The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Drones Targeting Terrorist or Civillians

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are Drones Targeting Terrorist or Civillians Empty Are Drones Targeting Terrorist or Civillians

Post by Stargate Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:57 pm

Guys, take a look at this and say what you think.
I have read the total fall of the Roman Empire, I have discovered that the US is going in the identical direction, and as it seems not too many people are noticing.

Please be careful some of this is not easy to watch.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kibfq1zvdL4

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Are Drones Targeting Terrorist or Civillians Empty Re: Are Drones Targeting Terrorist or Civillians

Post by Rockhopper Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:01 am

Not new Star, empires come and go. [satire]Better a dirty drone war than sending your own cannon fodder in![/satire]

The problem is - who cares about some-one in the boonies somewhere and/or their families? We don't know them, we never see them and all we have are images on a TV screen. So we say, "Oh dear, how sad, never mind" and go to the cartoons.

What you see in pix or videos isn't real Star, they are just images. You can't smell the death, see and hear the screams of pain. The images are carefully sanitised so your sensibilities won't be offended. You don't see the child with part of it's head blown off or their stomach hanging out of a gaping hole in their belly. You never see those images yet they are the real images of war.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Are Drones Targeting Terrorist or Civillians Empty Re: Are Drones Targeting Terrorist or Civillians

Post by Mordae Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:09 am

Are Drones Targeting Terrorist or Civillians?

The answer is yes simply because the US Govt's inability to produce an actual definition of a terrorist (probably because they would indite themselves) means that all civilians are potential terrorists and visa versa.  Mad 

And yes, the empire is decaying from within rapidly. Much like Rome, bread and circuses distract the masses, so few pay attention.
Mordae
Mordae

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:14 pm

Mordae wrote: Are Drones Targeting Terrorist or Civillians?

The answer is yes simply because the US Govt's inability to produce an actual definition of a terrorist (probably because they would indite themselves) means that all civilians are potential terrorists and visa versa.  Mad 

And yes, the empire is decaying from within rapidly.  Much like Rome, bread and circuses distract the masses, so few pay attention.

There is something very wrong Mordae, I think it has to do with all the stuff being in the air and the stress level of the human mind on the planet. How can they not see that the level of violence is creating more violence? What has gone wrong with critical thinking? What use is there to kill children, you are just upping the anti to create more angry children who will want to take revenge at some point.

The Roman empire took on too much in the end and to many. This is the same pattern that is being followed. How can some one not see that there is an example for them not to follow if you are going to last any time. There has been no western civilization that has lasted more than three hundred years, the US is about there at the moment.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordae Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:13 pm

I agree, the status quo at this point is utterly ridiculous. Logic dictates that revolution delivered down the barrel of a gun offers nothing other than more of the same. It also dictates that a population ruled in fear and ignorance can do terrible things.
Mordae
Mordae

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:59 pm

Yep, another one of those ideas that some one in the CIA/Pentagon thought would be workable for shrinking terrorist orgs but instead fuels folks to fill those ranks if for no other reason than payback.

Empires get to a point where they think that they can take on the world, and having decided to forget history, are doming themselves to repeat it, ought to make for a very interesting fire work show. Might have to get my self to say maybe Canada or other safer place where I can switch over mu disability checks, and such, or just ride it out and see what new culture we come up with as the American Empire dies from it's own excesses, but no one here will be watching that as it would make their brain hurt where they get to be more entertained by the latest Miley/bieber news
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordae Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:40 pm

Thats true Len (personally, I'd get out while the gettings good).

The thing is, all the elements are in place, all thats need now is a catalyst to set it off...and TPTB know it, from the 0.01%...
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/06/the-pitchforks-are-coming-for-us-plutocrats-108014.html

You probably don’t know me, but like you I am one of those .01%ers, a proud and unapologetic capitalist. I have founded, co-founded and funded more than 30 companies across a range of industries—from itsy-bitsy ones like the night club I started in my 20s to giant ones like Amazon.com, for which I was the first nonfamily investor. Then I founded aQuantive, an Internet advertising company that was sold to Microsoft in 2007 for $6.4 billion. In cash. My friends and I own a bank. I tell you all this to demonstrate that in many ways I’m no different from you. Like you, I have a broad perspective on business and capitalism. And also like you, I have been rewarded obscenely for my success, with a life that the other 99.99 percent of Americans can’t even imagine. Multiple homes, my own plane, etc., etc. You know what I’m talking about. In 1992, I was selling pillows made by my family’s business, Pacific Coast Feather Co., to retail stores across the country, and the Internet was a clunky novelty to which one hooked up with a loud squawk at 300 baud. But I saw pretty quickly, even back then, that many of my customers, the big department store chains, were already doomed. I knew that as soon as the Internet became fast and trustworthy enough—and that time wasn’t far off—people were going to shop online like crazy. Goodbye, Caldor. And Filene’s. And Borders. And on and on....

