Masada - Did it Really Happen?...

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Masada - Did it Really Happen?... - Page 2 Empty Re: Masada - Did it Really Happen?...

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:24 pm

@Rockhopper wrote:
III wrote:Flavius Josephus -> Siege of Masada

Not Biblical Story. lsol

STOP THE MIS-QUOTED BIBLE BABBLE!

HATERS OF OUR RELIGIOUS HERITAGE!!!!!

Oh my we are sensitive today!

No-one said it was a Biblical story. It's part of Israeli "history". I also know that it was referred to by Josephus in the "Antiquities of the Jews". That doesn't make it true either.

Tim

To me it never happened, it's just another Biblical myth: there is no evidence of fires, no arrowheads were ever found, no rests of walls that have been destroyed and no evidence of a battle at all.
Plus, what happened to the 967 bodies?

If anything really happened at Masada, there's no physical evidence that proves it.

lol - not story, myth!  Laughing

Nice song....... Wink


Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Masada - Did it Really Happen?... - Page 2 Empty Re: Masada - Did it Really Happen?...

Post by Rockhopper on Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:37 pm

Yup and if it's a male it's a Mythter! Wink

The Israeli army recruits take their oath of allegiance there.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Posts : 4282
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 75
Location : Island Paradise

Back to top Go down

Masada - Did it Really Happen?... - Page 2 Empty Re: Masada - Did it Really Happen?...

Post by Agartha on Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:11 am

Maneater???? hahahahaha  Blimey, VM, you are running out of ways to try to make me upset!! hahahahahaha

BUT, the MIDDLE EASTERN religions are not my heritage: I am pure European by blood and my heritage, the Italian old  and original religion, is PAGANISM. Then the Christians came and oppressed and killed to convert everybody.

If you are of European roots, then PAGANISM is YOUR ORIGINAL religion...... research real history, VM, not just what you have been told.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 14754
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Masada - Did it Really Happen?... - Page 2 Empty Re: Masada - Did it Really Happen?...

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:37 am

Still putting in your conjecture and claiming it as fact. lsol

You really don't understand Christianity do you?

One comforting factor may be a recognition that some of the basic teachings of Christianity and some of the traditionally accepted events of Jesus' life may actually be over 4,500 years old, grounded in the pre-history of humanity. Another is that, when we strip away the miraculous and supernatural legends in the gospels which came from Pagan sources, we are left with the natural. What remains is a story of an itinerant Jewish teacher who taught through parables and by example. It is the core teachings of Jesus which emerge from the gospels -- undiluted by Pagan material.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa1.htm

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Masada - Did it Really Happen?... - Page 2 Empty Re: Masada - Did it Really Happen?...

Post by Agartha on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:35 pm

III wrote:Still putting in your conjecture and claiming it as fact. lsol

One comforting factor may be a recognition that some of the basic teachings of Christianity and some of the traditionally accepted events of Jesus' life may actually be over 4,500 years old, grounded in the pre-history of humanity. Another is that, when we strip away the miraculous and supernatural legends in the gospels which came from Pagan sources, we are left with the natural. What remains is a story of an itinerant Jewish teacher who taught through parables and by example. It is the core teachings of Jesus which emerge from the gospels -- undiluted by Pagan material.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa1.htm

Same with you mate, no evidence to back anything there, just theories ( "...may be..."). Very Happy

You have said not long ago that Christ still lives in million of hearts...... well, let me copy here something I just read on your link:


BOOK: "The Christ conspiracy: the greatest story ever sold," an enormous amount of startling evidence to demonstrate that Christianity and the story of Jesus Christ were created by members of various secret societies, mystery schools and religions in order to unify the Roman Empire under one state religion.  In making such a fabrication, this multinational cabal drew upon a multitude of myths and rituals that already existed long before the Christian era, and reworked them for centuries into the story and religion passed down today."

LINK
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 14754
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Masada - Did it Really Happen?... - Page 2 Empty Re: Masada - Did it Really Happen?...

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:04 pm

That dang catholic religion wounded you. I love you

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Masada - Did it Really Happen?... - Page 2 Empty Re: Masada - Did it Really Happen?...

Post by Rockhopper on Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:28 pm

Yep Ags. That book by Acharya (D.M. Murdock) is well worth a good read. Libraries have copies. She studied the origin of the Three Monotheistic religions (3 sons of Abraham) and wrote many books about them all.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Posts : 4282
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 75
Location : Island Paradise

Back to top Go down

Masada - Did it Really Happen?... - Page 2 Empty Re: Masada - Did it Really Happen?...

Post by Agartha on Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:57 am

III wrote:That dang catholic religion wounded you. I love you

No, VM, reading the Quran and the Bible opened my eyes and made me an agnostic.


@Rockhopper wrote:Yep Ags. That book by Acharya (D.M. Murdock) is well worth a good read. Libraries have copies. She studied the origin of the Three Monotheistic religions (3 sons of Abraham) and wrote many books about them all.

Tim.

Yes, it is a good read!! I read a couple of pages yesterday and I am thinking of buying the book, to keep until I have time to actually read it.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 14754
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Masada - Did it Really Happen?... - Page 2 Empty Re: Masada - Did it Really Happen?...

Post by Rockhopper on Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:21 am

She has a 4um Here. where she goes into some details about her books.

Tim
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Posts : 4282
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 75
Location : Island Paradise

Back to top Go down

Masada - Did it Really Happen?... - Page 2 Empty Re: Masada - Did it Really Happen?...

Post by Agartha on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:15 am

@Rockhopper wrote:She has a 4um Here. where she goes into some details about her books.

Tim

Thank you, I'll have a look later on. Very Happy
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 14754
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Masada - Did it Really Happen?... - Page 2 Empty Re: Masada - Did it Really Happen?...

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:30 am

@Agartha wrote:
III wrote:That dang catholic religion wounded you. I love you

No, VM, reading the Quran and the Bible opened my eyes and made me an agnostic.


@Rockhopper wrote:Yep Ags. That book by Acharya (D.M. Murdock) is well worth a good read. Libraries have copies. She studied the origin of the Three Monotheistic religions (3 sons of Abraham) and wrote many books about them all.

Tim.

Yes, it is a good read!! I read a couple of pages yesterday and I am thinking of buying the book, to keep until I have time to actually read it.

Agnostic atheism, Agnostic theism or Apathetic or pragmatic agnosticism?


Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Masada - Did it Really Happen?... - Page 2 Empty Re: Masada - Did it Really Happen?...

Post by Agartha on Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:06 am

III wrote:
Agnostic atheism, Agnostic theism or Apathetic or pragmatic agnosticism?

Blimey!  I would say that I am a 'real' agnostic, as there's not possible way to confirm if there is a divine godlike force at the heart of the universe.

... unless God appears to me. Wink
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 14754
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Masada - Did it Really Happen?... - Page 2 Empty Re: Masada - Did it Really Happen?...

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:30 am

God is everywhere, open yer gawd dang eyes for X's sake!!!!


lsol Very Happy

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Masada - Did it Really Happen?... - Page 2 Empty Re: Masada - Did it Really Happen?...

Post by Stirky on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:21 pm

@Agartha wrote:
III wrote:
Agnostic atheism, Agnostic theism or Apathetic or pragmatic agnosticism?

Blimey!  I would say that I am a 'real' agnostic, as there's not possible way to confirm if there is a divine godlike force at the heart of the universe.

... unless God appears to me. Wink

Ah but it is up to the individual to work out what 'godlike' is, if the individual wants to believe. There is a force at the heart of the universe, it is just how we think of what that force is that differs people's opinions. That force, or universal life source is how I refer to it, is the same no matter what eyes you view it with and what beliefs of it are in your own mind. We just all see that force a bit differently and it is referred to as many names, but it's purpose and intentions do not change, it is always a constant and a stable. Maybe the only constant and stable thing in the whole universe. It is love and light in it's purest form.
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Posts : 6879
Join date : 2014-06-11
Age : 41
Location : Somewhere beneath the Opera House

Back to top Go down

Masada - Did it Really Happen?... - Page 2 Empty Re: Masada - Did it Really Happen?...

Post by Agartha on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:39 pm

I do believe in love as the glue that..... glues the world and us all........ I believe in magic, cause sometimes things happen and there is no explanation......... I believe in the universe, that energy that is everywhere, an energy that also links us all. And I believe we are all the same and all connected, to all beings and the trees and rocks and streams.......and the wind.......

BUT, what I don't believe in is all organised religions, with stories that cannot be proven real but with faith. The masses have been dominated by them for thousands of years, and billions still are. I am not part of that.

Like I have said before: I am not religious, but I am deeply spiritual...... and VM, let's not try to define both again please...... LOL
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 14754
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Masada - Did it Really Happen?... - Page 2 Empty Re: Masada - Did it Really Happen?...

Post by Stirky on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:53 pm

I have nothing against any of the organised religions, if a person is free to follow them, having something forced upon you is different. But people should be free to believe in what they want to believe in, some people need the organised religions to guide them in life. They have their good points, but like anything can have bad points too. I do not agree with any wars that are fought in the name of religion, but usually these arise from small groups of extremists anyway, not from that actual religion as a whole. As humans we all need something to believe in, something to hang on to, or we would fall by the side and lose our way.

I think it also depends on your soul, I think younger souls need more guidance from religion, older soul are more spiritual. Just my take on it Wink
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Posts : 6879
Join date : 2014-06-11
Age : 41
Location : Somewhere beneath the Opera House

Back to top Go down

Masada - Did it Really Happen?... - Page 2 Empty Re: Masada - Did it Really Happen?...

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:13 pm

@Agartha wrote:I do believe in love as the glue that..... glues the world and us all........ I believe in magic, cause sometimes things happen and there is no explanation......... I believe in the universe, that energy that is everywhere, an energy that also links us all. And I believe we are all the same and all connected, to all beings and the trees and rocks and streams.......and the wind.......

BUT, what I don't believe in is all organised religions, with stories that cannot be proven real but with faith. The masses have been dominated by them for thousands of years, and billions still are. I am not part of that.

Like I have said before: I am not religious, but I am deeply spiritual...... and VM, let's not try to define both again please...... LOL

You have an axe to grind, not my problem. Laughing

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Masada - Did it Really Happen?... - Page 2 Empty Re: Masada - Did it Really Happen?...

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:16 pm

@Stirky wrote:I have nothing against any of the organised religions, if a person is free to follow them, having something forced upon you is different. But people should be free to believe in what they want to believe in, some people need the organised religions to guide them in life. They have their good points, but like anything can have bad points too. I do not agree with any wars that are fought in the name of religion, but usually these arise from small groups of extremists anyway, not from that actual religion as a whole. As humans we all need something to believe in, something to hang on to, or we would fall by the side and lose our way.

I think it also depends on your soul, I think younger souls need more guidance from religion, older soul are more spiritual. Just my take on it Wink

Yes, younger souls need guidance, guidance that many are not getting, except from the corporate government brainwashing machines called 'school'.

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Masada - Did it Really Happen?... - Page 2 Empty Re: Masada - Did it Really Happen?...

Post by Rockhopper on Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:00 pm

Yes and Religious brainwashing called "Home schooling!"

Coming from a forward-thinking secular country where religion is not a part of Public Schools, recognising that there are many different beliefs in our population, the situation in the US is ridiculous to an extreme.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Posts : 4282
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 75
Location : Island Paradise

Back to top Go down

Masada - Did it Really Happen?... - Page 2 Empty Re: Masada - Did it Really Happen?...

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:19 pm

@Rockhopper wrote:Yes and Religious brainwashing called "Home schooling!"

Coming from a forward-thinking secular country where religion is not a part of Public Schools, recognising that there are many different beliefs in our population, the situation in the US is ridiculous to an extreme.

Tim.

There's always private school for the people who can afford it. Anyways, children should learn about the theory of evolution and the many religious doctrines along with 'intervention' theory without prejudice. Very Happy

Of course, the TRUTH will never be told. (see red) lsol

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Masada - Did it Really Happen?... - Page 2 Empty Re: Masada - Did it Really Happen?...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum