Alphabet Game

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Alphabet Game - Page 10 Empty Re: Alphabet Game

Post by Agartha on Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:12 pm

I'll continue then......... lol

B.......... Boys of Summer... it takes me back to being 13, Italian Summer... when love was so innocent and dreams were all we had.

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue on Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:55 am

C... Can You Hear Me?

Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:14 pm

D... Dance again, J-LO..... year 2012, so many changes in my life that year... hard changes that actually changed it all for the better.

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:56 pm

Wow, Aggie - brilliant subject!! (I was meaning to say this sooner, but ideally wanted to add it in with a musical choice of my own, however I'm finding it difficult to synch my choices alphabetically as I'm thinking of them... Ugh!)

And that choice for D...  I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you Hello! Very Happy

(As it turns out 2012 was a significant year for me too, it was the year I finally began freeing myself from the toxic influence of my horrific parents and reclaiming my life... Christmas Eve 2012 was the date my tenancy started on my first Council flat, and it felt like the best Christmas present I'd ever had!)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:41 pm

Thank you! I hope you can sync and post!! And LOL at your reaction at my choice for D! hahaha

E.... Emotions by Mariah Carey..... 1991.... I was planning my return to Europe that year (was in Argentina then). It reminds me of being young and fearless.

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:59 pm

(Wow, and now Mariah... Sweet! Very Happy Very Happy)

Great song!

For me, F... Freedom! (Robbie's version, not George Michael's original which was before my time)
When this song got released(Summer 1996) I was just starting to find myself as a person and beginning my transition into adulthood, and it became a personal anthem for me at that time - it's always meant a lot to me ever since:

TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:04 pm

I can see the age gap between us: I love that song, but the only one that has a meaning is the original one by George Michael.

G.... Girls and Boys, by Blur........ 1994, that was the first time I moved to London... also first time I was living by myself ... oh the freedom and the fun!

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:49 am

(I know what mean, but I can kinda identify too, because my sister is roughly the same age as you and she listened to a lot of the same music when I was kid, so even though I was too young to connect properly with it at the time, I ended up getting "educated"!)

And brilliant Blur song!

H... Holiday, by Green Day. 2004 had been a significant year in my life, as I'd moved into my first flat in May of that year and started a whole new life for myself, which had included taking time to start getting to know myself better and expressing my personal beliefs. This song happened to come out at the start of 2005, just as I was waking up to the reality of what politics can be like and how the world really works, and I found it accurately expressed a lot of the very strong feelings I had, so I adopted it as a kind of personal anthem. I'd already been a big fan of Green Day for several years before the American Idiot album came out, so the whole thing felt like a major synch, but that album became a kind of audio Bible for me for years, and this was and still is my favourite song on it:

TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:22 pm

I'm sorry, I meant to say "...the only one that has a meaning FOR ME is the original one by GM", for me, sorry if I sounded patronizing! And I like Holiday too.... it takes me back to my girl being born!

I.... If I were a boy by Beyoncé.... takes me back to a moment in my life when I got fed up with society's double standard.... a society where men can do what they want and be forgiven just because they are boys. I had to become stronger because I had a daughter and I swore I was not going to let her suffer with the same unfairness I had to go through. 

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:37 am

(That's cool, I never interpreted it as patronising Smile And original versions of songs often are held in higher regard than covers!)

That's a great reason for liking Holiday too. 

Nice Beyoncé song... Somehow you're managing to post all the singers I've found hottest over the years in fairly quick order! Razz

J...  Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi. My life-changing experience involving this song is much more recent, early May 2018 to be exact. After wondering for a couple of months, I had confirmation via Instagram that someone who I had had the deepest feelings for did not reciprocate them as I had previously been led to believe she did. Several months earlier in December 2017 I had posted this very song in my Playlist thread(I'd been very drawn to it since the mid 90s), and I noted at the time that although I felt a specific connection with it at that time, I wasn't sure why. This situation in May a few months later made me think of it again straight away, and I listened to it again(Gender-swapping it in my mind) and connected strongly with the lyrics. At that moment I promised myself that I was going to stand up for my rights as a person from now on and never try to make do with another relationship in which I was being unfairly treated.
I consider it a tough learning experience which has made me stronger, and my overall association with the song remains positive, as listening to it helped express some of my deepest feelings at the time:

TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:36 pm

@TrueCrazyLion wrote:Nice Beyoncé song... Somehow you're managing to post all the singers I've found hottest over the years in fairly quick order! Razz

!!hahaha glad to be of service!  Razz... I think it's only fair I post some of the singers I've found to be the hottest! lol (I love Kylie, all her songs including the one you posted....  and great you decided to stop a sort of one way relationship and you prioritized yourself. Better to be alone and ready for the right person than to be miserable with the wrong one). 

K.... Keep the faith, Bon Jovi. This song had a lot of meaning in 1992 not on a personal level per se, but thinking about the world.... I really thought we could build a better loving peaceful future for the world. Hence this song still holds the same meaning for me in 2019!

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:42 am

(That's so nice of you to recognise and sweet of you to say, and yeah, that's exactly how I felt TBH... You're very insightful!)

L... Leave Me Alone(I'm Lonely). This song happened to get released, in spring 2007, just as I was starting to come to terms with the complexity of relationships as well as how difficult it can be to put feelings accurately into words. It felt like the song was symbolic of this transition I was going through, and it felt like it was so expressive of my innermost thoughts, and this, as well as its general kick-ass sound, made me immediately connect with it and love it:

TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:47 pm

Great choice! Love this song and it also resonates a lot with me... and Lion... do we ever actually come to term with the complexity of relationships? We seem to learn but then we fall in love again and we forget! lol

M.... Material girl by Madonna....... I was 13 and sooo impressed by this woman, I wanted to grow up and be like her: strong, independent and master of her own destiny.

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:46 am

N....... Neutron Star Collision, by Muse........ I discovered this song in 2011 when I was making massive changes in my life. 

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:00 pm

That's a stunning choice for N Aggie, one of the most beautiful songs I've heard, both in terms of sound and lyrics. So powerful and moving. Hope those changes worked out well!

(And I saw it as soon as you posted it, but was trying to think of an O song and still haven't managed to yet - so felt I had to say something! LOL)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:49 pm

Thank you and yes, as painful as they were those changes brought me to where I am now and I am grateful for everything I have right now..... and Lion, there are sooo many songs that start with O!
LOL this has become the Aggie's musical thread I think  Razz

O.... Ooh Aah by Gina G, 1996, oh gawd, the years of freedom, free love, nightclubbing... London was the best place for 25 year old me! Great (naughty) memories!

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere on Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:16 am

Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:37 pm

Q... Quit playing games (with my heart), Backstreet Boys. 1996. Oh to be so young and careless again!

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:21 am

R.... Run Away, by Got7.... takes me back to the last Kpop concert, quality time spent with my gorgeous girl, my wee soulmate! And I also love the song, amazing lyrics!

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:25 am

Conclusions from last few posts: Aggie likes 1996... Aggie is definitely musical(I kinda knew that already TBH), Gina G is hot(I actually loved that song too when it came out, and wanted it to win Eurovision)... I also love that particular Backstreet Boys song... Sounds like the mid-90s was a particularly fun time for you. And I'm still trolling this thread instead of actually posting music videos! LOL
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum