Alphabet Game

Page 11 of 29 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 29  Next

Go down

Alphabet Game - Page 11 Empty Re: Alphabet Game

Post by Agartha on Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:24 pm

@TrueCrazyLion wrote:Conclusions from last few posts: Aggie likes 1996... Aggie is definitely musical(I kinda knew that already TBH), Gina G is hot(I actually loved that song too when it came out, and wanted it to win Eurovision)... I also love that particular Backstreet Boys song... Sounds like the mid-90s was a particularly fun time for you. And I'm still trolling this thread instead of actually posting music videos! LOL

hahaha I am very musical! I am always listening to music and singing.. I just don't really post music anymore. And OMG you are right, I did love 1996 but never actually realized until you said it. And LOL at you not posting songs here... there are hundreds of songs for each alphabet letter  Razz
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:01 pm

I know... I just seem to be really bad at synching songs which have life-changing personal meaning for me with a particular letter! LOL... I normally have no problem at all thinking of them, but when required to come up with a particular song at a particular time, I seem to get mind freeze. LOL
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:21 pm

S.... Subeme la radio, by Enrique..... it takes me back to Otober 2018 when we went to see him in concert... he is as adorable as in the video.

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:23 pm

^ A fairly recent one! Nice!

T... Black Treacle. (I kinda cheated LOL, but at least managed to think of one with life-changing personal meaning which has a word starting with T in the title!)
This takes me back to summer 2013, July 2013 to be exact. On 1st July that year my local McDonald's - in the part of Dundee which I'd moved to a few months earlier - had started opening 24hours, and since it was just a couple of streets away from my flat, I started spending nights there with my laptop on the WiFi.
This was one of the songs which they regularly played on their soundsystem at night, and after a few times hearing it I started really connecting with its sound, then connecting with its lyrics and energy.
This was the time when I was properly settling into my first Council flat and getting used to having my own life, and a big part of that involved trying to understand relationships better; for that reason, the lyrics of this song resonated strongly with me, and it became one of my favourites, for a number of reasons. I think the song is beautiful, powerful and hard-hitting all at once if you understand what it's really about.
I've conceptualised the song with photos on Instagram since then(in late 2015), and it seems to have haunted me at times too, like when I've been listening to my mix on Last FM for example.
It feels like it's been on a journey with me:

TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:37 pm

Never heard that song before, I like it! It's the kind of song you listen to on lazy Summer evenings whilst you are being idle.... and you didn't cheat, treacle starts with T! LOL

U..... Uptown funk.... 2014, a Summer of love, when I understood that exes are exes for a reason and they should be left in the past, no matter how much you love them! ...oh Aggie, how very romantic!  Razz Razz

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:01 pm

(You are romantic TBH... Definitely going by what you've said here in the past. Kudos, as not many are these days it seems!)

V... Veronica. This song was one I loved the tune of when I was a kid, and in adulthood it's become the song which most reminds me of my Gran, who had vascular dementia during the final years of her life, but still had moments when she was the same person I'd known(And been much closer to than I ever was to my parents) while growing up. After she passed away in 2008 this song took on a significant personal meaning, somehow:

TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:55 pm

Awww, how sweet why you like the above song! I've never heard it before actually......... and yes, I am romantic, hopelessly. Let's finish this game so we can chose a different topic and Rogue and K will also reply... 4 letters to go! lol

W... What is love, 1992, best Summer of my life, riding the Italian mountains with a nice group of bikers (which relates back to my previous song about exes being exes for a reason lol).

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:43 pm

X........ Xanadu, by Olivia NJ.... 1980.... it takes me way back..... can't pinpoint to a specific moment, too young, but if I close my eyes and listen to the song I see my parents being very young, wearing high waist flare jeans, mini skirts... my dad had long hair.....

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:20 pm

I actually thought about posting Xanadu for X as well, as I think it's such a beautiful song, but couldn't think of any life-influencing experiences I've had which involve it... That sounds like it has really special memories for you Smile

What Is Love is one I vaguely remember from my childhood, my sister really liked it and she bought it on cassette single - I actually found the cassette in a cupboard in her old bedroom when I moved into it in 2002. LOL
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:21 pm

Lion, age may be just a number, but when I read your posts about music I feel like your mother! hahahaha

Y.... You'll see by Madonna, released in 1995 but for me it became a very important song in 2012 when I left my ex husband for good.... after 17 years together. 

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:07 pm

(To be honest I don't feel like there's an age difference at all when I speak to you on here, I think you have a very "young" outlook - very openminded and in touch with contemporary life - so it doesn't really feel like you're any older!)

Classic Madonna, mmmm... Love watching the video! Think there are a lot of similarities between this song and Frozen.
Yeah, it got released in December 1995 if I remember right, and it has a lot of memories for me too TBH, from that time... Not great, if I'm honest.
This is actually the first time I've listened properly to the lyrics of the song, and they are very powerful! It sounds like you might have had a tough time, and I'm sorry to hear it if so... But yeah, that song is a shining beacon of hope for anyone who is looking to reclaim their life.  I love you
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:27 pm

Thank you, Lion... to be honest with you I am not worried about my age, even though I do joke about it a lot. I definitely have a young spirit and I'll probably be like this until I'm in my death bed! LOL. So, let's finish this topic so we can choose one that is not like a psychological monologue about my life  Razz

Z..... Zombie, by Cranberries, 1993. One of my favourite songs ever, became important to me in 1994 when I went to London for the first time. We lived in Brixton, in a bedsit, and we used to go to this Irish pub nearby where I learned to love this song... I even had this Irish boyfriend that was the whitest guy I have ever met in real life.... great memories ♥

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:24 pm

(I thought about posting Zombie too, it was the only Z that jumped out at me but again, it's never had life-defining significance for me... Not yet at least!)

I'm guessing the joking about age must be a woman thing, as in my experience you all seem to do it! LOL.

Sounds like you've done a lot of living life, which is really cool - many don't live like you've mentioned you already have in this most recent game! It's phase I'm not finished yet, as there are a lot of experiences I want to have yet before I think about settling down(If "settling down" is even a thing anymore! Personally I'm hoping it's something that's being changed TBH)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:20 pm

Lion... what does it mean 'settling down' for you? Because it may mean something different... to me it means getting married, having two kids, buying a house, getting a pet etc. I have done all that and yet I still don't feel I have settled down! LOL

I tell you what I tell my children: do something with your life, make sacrifices to make the future easier (study) but don't forget to live, because at the end of the day all we have are memories and all we become one day are memories. So make sure you fill your life with special little moments. 

I have done lots but I still have sooo much more to do! So many places to visit! Many boxes to tick!
After all, we only regret the things we didn't do.

Wink I love you
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:57 pm

That’s actually very refreshing to hear your story so far, that you’ve done the things commonly associated with settling down and haven’t let it kill your spirit and sense of adventure like many seem to do. You have an awesome outlook.

For me, settling down means losing motivation to follow and live your dreams, settling for 2nd best, choosing a safe and boring lifestyle over an exciting and fulfilling one - all things which I can’t see myself ever doing. I always want to follow my dreams!
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:10 pm

And you should do just that! Follow your dreams!

The safe / mundane / boring are still part of life, you need them too, but they don't need to become your chains and stop you from trying to achieve all your dreams. But don't forget we are all different, some people are happy living safe mundane lives and there's nothing wrong with that... you just have to live your own way. 

I have days off when all I do is lie down and read a book, that's safe and mundane but still part of what I love and still part of having a good life.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:38 pm

Yes, that's a really good point - I do that too, have different days when I want to live at different speeds and do different things.

Yeah, that's it I guess - different people are just as happy doing different things and living different ways. I guess I'm one of the more restless ones! LOL
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:29 am

LOL Same here, there is sooo much to discover and feel... 

Anywhoo, let's get the game back.....

NEW TOPIC!

FAVOURITE DESSERTS  cherry
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:45 am

(LOL, I like that - not back on topic, let’s just get it back! LMAO)

A... Angel Delight.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:35 am

hahaha I'm a bloody foreign, I say strange things, don't forget!  Razz

B....... Banoffee Pie....... oh gawd I want some Banoffee pie right now lol
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down