The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hominid Skull Spurs Radical Rewrite of Human Evolu

3 posters

Go down

Hominid Skull Spurs Radical Rewrite of Human Evolu Empty Hominid Skull Spurs Radical Rewrite of Human Evolu

Post by Rockhopper Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:59 am

Our family tree may have just lost a few branches.

A complete skull found in the Eurasian country of Georgia could be evidence that early hominids are actually all members of a single species. The view challenges long-held ideas about human evolution and could upend decades of classifying early hominids into different species, such as Homo erectus, Homo rudolfensis and Homo habilis.

Researchers publishing their analysis of the 1.8 million year old find in Science today argue that the skull’s combination of primitive and more evolved features make it difficult to classify by currently accepted definitions of early hominid species. In addition, variations between the skull and those of other early hominids found at the site are no more significant than differences among modern humans, suggesting the fossils represent one species.

Artists impression of the man.

Hominid Skull Spurs Radical Rewrite of Human Evolu Lord6HR-920x1024

Source

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Hominid Skull Spurs Radical Rewrite of Human Evolu Empty Re: Hominid Skull Spurs Radical Rewrite of Human Evolu

Post by Agartha Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:50 am

That was 2 years ago... do you know if they have released any new information, Tim? Very Happy
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hominid Skull Spurs Radical Rewrite of Human Evolu Empty Re: Hominid Skull Spurs Radical Rewrite of Human Evolu

Post by Monk (in hiding) Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:37 am

I want to see evolution.  I want to find evolution when I look and only find creation and destruction.

The ant's create a hill and the deer trample it and destroy it. I make a fire and it rains.  The deer made a path and the local developer destroyed the owls tree house sub divides it for shops. The Bee's made a hive and the poo winny bear's destroyed it for honey sake treat. The beavers created a dam and the floods came and pushed them out.

When I leave the text books and internet behind, I find creation and destruction in nature.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Man is the measure of all things: of the things that are, that they are, of the things that are not, that they are not."
Protagoras

By this, Protagoras meant that each individual is the measure of how things are perceived by that individual. Therefore, things are, or are not, true according to how the individual perceives them. For example, Person X may believe that the weather is cold, whereas Person Y may believe that the weather is hot. According to the philosophy of Protagoras, there is no absolute evaluation of the nature of a temperature because the evaluation will be relative to who is perceiving it. Therefore, to Person X, the weather is cold, whereas to Person Y, the weather is hot. This philosophy implies that there are no absolute "truths". The truth, according to Protagoras, is relative, and differs according to each individual.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:10 am

Rockcrusher wrote:I want to see evolution.  I want to find evolution when I look and only find creation and destruction.

We have given you a thousand examples that prove evolution and yet you refuse to look.
You cannot find the stars if you search for them during the day and only looking at the ground.
You want to see evolution? It's right in front of your eyes and in you..... in your bipedalism, your opposing thumb and your hairless body.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:21 am

Agartha wrote:
Rockcrusher wrote:I want to see evolution.  I want to find evolution when I look and only find creation and destruction.

We have given you a thousand examples that prove evolution and yet you refuse to look.
You cannot find the stars if you search for them during the day and only looking at the ground.
You want to see evolution? It's right in front of your eyes and in you..... in your bipedalism, your opposing thumb and your hairless body.

No, I only see birth, life and destruction. No Evolution.

You haven't proved anything.

I am not part of your religious order "The Island"...

Hominid Skull Spurs Radical Rewrite of Human Evolu Birth-and-death

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:39 pm

Yes Ka the info is two years old. Since then they have found several more skeletons in that vicinity. Nothing new on them yet.

RC I wasn't aware that this 4um had a "Religion" care to share what that "Religion" is. I see people here with all kinds of different views, even you, hardly a "Religion". That's just being pejorative.

Also as you are aware, evolution takes a very long time. In geological time it's a blink of an eye but in human lifetime terms it takes almost forever. So don't expect a new species to suddenly pop up in front of your very eyes!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down