...But let’s speak frankly to each other. I’m not the smartest guy you’ve ever met, or the hardest-working. I was a mediocre student. I’m not technical at all—I can’t write a word of code. What sets me apart, I think, is a tolerance for risk and an intuition about what will happen in the future. Seeing where things are headed is the essence of entrepreneurship. And what do I see in our future now?

I see pitchforks...

...If we don’t do something to fix the glaring inequities in this economy, the pitchforks are going to come for us. No society can sustain this kind of rising inequality. In fact, there is no example in human history where wealth accumulated like this and the pitchforks didn’t eventually come out. You show me a highly unequal society, and I will show you a police state. Or an uprising. There are no counterexamples. None. It’s not if, it’s when.

To the Pentagon...
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2014/jun/12/pentagon-mass-civil-breakdown

A US Department of Defense (DoD) research programme is funding universities to model the dynamics, risks and tipping points for large-scale civil unrest across the world, under the supervision of various US military agencies. The multi-million dollar programme is designed to develop immediate and long-term "warfighter-relevant insights" for senior officials and decision makers in "the defense policy community," and to inform policy implemented by "combatant commands."

Launched in 2008 – the year of the global banking crisis – the DoD 'Minerva Research Initiative' partners with universities "to improve DoD's basic understanding of the social, cultural, behavioral, and political forces that shape regions of the world of strategic importance to the US."...

...Another project awarded this year to the University of Washington "seeks to uncover the conditions under which political movements aimed at large-scale political and economic change originate," along with their "characteristics and consequences." The project, managed by the US Army Research Office, focuses on "large-scale movements involving more than 1,000 participants in enduring activity," and will cover 58 countries in total.

Last year, the DoD's Minerva Initiative funded a project to determine 'Who Does Not Become a Terrorist, and Why?' which, however, conflates peaceful activists with "supporters of political violence" who are different from terrorists only in that they do not embark on "armed militancy" themselves. The project explicitly sets out to study non-violent activists:

"In every context we find many individuals who share the demographic, family, cultural, and/or socioeconomic background of those who decided to engage in terrorism, and yet refrained themselves from taking up armed militancy, even though they were sympathetic to the end goals of armed groups. The field of terrorism studies has not, until recently, attempted to look at this control group. This project is not about terrorists, but about supporters of political violence."
(That group includes you and me btw.)

Through to Social Media...
http://qz.com/229996/facebooks-social-experiments-appear-far-more-extensive-than-its-now-infamous-emotions-study/

Facebook made headlines for a recently published study where it modified the emotional content of what appeared in people’s news feeds and studied the after-effect of that change on users—an experiment some condemned as an intrusion and a manipulation of unsuspecting users of the social network. The Wall Street Journal (paywall) reports now that the study was just one of “hundreds” of tests run by a highly active and not particularly well-supervised group of data scientists....
Mordae
Mordae

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:05 pm

Yep Mord man, we are likely watched.

It is however interesting how they try and double check, manipulate, control and direct humans
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:04 am

Lenzabi wrote:Yep Mord man, we are likely watched.

It is however interesting how they try and double check, manipulate, control and direct humans

I went to Germany just after the second world war, at the time they were experimenting on mind control. A lot of these type of scientist were shared up with participants of the war. When I was studying electronics there was a gun that delivered a low frequency impulse that would kill you if it was tuned to the frequency of the heart. All one had to do was to raise the output power to what you wanted. Kill would be over a certain power range and stun would be less power. I know Tesla had some experiments that started the whole interest. Today we call it HARRP that can change weather patters. I know you guys know that none of this is new, we talk about the new technologies but what the hell can we do to stop it when most are not awake to what is happening?

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordae Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:33 am

I know you guys know that none of this is new, we talk about the new technologies but what the hell can we do to stop it when most are not awake to what is happening?

Good question...Operation Paperclip has been public knowledge for a long time now, but 9 out of 10 people have no idea what it is.

By the same token however, a lot of people don't really realize how many of their right's for self determination have been traded off to governments in exchange for services, infrastructure and security, that on occasion they can't provide.

But yeah, it's hard to wake up people that prefer to be asleep.
Mordae
Mordae

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:09 am

Mordae wrote:
I know you guys know that none of this is new, we talk about the new technologies but what the hell can we do to stop it when most are not awake to what is happening?

Good question...Operation Paperclip has been public knowledge for a long time now, but 9 out of 10 people have no idea what it is.

By the same token however, a lot of people don't really realize how many of their right's for self determination have been traded off to governments in exchange for services, infrastructure and security, that on occasion they can't provide.  

But yeah, it's hard to wake up people that prefer to be asleep.  

Part of the plan Mordman. Dumb the populace down and they become sheep. Then they can be manipulated and controlled.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordae Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:38 am

It certainly seems to be working well  

*sigh* 
Mordae
Mordae

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:13 pm

Mordae wrote:It certainly seems to be working well  

*sigh* 

Especially in America, sadly I live at present in a state that has been kept so, and always trodden down by Big Coal and other industries in the hopes that they would make good livings off of coal mining, West Virginia is a state of Religious Indoctrination mixed with lowered educational standards and Corporate PR tossed in to muddle the minds of the masses here.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:03 pm

The Roman Empire lasted about 600yrs. It's demise was from several factors. Pressure from the Barbarians around the periphery was one. The Visigoths from out of the Balkans. The Vandals from the south. Perhaps the biggest cause of it's demise was a Pandemic of Small Pox that decimated the population (less taxes) and it also decimated the Roman Army in circa 480AD.

The Brit. Empire lasted about 300yrs and ended with two major wars that bankrupted them.

The longest lasting empire was the Chinese one that lasted for 4000yrs. and there have been many over human history.

HAAP was an attempt to emulate Tesla's Wardencliffe experiment. Impart energy into the ionosphere and then be able to take it out somewhere else. They were able to re-create small auroras with it.

The American Empire has only survived this long because you invented printing money. Without realising that by doing so all you are doing is to shift the problem into the future. By then those created the problem will be long gone.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:04 pm

The American Empire is already in the stages of decline. Trying to bolster a sagging economy with wars, Ostentatious displays of wealth and excess, our own bread and circuses to soothe the masses and keep them distracted, and more. The signs are there, but instead, we race towards a situation where the uber rich face what happened to the French Nobility, yet they prefer to do nothing to avoid such a fate.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordae Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:54 am

I'm sure a lot of them will find something very important to do overseas when the time comes Len. Even the Wall Street types have made plans to ride out the storm (if this article is correct...it's best considered to be second-hand information at most)

http://permaculturenews.org/2014/01/08/investing-like-ecosystem/
“…A couple of years ago I went to a talk put on by Chris Martenson in Edmonton, Canada. Chris is famous for his popular online Crash Course. Chris gave his usual spiel on how most investment strategy is based on the preceding 20 years of investment statistics and that this is underpinned with the assumption that there will always be more energy, soil, forest, air, and water that we can exploit. However, how can the next 20 years be anything like the last 20 years if we have run out of cheap oil, 50% of the forests are gone, the air is getting worse and we are running out of water? His main point is that the next 20 years are not going to be anything like the last 20 years.

What really blew me away was the private conversation that I had with Chris after his talk. He told me that he had given the same presentation to Wall Street bankers the week prior. These bankers gave Chris the following comment: “We know all of this already. We have our bug-out locations in the woods so that when the music stops playing we can hide out while the world unwinds.” They believe they need to keep dancing until the music stops – everything will look normal until the very last moment.

Wow! These folks Chris spoke with actually recognized that the system is broken. They continue to sell their investment schemes with the knowledge that things are very likely to come crashing down. And they are prepared for this crash. They’ve invested their surplus into off-grid cabins stocked with food and other supplies.

So how do you manage that information, not get freaked out and preserve wealth in a way that allows you to ride out the storm? That is the question that I have been asking myself for 10 years. Here is what I have come to…”
Mordae
Mordae

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:43 pm

I think the world will be out for their blood by then. The best thing they all can do is a planet wide debt zeroing and rekindle the economy in a new way.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordae Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:14 am

I agree. Problem is the debt-holders who hold the reins don't.
Mordae
Mordae

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:21 am

The debt level in this last crunch was so high that all the money in the world couldn't pay it. That situation still stands right now. Everything that is being done is disguising the extent of the problem by papering over the gaps.

Since the development of Usury (charging table interest on loans) it has been a problem ever since. If ye borrow $100,000 to buy a house over 25yrs, you will pay back three times it's current value, all things remaining equal. But if ye factor in the rate of inflation over that period, then it becomes scary at 5 -6 times the current value.

The term "Bank" comes from the Arabic word for "Money-lender" (Bankh). A Bankh had very strict rules on what they could charge for interest and if the broke those rules, the Bankh Police would come along and smash up their table (Bankh-Rupta) and put them out of business. We need to do the same! Perhaps by breaking some heads!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordae Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:45 am

Or just disconnect from the system. If enough people (say a couple 100,000) start using crypto-currencies or local currencies exclusively, rather than state ones, then the economic system would probably implode under the rate of it's own debt.
Mordae
Mordae

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next