Story Game of Choices

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Story Game of Choices

Post by Kaere on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:24 am

Donate to charity


You stand in front of a giant statue of a man seated on a throne. He holds both hands out to the side, palms up. On his left hand palm there is a cute little duckie... on his right hand palm there is a snarling wildcat, hissing and spitting. You must pick a direction to travel... which way do you choose, left or right?
avatar
Kaere

Posts : 22457
Join date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Story Game of Choices

Post by Rogue on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:27 am


Whoa... great question! Best question yet!! Heck I'm going left, only coz it seems safer? Geez its probably the wrong way!!

The question is too good to waste... so here it is again...

You stand in front of a giant statue of a man seated on a throne. He holds both hands out to the side, palms up. On his left hand palm there is a cute little duckie... on his right hand palm there is a snarling wildcat, hissing and spitting. You must pick a direction to travel... which way do you choose, left or right?
avatar
Rogue

Posts : 15443
Join date : 2014-06-12
Location : West Island, NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Story Game of Choices

Post by Agartha on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:46 am

Right........ wildcat, pussycat..... won't stop me..... that is probably the shortest way to get to wherever you have go....




Alright...... let see what others answer, then:

You stand in front of a giant statue of a man seated on a throne. He holds both hands out to the side, palms up. On his left hand palm there is a cute little duckie... on his right hand palm there is a snarling wildcat, hissing and spitting. You must pick a direction to travel... which way do you choose, left or right?

_________________
******A cup that is full has no room for more*****
avatar
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 10844
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: Story Game of Choices

Post by Stirky on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:11 am

Right, as I reckon the duckie is a trap!!

I want to know what the others would do too Wink



You stand in front of a giant statue of a man seated on a throne. He holds both hands out to the side, palms up. On his left hand palm there is a cute little duckie... on his right hand palm there is a snarling wildcat, hissing and spitting. You must pick a direction to travel... which way do you choose, left or right?

_________________
"But his voice filled my spirit with a strange, sweet sound. In that night there was music in my mind. And through music my soul began to soar! And I heard as I'd never heard before" ~ Christine Daae
avatar
Stirky
Admin

Posts : 6879
Join date : 2014-06-11
Age : 40
Location : Somewhere beneath the Opera House

Back to top Go down

Re: Story Game of Choices

Post by Agartha on Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:37 am

I won't answer again (obviously), I just wanted to say how amazing how different we all think!!!

_________________
******A cup that is full has no room for more*****
avatar
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 10844
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: Story Game of Choices

Post by Kaere on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:26 am

I would go left... always go for the duckie.


Okay then... you've made your choice and move along a hallway according to that choice. After some time, you come to a full length mirror resting against the wall... it shows your reflection... do you agree with what you see or don't you?
avatar
Kaere

Posts : 22457
Join date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Story Game of Choices

Post by Stirky on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:03 pm

No, run past full length mirror as fast as possible! They all make you look your worst!

Haha I will go for the easy option and see how others answer this question too Wink


Okay then... you've made your choice and move along a hallway according to that choice. After some time, you come to a full length mirror resting against the wall... it shows your reflection... do you agree with what you see or don't you?

_________________
"But his voice filled my spirit with a strange, sweet sound. In that night there was music in my mind. And through music my soul began to soar! And I heard as I'd never heard before" ~ Christine Daae
avatar
Stirky
Admin

Posts : 6879
Join date : 2014-06-11
Age : 40
Location : Somewhere beneath the Opera House

Back to top Go down

Re: Story Game of Choices

Post by Agartha on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:42 pm

It shows the real me..... and I look like Maleficent.........
~winks at my reflection~

hahahaha


Okay then... you've made your choice and move along a hallway according to that choice. After some time, you come to a full length mirror resting against the wall... it shows your reflection... do you agree with what you see or don't you?

_________________
******A cup that is full has no room for more*****
avatar
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 10844
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: Story Game of Choices

Post by Kaere on Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:53 am

I do not agree with what I see... I don't think I look like her.

In the mirrors reflection you see a door behind you. You open the door and walk into a magnificent cavern filled with statuary and strange looking trees. There are braziers smoldering throughout and the glint of gold and silver. There's a small set of stairs in front of you, you walk down and find yourself at the edge of a canal. There's a boat sitting there waiting for you but no sign of oars or paddles. There's also a well beaten foot path along the canal...

...are you prone to trusting everything will work itself out or do you prefer to cover all bases first?
avatar
Kaere

Posts : 22457
Join date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Story Game of Choices

Post by Stirky on Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:02 am

Trust everything will work itself out (plus where is Erik? Shouldn't he be waiting for me in the boat??)


In the mirrors reflection you see a door behind you. You open the door and walk into a magnificent cavern filled with statuary and strange looking trees. There are braziers smoldering throughout and the glint of gold and silver. There's a small set of stairs in front of you, you walk down and find yourself at the edge of a canal. There's a boat sitting there waiting for you but no sign of oars or paddles. There's also a well beaten foot path along the canal...

...are you prone to trusting everything will work itself out or do you prefer to cover all bases first?

_________________
"But his voice filled my spirit with a strange, sweet sound. In that night there was music in my mind. And through music my soul began to soar! And I heard as I'd never heard before" ~ Christine Daae
avatar
Stirky
Admin

Posts : 6879
Join date : 2014-06-11
Age : 40
Location : Somewhere beneath the Opera House

Back to top Go down

Re: Story Game of Choices

Post by Agartha on Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:35 am

I rather do both...... cover all bases.... and trust. 



In the mirrors reflection you see a door behind you. You open the door and walk into a magnificent cavern filled with statuary and strange looking trees. There are braziers smoldering throughout and the glint of gold and silver. There's a small set of stairs in front of you, you walk down and find yourself at the edge of a canal. There's a boat sitting there waiting for you but no sign of oars or paddles. There's also a well beaten foot path along the canal...

...are you prone to trusting everything will work itself out or do you prefer to cover all bases first?

_________________
******A cup that is full has no room for more*****
avatar
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 10844
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: Story Game of Choices

Post by Rogue on Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:57 am


I look into the mirror.. ahhh gorge... Very Happy

I take the well worn footpath, but if the boat has a rope I might just drag it down the canal with me. The universe can provide many surprises...

Will Kaere post the next part... or won't she?
avatar
Rogue

Posts : 15443
Join date : 2014-06-12
Location : West Island, NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Story Game of Choices

Post by Kaere on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:20 pm

She will!

For me, I find if I try to cross all t's and dot all i's, I never get anywhere... so I tend to trust everything is going to turn out okay and just go for it (as long as I have a goal, that is). I keep working towards the end goal, I see no reason to postpone the start of the journey there while I'm figuring things out. Lord help me that I don't get distracted by something shiny along the way...

You begin to move slowly on your way along the canal/path. The boat makes small thunky noises as it bumps the edges of the canal and you can hear a cricket chirping in the grass every once in awhile. You look up and can see glittering, shining crystals in the roof of the cavern... the nighttime sky brought inside for your pleasure. You feel quite at home here, comfortable and warm. You feel some disappointment that this part of your journey has to end but end it must and the canal comes to an end. You see a small raised platform with an figure standing on it. It's robes have a deeply cowled hood and despite your squinting you cannot make out any features.

Suddenly, you hear a voice in your head... it's neither male nor female and you find this slightly disconcerting as your mind continues to want to decipher and catalogue. "Apologies for speaking directly to you in this way but to hear my voice would deafen you and to gaze upon my eyes would blind you. To move forward on this adventure, you must choose one or the other and to have a choice one must know all the options. The loss will be temporary but necessary... please make your choice..."

...would you prefer to lose your sight or your hearing?
avatar
Kaere

Posts : 22457
Join date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Story Game of Choices

Post by Stirky on Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:57 am

Oooh what a question!!! Hearing I think, losing your sight would be too debilitating.

You begin to move slowly on your way along the canal/path. The boat makes small thunky noises as it bumps the edges of the canal and you can hear a cricket chirping in the grass every once in awhile. You look up and can see glittering, shining crystals in the roof of the cavern... the nighttime sky brought inside for your pleasure. You feel quite at home here, comfortable and warm. You feel some disappointment that this part of your journey has to end but end it must and the canal comes to an end. You see a small raised platform with an figure standing on it. It's robes have a deeply cowled hood and despite your squinting you cannot make out any features.

