10 people here.....

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

10 people here.....

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:24 pm

and you have to login to visit chit-chat. Shocked

Help me with this - paranoid perhaps.

I mean REALLY!!!!

Get a fricken grip!!!

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 people here.....

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:30 am

lsol - logs in to snoop... Wink

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 people here.....

Post by Agartha on Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:22 am

Yep, chit chat is only for members who are logged in..... I don't want the whole world to know our affairs, just like I don't want to shower with people snooping on me, some things are meant to be more private.

And how many threads like this one are you going to make? This is the second one already, having a bit of a memory problem lately? Smile
avatar
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 12420
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 people here.....

Post by Kaere on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:06 am

Ω wrote:lsol - logs in to snoop... Wink

I knew it... you looooooooove us What a Face
avatar
Kaere

Posts : 24758
Join date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 people here.....

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:17 am

@Agartha wrote:Yep, chit chat is only for members who are logged in..... I don't want the whole world to know our affairs, just like I don't want to shower with people snooping on me, some things are meant to be more private.

And how many threads like this one are you going to make? This is the second one already, having a bit of a memory problem lately? Smile

The island doesn't even show up on a search engine........ you funny. Razz

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 people here.....

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:18 am

@Kaere wrote:
Ω wrote:lsol - logs in to snoop... Wink

I knew it... you looooooooove us What a Face

yeah..... 5 administrators and 5 members....... 50/50. Rolling Eyes

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 people here.....

Post by Kaere on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:22 am

Ω wrote:
@Kaere wrote:
Ω wrote:lsol - logs in to snoop... Wink

I knew it... you looooooooove us What a Face

yeah..... 5 administrators and 5 members....... 50/50. Rolling Eyes

That's got nothing to do with you logging in just to check up on the rest of us cutie patooties hehe Very Happy
avatar
Kaere

Posts : 24758
Join date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 people here.....

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:23 am

hehe...

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 people here.....

Post by Agartha on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:27 am

Ω wrote:
The island doesn't even show up on a search engine........ you funny. Razz

I didn't even know that as I never searched for the island on google..... why would you do that???
avatar
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 12420
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 people here.....

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:05 pm

@Agartha wrote:
Ω wrote:
The island doesn't even show up on a search engine........ you funny. Razz

I didn't even know that as I never searched for the island on google..... why would you do that???

bc I don't have the site bookmarked. I have to search for 'islanders.canadian-forum.com', otherwise the site cannot be found. lol

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 people here.....

Post by Agartha on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:38 pm

Next week I'll look into it and see if we can make it more visible.... maybe the other admins know?
avatar
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 12420
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 people here.....

Post by Kaere on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:55 pm

Google shows the most popular sites first (or sites that have paid for it) when you do a search... because we are an itty bitty little island, not surprising that it doesn't show up in the first (several) page results.

Also, only the parts of the site that are visible to non-members would be mined for subjects, key words, etc... so someone searching Archaeology might find us but wayyyyyy down at the bottom of the list.
avatar
Kaere

Posts : 24758
Join date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 people here.....

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:46 pm

@Kaere wrote:Google shows the most popular sites first (or sites that have paid for it) when you do a search... because we are an itty bitty little island, not surprising that it doesn't show up in the first (several) page results.

Also, only the parts of the site that are visible to non-members would be mined for subjects, key words, etc... so someone searching Archaeology might find us but wayyyyyy down at the bottom of the list.

Guess it's up to you girls, more visibility or keep it the same.. cheers

Monk (in hiding)

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 people here.....

Post by Stargate on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:18 pm

I want to suggest a broadening of the forums topics. I find myself going and commenting on the same topics most times. Maybe there should be a questionair to all members to comply a list of additional topics to add to our existing one. Breaking news seems to be the most attractive topic most comment on.

Stargate

Posts : 2000
Join date : 2014-06-14

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 people here.....

Post by Agartha on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:33 pm

Clever lady you are, Kaere!

Star, I think we comment and post on the same topics all the time because it's only a few of us and we are all inclined to those.... if we had more people we would have more variety...
avatar
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 12420
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 people here.....

Post by Stargate on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:53 pm

Maybe there could be a review every now and then, I think even if we are a few the topics should be offered. Someeople will begin to learn from others and so we can slowly begin to expand. I learnt a lot from topics I knew very little of be following what other people commented on. I think it depends on the broadness of each individual knowledge base. If I know a little about a specific topic, Someone may know a little more and so on. What we do not know we can look it up and so broaden the scope of our knowledge base. I think we do quite well at present, however we can broaden it between us although we are few. What do you think AGS?

Stargate

Posts : 2000
Join date : 2014-06-14

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 people here.....

Post by Kaere on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:28 pm

I have no problem with adding more forum subject thingies... but remember that you can post about pretty much whatever topic you like, the forums we have are just guidelines Smile
avatar
Kaere

Posts : 24758
Join date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 people here.....

Post by Stargate on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:31 pm

I did nt know.

Stargate

Posts : 2000
Join date : 2014-06-14

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 people here.....

Post by Kaere on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:33 pm

Oh!! Well I'm glad that's cleared up Very Happy go posting!
avatar
Kaere

Posts : 24758
Join date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 people here.....

Post by Agartha on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:33 pm

Yep, they are just guidelines but like Kaere said, the forum belongs to all of us so any suggestions or requests will be.... orders! (except from VM cause he only wants us to close it down...... hahaha...... just kidding young senior! lol)
avatar
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 12420
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 people here.....

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum