians/corporations and others in charge are indeed showing signs of being such. That is from actual people with degrees in those fields. Please, by all means, find a more constructive way to spend your energy when you post things.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:04 pm

Lenzabi wrote:VM< do you have a degree in psychology/psycho-analysis? If not then calling other members this or that is just name calling, and is un-constructive. It has been under such studiers of the human psyche that Politicians/corporations and others in charge are indeed showing signs of being such. That is from actual people with degrees in those fields. Please, by all means, find a more constructive way to spend your energy when you post things.

Or maybe do what any sane person does when dealing with an extreme narcissist, run for the hills and don't look back.  lsol

What do you think Lenzabi?

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:36 pm

vision-master wrote:
Lenzabi wrote:VM< do you have a degree in psychology/psycho-analysis? If not then calling other members this or that is just name calling, and is un-constructive. It has been under such studiers of the human psyche that Politicians/corporations and others in charge are indeed showing signs of being such. That is from actual people with degrees in those fields. Please, by all means, find a more constructive way to spend your energy when you post things.

Or maybe do what any sane person does when dealing with an extreme narcissist, run for the hills and don't look back.  lsol

I think you are a bit too liberal in using the word, LOL.

I lived with a Narcisistic Psychopath so I can tell the difference from field experience.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:42 pm

Lenzabi wrote:
vision-master wrote:

I think you are a bit too liberal in using the word, LOL.

I lived with a Narcisistic Psychopath so I can tell the difference from field experience.

Laughing fun stuff, eh.

Well let's see what happens when 'voicing' my opinions on subjects like 'global warming'.

We both know the answer, ha!

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:46 pm

FYI, it's so fricken hot here today, after eating my soup, I am covered in sweat. Time for a cold shower............Tomorrow the high is going to be 68F and sunny. Very Happy

Lenzabi, get in the water, pool, lake, whatever and start swimming everyday. Start working that aching body.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:13 pm

vision-master wrote:Laughing fun stuff, eh.

Well let's see what happens when 'voicing' my opinions on subjects like 'global warming'.

We both know the answer, ha!

Don't be so childish VM, it's un-becoming!

You are entitled to your opinions but when I ask you to back it up properly and scientifically you cherry-pick the data or resort to personal attacks.

Yes, there is a pause in the warming trend right now because the excess heat is going into the oceans.
We know exactly how much energy is incoming from the sun (1.65Kw/sq.m) and it is constant (not increasing) and we are constantly measuring the heat energy leaving the surface of the planet. That reflective heat is steadily reducing why is that? What is stopping the earth from radiating the excess heat back into space? I would like your opinion on the reason for that In your own words please!

The general temperatures from around the world have been recorded since 1850 and the trend is upward! Please explain that anomaly! It is not coming from the sun.

Furthermore, we also know how much CO2 is coming from the burning of fossil fuels because the carbon has a different isotopic footprint from that source than the atmospheric CO2.

So there are some more challenges for you to mull over.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:51 pm

~bye. I love you

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordae Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:47 am

99.999% Certainty Humans Are Driving Global Warming: New Study

There is less than 1 chance in 100,000 that global average temperature over the past 60 years would have been as high without human-caused greenhouse gas emissions, our new research shows.

Published in the journal Climate Risk Management today, our research is the first to quantify the probability of historical changes in global temperatures and examines the links to greenhouse gas emissions using rigorous statistical techniques.

Our new CSIRO work provides an objective assessment linking global temperature increases to human activity, which points to a close to certain probability exceeding 99.999%.

Our work extends existing approaches undertaken internationally to detect climate change and attribute it to human or natural causes. The 2013 Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Fifth Assessment Report provided an expert consensus that:

It is extremely likely [defined as 95-100% certainty] that more than half of the observed increase in global average surface temperature from 1951 to 2010 was caused by the anthropogenic [human-caused] increase in greenhouse gas concentrations and other anthropogenic forcings together....

...Our research team also explored the chance of relatively short periods of declining global temperature. We found that rather than being an indicator that global warming is not occurring, the observed number of cooling periods in the past 60 years strongly reinforces the case for human influence.

We identified periods of declining temperature by using a moving 10-year window (1950 to 1959, 1951 to 1960, 1952 to 1961, etc.) through the entire 60-year record. We identified 11 such short time periods where global temperatures declined.

Our analysis showed that in the absence of human-caused greenhouse gas emissions, there would have been more than twice as many periods of short-term cooling than are found in the observed data.

There was less than 1 chance in 100,000 of observing 11 or fewer such events without the effects of human greenhouse gas emissions...
Mordae
Mordae

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:24 am

Yep Mordman but there are still people who bury their heads in the sand. Nothing you or I or even experts say will change their minds.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:54 am

We now know that the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans are heating up but the Indian Ocean isn't and as yet we don't know why that is. Possibly because they are linked via the Arctic Ocean where the Indian Ocean is land-locked to the north. That could explain why the Arctic Ice is melting too.

The heating in the two big oceans explains where the excess heat is going right now.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:44 am

The Planet Just Had Its Warmest August On Record
The Huffington Post | By Nick Visser
Posted: 09/15/2014 1:00 pm EDT

This past August was the warmest since records began in 1881, according to new data released by NASA. The latest readings continue a series of record or near-record breaking months. May of this year was also the warmest in recorded history.

Dr. Gavin Schmidt, a climatologist and climate modeler at NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies, told The Huffington Post that while the agency's data does indicate that this August was the hottest on record, the difference falls within a few hundredths of a degree compared with previous Augusts.

Schmidt cautioned against focusing on any one month or year, but instead on the fact that "the long-term trends are toward warming." A very hot August, he said, is just one piece of the data that "point[s] towards the long-term trends."

2014 to be the Third Hottest Year? - Page 5 O-MAP-570

Linked
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:48 am

Great, send some warming up this way. 9.44 °C right now and it's still summer. lsol

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:54 am

..and we're heading towards 32+ on Saturday and spring has only just begun.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:23 am

It seems like 2014 is going to be the warmest on Nasa's records.

The climate is changing, whether we like it or not and even though its driven by natural cycles, we are to blame for it too.
Some simple facts cannot be denied:
1) We, humans, are dumping billions of tons of CO2  into the atmosphere, on a daily basis. The levels of CO2 are at the highest EVER in human history (graph included).
2) CO2 causes warming
3) The Earth is warming right now.

2014 to be the Third Hottest Year? - Page 5 CO2levels_zps94120765

http://www.elmhurst.edu/~chm/vchembook/globalwarmA3.html
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next