Suddenly, you hear a voice in your head... it's neither male nor female and you find this slightly disconcerting as your mind continues to want to decipher and catalogue. "Apologies for speaking directly to you in this way but to hear my voice would deafen you and to gaze upon my eyes would blind you. To move forward on this adventure, you must choose one or the other and to have a choice one must know all the options. The loss will be temporary but necessary... please make your choice..."

...would you prefer to lose your sight or your hearing?

_________________
"But his voice filled my spirit with a strange, sweet sound. In that night there was music in my mind. And through music my soul began to soar! And I heard as I'd never heard before" ~ Christine Daae
avatar
Stirky
Admin

Posts : 6879
Join date : 2014-06-11
Age : 40
Location : Somewhere beneath the Opera House

Back to top Go down

Re: Story Game of Choices

Post by Agartha on Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:05 am

Holly Guacamole! You are racking our little brains, Kaere, aren't you??? LOL

OK....... hearing means loosing so much...... music....... my kids voices..... the birds singing.... rain tapping on my window pane...... but I agree with Stirky, it would be so much easier to 'survive' without hearning, than without sight.. and the voice said it's only temporary........

With great pain I choose to loose my hearing......


You begin to move slowly on your way along the canal/path. The boat makes small thunky noises as it bumps the edges of the canal and you can hear a cricket chirping in the grass every once in awhile. You look up and can see glittering, shining crystals in the roof of the cavern... the nighttime sky brought inside for your pleasure. You feel quite at home here, comfortable and warm. You feel some disappointment that this part of your journey has to end but end it must and the canal comes to an end. You see a small raised platform with an figure standing on it. It's robes have a deeply cowled hood and despite your squinting you cannot make out any features.

Suddenly, you hear a voice in your head... it's neither male nor female and you find this slightly disconcerting as your mind continues to want to decipher and catalogue. "Apologies for speaking directly to you in this way but to hear my voice would deafen you and to gaze upon my eyes would blind you. To move forward on this adventure, you must choose one or the other and to have a choice one must know all the options. The loss will be temporary but necessary... please make your choice..."

...would you prefer to lose your sight or your hearing?

_________________
******A cup that is full has no room for more*****
avatar
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 10844
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: Story Game of Choices

Post by Rogue on Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:06 am


Yep hearing for me too. I'd really hate to lose my sight and suddenly have to try and keep my bearings. Sight works for me.


You begin to move slowly on your way along the canal/path. The boat makes small thunky noises as it bumps the edges of the canal and you can hear a cricket chirping in the grass every once in awhile. You look up and can see glittering, shining crystals in the roof of the cavern... the nighttime sky brought inside for your pleasure. You feel quite at home here, comfortable and warm. You feel some disappointment that this part of your journey has to end but end it must and the canal comes to an end. You see a small raised platform with an figure standing on it. It's robes have a deeply cowled hood and despite your squinting you cannot make out any features.

Suddenly, you hear a voice in your head... it's neither male nor female and you find this slightly disconcerting as your mind continues to want to decipher and catalogue. "Apologies for speaking directly to you in this way but to hear my voice would deafen you and to gaze upon my eyes would blind you. To move forward on this adventure, you must choose one or the other and to have a choice one must know all the options. The loss will be temporary but necessary... please make your choice..."

...would you prefer to lose your sight or your hearing?
avatar
Rogue

Posts : 15443
Join date : 2014-06-12
Location : West Island, NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Story Game of Choices

Post by Kaere on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:23 am

(Should we move this 'story' thingy to another thread so it doesn't hold up the game? I can't add to it until much later...)
avatar
Kaere

Posts : 22457
Join date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Story Game of Choices

Post by Rogue on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:26 am


Yup good idea! Wink
avatar
Rogue

Posts : 15443
Join date : 2014-06-12
Location : West Island, NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Story Game of Choices

Post by Kaere on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:38 am

Okay, I've split it... will add much later. Anyone can join in as well, just jump in Smile and if anyone wants to add their own bits, please do. Might go somewhere, might not Smile
avatar
Kaere

Posts : 22457
Join date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Story Game of Choices

Post by Agartha on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:58 am

I was wondering what happened here!!! lol

Love this little psychological game!!! I'll see if I can add later too..... Very Happy

_________________
******A cup that is full has no room for more*****
avatar
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 10844
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: Story Game of Choices

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum