The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ice in the Arctic and Antarctic is 'not melting'

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ice in the Arctic and Antarctic is 'not melting' Empty Ice in the Arctic and Antarctic is 'not melting'

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:12 am

Ya think!~

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So all you 'believers' have been proven WRONG once again!  Rolling Eyes

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ted Maksym, an oceanographer at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution in Massachusetts, conducted a study in which he sent an underwater robot into the depths of the Antarctic sea to measure the ice.

His results contradicted previous assumptions made by scientists and showed that the ice is actually much thicker than has been predicted over the last 20 years.''

Dr Benny Peiser, from the Global Warming Policy Forum (GWPF), said this latest research adds further proof to the unpredictability of the supposed effects of global warming.

He said: "The Antarctic is actually growing and all the evidence in the last few months suggests many assumptions about the poles was wrong.

"Global sea ice is at a record high, another key indicator that something is working in the opposite direction of what was predicted."

He added: "Most people think the poles are melting... they're not. This is a huge inconvenience that reality is now catching up with climate alarmists, who were predicting that the poles would be melting fairly soon."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/548516/North-South-poles-not-melting-Dr-Benny-Peiser

http://www.thegwpf.org/who-we-are/dr-benny-peiser/

http://academic.research.microsoft.com/Author/34339442/ted-maksym

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Ice in the Arctic and Antarctic is 'not melting' Empty Re: Ice in the Arctic and Antarctic is 'not melting'

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Robot Sub Finds Surprisingly Thick Antarctic Sea Ice

Antarctica's ice paradox has yet another puzzling layer. Not only is the amount of sea ice increasing each year, but an underwater robot now shows the ice is also much thicker than was previously thought, a new study reports.

The discovery adds to the ongoing mystery of Antarctica's expanding sea ice. According to climate models, the region's sea ice should be shrinking each year because of global warming. Instead, satellite observations show the ice is expanding, and the continent's sea ice has set new records for the past three winters. At the same time, Antarctica's ice sheet (the glacial ice on land) is melting and retreating.

http://www.livescience.com/48880-antarctica-sea-ice-thickness-mapped.html

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Ice in the Arctic and Antarctic is 'not melting' Empty Re: Ice in the Arctic and Antarctic is 'not melting'

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:50 pm

I luv the 'are still to be identified'.

------------------------------------------------------------

Last decade's slowdown in global warming enhanced by an unusual climate anomaly

A hiatus in global warming ongoing since 2001 is due to a combination of a natural cooling phase, known as multidecadal variability (MDV) and a downturn of the secular warming trend. The exact causes of the latter, unique in the entire observational record going back to 1850, are still to be identified, according to an article by the European Commission's Joint Research Centre (JRC).

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/09/140911092905.htm

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:54 pm

Oh, so now it's 'natural fluctuation', eh, sounds like an other natural selection double speak lip flapping nonsense to me?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Global warming 'pause' since 1998 reflects natural fluctuation

Statistical analysis of average global temperatures between 1998 and 2013 shows that the slowdown in global warming during this period is consistent with natural variations in temperature, according to research. The study concludes that a natural cooling fluctuation during this period largely masked the warming effects of a continued increase in human-made emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/07/140721181805.htm

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:59 pm

Wait a minute, here's you answer...... it's part of a 'naturally occurring cycle'.

Do these people work for the department of propaganda?
scratch

--------------------------------------------------------------

Cause of global warming hiatus found deep in the Atlantic Ocean

Observations show that the heat absent from the Earth's surface for more than a decade is plunging deep in the north and south Atlantic Ocean, and is part of a naturally occurring cycle. Subsurface warming in the ocean explains why global average air temperatures have flatlined since 1999, despite greenhouse gases trapping more solar heat at Earth's surface.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/08/140821141445.htm

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:07 pm

Here's a GEM!

Oh, they knew it was going to be a problem....... (funny stuff).

Data say's cooling.......

The physical model says it has to be warming.......

Well any scientist in their right mind is going to look at the data, right?

----------------------------------------------------------------

A global temperature conundrum: Cooling or warming climate?

When the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change recently requested a figure for its annual report, to show global temperature trends over the last 10,000 years, the University of Wisconsin-Madison's Zhengyu Liu knew that was going to be a problem.

"We have been building models and there are now robust contradictions," says Liu, a professor in the UW-Madison Center for Climatic Research. "Data from observation says global cooling. The physical model says it has to be warming."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/08/140811165812.htm

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:06 pm

Blimey, it's like you are having an argument with yourself!!
LOL
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:10 pm

Apparently so Ags!  Very Happy

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:16 pm

Agartha wrote:Blimey, it's like you are having an argument with yourself!!
LOL

Well, sounds like the climatologists are talking out of both sides of their mouths.  

Be honest, we don't know squat.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Vostok and the 8000 year time lag

As discussed at the end of this post, consideration of the geochemical cycles of CO2 and CH4 in ice, permafrost, terrestrial and oceanic biospheres and in deep ocean water during freeze – thaw glacial cycles suggests that it is inevitable that CO2 and CH4 are going to correlate with temperature in a general way. This correlation shows that CO2 and CH4 are controlled by temperature and so provides no evidence for CO2 or CH4 amplifying temperature signals that are linked to orbital cycles...........

more

It is therefore totally invalid to use this relationship as evidence for CO2 forcing of climate, especially since during the onset of glaciations, there is no correlation at all.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/12/27/vostok-and-the-8000-year-time-lag/

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:17 pm

Ω wrote:
Well, sounds like the climatologists are talking out of both sides of their mouths.  

hahah we agree on that! I know that I know nothing.... but I have a great time trying to find out!
lol
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:21 pm

Agartha wrote:
Ω wrote:

hahah we agree on that! I know that I know nothing.... but I have a great time trying to find out!
lol

The Climatologists seem to be stumped?

FYI: I'm in the same boat as you.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:28 pm

I will have to read it all tomorrow and see..... way too late for my brain to get some great answers! lol
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:29 pm

Agartha wrote:I will have to read it all tomorrow and see..... way too late for my brain to get some great answers! lol

What I found, I had to dig for. Global Warming still is the buzz word.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:36 pm

Like I've said before I don't believe in the whole global warming thing, just mother nature and her cycles. She's done it before and will do it again. Ok us humans have made a bloomin mess of the planet, but believe me it's nothing that mother can't tidy up and put right!! Unless the place gets nuked, but even then mother nature would still be here and it would get sorted out eventually. We are just little fleas on the dogs back.
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:05 pm

The Earth can take care of herself just fine.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:10 pm

She always has and always will Wink
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:56 pm

Stirky wrote:She always has and always will Wink

True Stirkles but will we be still here is the question.

The climate is obviously changing and we can argue the cause forever whereas we should be properly preparing ourselves for those changes.

A full history of the Science of Climate is here;

http://www.aip.org/history/climate/co2.htm

Ice in the Arctic and Antarctic is 'not melting' GSCallendar1934

G.S. Calendar.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:53 am

Do you not listen to the latest scientific research?

The 1950's has passed.........

Please stop rebleating the same OLD rhetoric over and over.

----------------------------------------------------------

Vostok and the 8000 year time lag

As discussed at the end of this post, consideration of the geochemical cycles of CO2 and CH4 in ice, permafrost, terrestrial and oceanic biospheres and in deep ocean water during freeze – thaw glacial cycles suggests that it is inevitable that CO2 and CH4 are going to correlate with temperature in a general way. This correlation shows that CO2 and CH4 are controlled by temperature and so provides no evidence for CO2 or CH4 amplifying temperature signals that are linked to orbital cycles...........

more

It is therefore totally invalid to use this relationship as evidence for CO2 forcing of climate, especially since during the onset of glaciations, there is no correlation at all.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/12/27/vostok-and-the-8000-year-time-lag/

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:13 am

Nope at some point Tim I don't think humans will be around, but who knows, given enough time and advances we could probably save ourselves from anything, even if that means humans leaving Earth for good. Who knows what the future will bring? I don't think anything is going to happen to the human race for a very long time yet though!
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:19 pm

Good points Stirkles!

VM/Omega your ignorant arrogance is breathtaking, I wasn't aware that you own this forum, I will post whatever I like! and I don't need your bloody permission so pull your head in!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next