The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You've Got to be Kidding?!...

+3
Agartha
Stirky
Rockhopper
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

You've Got to be Kidding?!... Empty You've Got to be Kidding?!...

Post by Rockhopper Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:59 am

Pink guns for ladies!

You've Got to be Kidding?!... Taurus_TCP_380_SS_Pink

You've Got to be Kidding?!... Pink_gun__discovery_

http://pinkhandguns.com

They also come in Lavender and Tiffany Blue!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

You've Got to be Kidding?!... Empty Re: You've Got to be Kidding?!...

Post by Stirky Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:07 pm

Stupid!! They are not fashion accessories!! Although I suppose if you are into shooting on a range and have your own gun for that purpose, why shouldn't it look nice?
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:17 pm

Well, they are not silly as they match ladies long fingernails and pink bullets! And let's not forget ladies tools!

You've Got to be Kidding?!... Flower_tools_zps227f8244

...double face palm and Rolling Eyes
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:18 pm

I think the pastel colours on the weapons is a bad idea, they look too much like toys for my liking.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:47 pm

Kaere wrote:I think the pastel colours on the weapons is a bad idea, they look too much like toys for my liking.

My thoughts exactly Ka. Be very tempting for young kids to play with.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:33 pm

Oh, most gun owners in America treat their weapons as kids with GI Joe or Barbie dolls, showing off the upgrades they bought for the rifles and pistols....

You've Got to be Kidding?!... PinkAR15_gunspictures
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:34 pm

Toys in America get a Orange tip on the muzzle, like airsoft rifles and such. It tells the Police you have a toy gun

You've Got to be Kidding?!... Airsoft-asg-steyr-aug-a2-c
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:37 pm

I admit, when at a range, the recoil and scent of cordite does do something primal, odd as it sounds. BUT I do see such weapons for home defense or food hunting. NOT toys!!!!!!
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:21 am

I struggle to see any point to having a gun.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:51 am

Rogue wrote:
I struggle to see any point to having a gun.

I know this sounds silly, but some feel safer if they know they have one around in case their home is invaded while they at home. In some cases it has been that they did stop the criminals, others end in tragedy. Very "Russian roulette"

Some are of course expecting to have to fight a corrupt government, of course that also depends on their own definition

Others are worried about SHTF moments and to protect themselves from marauders, zombies whatever, (Insert the paranoid bogeyman here.

Others do just like to sport shoot, at paper targets, old appliances, etc.

Some use the weapons for hunting meat that they can keep the costs lower by taking it ti a butcher themselves or butcher their own meats.

There are other reasons, but those are the legal reasons that are most prevalent in America.

I have personally felt no need for one since 1986, I am usually pretty good at talking to folks and helping calm things down, especially face to face.

As for the toys, well, some folks like to play at war game tournaments, they even have air-soft meets in Europe, and they make Youtube vids showing the fake rifles electric motor driven spitting of plastic peas at each other.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:13 am

I don't even let my kids have toy guns, I am very against guns. Although I did have a go at a shooting range when I was in the USA, and might've been first time lucky but shot the target right in the head and the heart! But still I don't actually agree with them
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:53 pm

I have a high powered air rifle here (rabbits and possums) and a 30-06 for shooting deer and pigs (food). I also have a muzzle loading rifle (.54 cal) that I use occasionally. Make my own powder and primers for it too. Primers are made from safety matches and aluminium powder. Gunpowder is made without sulphur (which generates the cloud of smoke when it's fired) using castor sugar as a sulphur substitute. Works a charm!

Like Len says, there is something primordial about the smell and sight of a gunpowder rifle when it's fired.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:19 pm

Len, only toy guns that look real (ie are black) are required to have the orange thingy. Other colours are only used with toys. So this is just looking for trouble, kids are going to think it's a toy for sure.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:00 pm

The more security and serious gun owners also buy lockable gun safes here, the dullards leave them laying around, or tucked behind clothes in a closet where their kids can find them, but now they are also introducing "Your child's first gun" as in teaching the kids how to use one.

The plastic noise maker toy guns are in all sorts of day-glo colors

The Air-soft guns are for more older/serious "Kids" who want what looks like a gun, but will not use a lethal one, the orange tip on the realistic air softs are to let cops know not to kill them. Sadly, Daisy BB guns do NOT have such a orange tip, and a kid or adult with one can sadly get killed by police, Of course the Ohio cop should not have been hired due to psychological issues that cropped up in his old derpartment.

Solid pink accessories are for adult women to "personalize" their weapons and not confuse their husbands/boyfriends weapons. Men usually go for black or camouflaged grips and stocks, At least that is how the makers of those accessories envision it.....

Watch out and wash the hands after handling castor products, if that castor sugar is castor bean based or a touch to the lips can make for some runny bathroom trips Rock! LOL

I am not defending it all, I am merely trying to help you all see what kind of pro-gun culture permeates Amurika, I do have to live with it, I am in the country side, so plenty of game is hunted for meat by these folks many who view their rifles etc as tools for survival as they get a lot of their meat supply from the woods and farms here.

Me, I go to the market where most of the work has been done for me, so 10USD a steak is normal for it. There are wild turkeys, deer, boars, rabbits and other game birds for them to hunt.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:02 pm

Oh, and the "gun nuts" were upset by a new pistol, one where it will only fire if you put on the radio frequency control watch. I see that as a smart gun for home defense as a kid cannot fire it, or a thief, or any accidental shootings as a red LED is active w/o the watch

With the watch, the LED goes Green and the owner, presumably, with his wrist attachment may fire the pistol as needed.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:38 pm

Castor sugar is from the top of the sugar cane Len. Dunno why it's called "castor" sugar though. It's much finer and has some starch in it. Ideal for gunpowder!

I started making our own fireworks years ago when we were struggling with a young family and too much month left at the end of the money. Didn't see why our kids should miss out so I made my own. Still got all my fingers and both eyes too! Larned a lot in those daze!

I made the muzzle loader, well most of it. I got the stock from an old single shot 12ga that had a stuffed barrel. Kept the lock too and made the barrel from some 1/2in high pressure pipe. Made up a line bore (tool for aligning the barrel bore) and a rifling kid. 5 lands, 6 grooves, 1:21 twist. Works a charm. Fun making holes in tin cans!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:20 pm

Never have been set up for making my own stuff to support the antique rifles I would prefer.

Yes, some are all about the more modern weapons due to the number of bullets they can lay down, but AK-47 is as modern as I would go, a weapon made in the 50's

Bolt action and muzzle loaders are weapons that require thinking as they are set, loaded and used.

Rifled muzzle loader means you have accuracy for that .54cal black powder beast.

Me? I would be one to use the rifles for hunting, and also the marksmanship/recoil. I was forced into a situation back in the Army where 3 men entered the missile site, when even numbered "2-man control" was allowed, so I had my weapon aimed, I would have been in my right as guard to have shot him, I found I could not shoot another human being so casually as that. he walked off the site alone to the center to get another person.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:26 am

Yeah know what you mean Len.

The rifle is accurate alright, I can shoot a 6in circle at 200yds with it.

Understand where you're coming from, it's hard for a normal person to shoot some-one else whichever side they are on.

There was a time in Vietnam where a group of us (Aussies, Kiwis and Canucks) had got so sick of the endless and mindless slaughter we stood across a road with our rifles armed and loaded when a group of US Marines came along. They wanted to go into the nearby village and kill everyone there. We wouldn't let them and had they tried to pass we would have opened fire on them. The Lieutenant in charge had the good sense to withdraw after a heated argument.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:01 am

Rockhopper wrote:Yeah know what you mean Len.

The rifle is accurate alright, I can shoot a 6in circle at 200yds with it.

Understand where you're coming from, it's hard for a normal person to shoot some-one else whichever side they are on.

There was a time in Vietnam where a group of us (Aussies, Kiwis and Canucks) had got so sick of the endless and mindless slaughter we stood across a road with our rifles armed and loaded when a group of US Marines came along. They wanted to go into the nearby village and kill everyone there. We wouldn't let them and had they tried to pass we would have opened fire on them. The Lieutenant in charge had the good sense to withdraw after a heated argument.

Tim.

Thank you for being a conscience to a likely very upset and hot headed unit of Marines. Many do not think of American troops doing "war crimes" yet we have , Mei Lai comes to mind as it was the example we got taught about regarding lawful vs unlawful orders.

Sadly in the Middle East we have had bad behavior happen, and passed off for the most part, especially since ex-soldiers became mercs and handled "contracts" handed out by our government.

There are still people here who truly believe that just because we are Americans, we are automatically "good guys" and can do no wrong.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:04 am

We call it caster sugar here, and yep certainly wouldn't make you go running to the loo, only running to the dentist if you have too much Wink We use it in baking.
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum