GM Crops...

Go down

GM Crops... Empty GM Crops...

Post by Rockhopper on Mon May 25, 2015 7:44 pm

No I don'r mean a car maker! I'm talking about Maize and Wheat.

A part report that was in a editorial in a local paper here. The link provided take you to the abstract.

In 2012, Professsor Seralini of the University of Caen in France led a team that carried out research into the health impacts on rats fed GMOs (genetically modified organisms). The two-year long study concluded that rats fed GMOs experienced serious health problems compared to those fed non GM food. Not long after, a new major peer-reviewed study emerged that threw into question the claim often forwarded by the biotech sector that GMO technology increases production and is beneficial to agriculture.

Researchers at the University of Canterbury in New Zealand found that the GM strategy used in North American staple crop production is limiting yields and increasing pesticide use compared to non-GM farming in Western Europe. Led by Professor Jack Heinemann, the study’s findings were published in the June 2013 edition of the International Journal of Agricultural Sustainability. The research analysed data on agricultural productivity in North America and Western Europe over the last 50 years.

Heinemann’s team found that the combination of non-GM seed and management practices used by Western Europe is increasing corn yields faster than the use of the GM-led package chosen by the US. The research showed rapeseed (canola) yields increasing faster in Europe without GM than in the GM-led package chosen by Canada. What is more, the study found that Europe is decreasing chemical herbicide and achieving even larger declines in insecticide use without sacrificing yield gains, while chemical herbicide use in the US has increased with GM seed. [emphasis mine]

The abstract Source.

Tim.

Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Posts : 4282
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 75
Location : Island Paradise

Back to top Go down

GM Crops... Empty Re: GM Crops...

Post by Rockhopper on Mon May 25, 2015 8:01 pm

Here.

Here.

And a warning!

Genetically modified foods…
Are they Safe?

The American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM) doesn’t think so. The Academy reported that “Several animal studies indicate serious health risks associated with GM food,” including infertility, immune problems, accelerated aging, faulty insulin regulation, and changes in major organs and the gastrointestinal system. The AAEM asked physicians to advise patients to avoid GM foods.
Before the FDA decided to allow GMOs into food without labeling, FDA scientists had repeatedly warned that GM foods can create unpredictable, hard-to-detect side effects, including allergies, toxins, new diseases, and nutritional problems. They urged long-term safety studies, but were ignored.

Here.

But wait -- there's more!;

Here.


Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Posts : 4282
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 75
Location : Island Paradise

Back to top Go down

GM Crops... Empty Re: GM Crops...

Post by Lenzabi on Mon May 25, 2015 8:33 pm

Yeah GMO crops are the biggest, longest running legal scam ever! The only thing they yield is money for the Big Agro corps who make them for surviving their herbicides and pesticides

_________________
Warning!: Those who knock on Dragon's doors un-announced may be flame broiled, unless they bear chocolate/wine, or good foods
GM Crops... Div20a11
Once they have tried scales, everything else pales! Twisted Evil
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Posts : 2319
Join date : 2014-06-11
Age : 55
Location : Earth

Back to top Go down

GM Crops... Empty Re: GM Crops...

Post by Rockhopper on Tue May 26, 2015 2:09 am

That is the reason for then Len. Money and control, control the food -- control the people.

No GM crop produces better than it's natural counterpart.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Posts : 4282
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 75
Location : Island Paradise

Back to top Go down

GM Crops... Empty Re: GM Crops...

Post by Lenzabi on Wed May 27, 2015 3:47 am

@Rockhopper wrote:That is the reason for then Len. Money and control, control the food -- control the people.

No GM crop produces better than it's natural counterpart.

Tim.


And the fact that they are using us as their long term test subjects ought to piss people off more than it seems to

_________________
Warning!: Those who knock on Dragon's doors un-announced may be flame broiled, unless they bear chocolate/wine, or good foods
GM Crops... Div20a11
Once they have tried scales, everything else pales! Twisted Evil
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Posts : 2319
Join date : 2014-06-11
Age : 55
Location : Earth

Back to top Go down

GM Crops... Empty Re: GM Crops...

Post by Stargate on Fri May 29, 2015 10:21 am

@Lenzabi wrote:
@Rockhopper wrote:That is the reason for then Len. Money and control, control the food -- control the people.

No GM crop produces better than it's natural counterpart.

Tim.


And the fact that they are using us as their long term test subjects ought to piss people off more than it seems to

Len, it does not piss people off, they have no other choice than to believe everything they read as long as it was sanctified by some learned being from some recognized scientific lab. If you Len, were to go to one of these institution and tell what you think about GM foods, they would confine you and put you in a cell so you do not contaminate the already mad believers.

Stargate

Posts : 2013
Join date : 2014-06-14

Back to top Go down

GM Crops... Empty Re: GM Crops...

Post by Lenzabi on Fri May 29, 2015 4:28 pm

@Stargate wrote:
And the fact that they are using us as their long term test subjects ought to piss people off more than it seems to

Len, it does not piss people off, they have no other choice than to believe everything they read as long as it was sanctified by some learned being from some recognized scientific lab. If you Len, were to go to one of these institution and tell what you think about GM foods, they would confine you and put you in a cell so you do not contaminate the already mad believers.[/quote]


Hence why I speak out online when I can, and others already have spoken out, but the majority are all unaware in their safe little bubbles of warmth and fuzzy

_________________
Warning!: Those who knock on Dragon's doors un-announced may be flame broiled, unless they bear chocolate/wine, or good foods
GM Crops... Div20a11
Once they have tried scales, everything else pales! Twisted Evil
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Posts : 2319
Join date : 2014-06-11
Age : 55
Location : Earth

Back to top Go down

GM Crops... Empty Re: GM Crops...

Post by Stargate on Fri May 29, 2015 4:55 pm

@Lenzabi wrote:
@Stargate wrote:
And the fact that they are using us as their long term test subjects ought to piss people off more than it seems to

Len, it does not piss people off, they have no other choice than to believe everything they read as long as it was sanctified by some learned being from some recognized scientific lab. If you Len, were to go to one of these institution and tell what you think about GM foods, they would confine you and put you in a cell so you do not contaminate the already mad believers.


Hence why I speak out online when I can, and others already have spoken out, but the majority are all unaware in their safe little bubbles of warmth and fuzzy[/quote]

The problem most of us have is waking up the masses. Have you ever heard Of the German Philosopher Hegel? He predicted that the masses would become so influenced by government that they would be like children. In the end they would be so engulfed in self they could be manipulated like taken cake from a baby.

Stargate

Posts : 2013
Join date : 2014-06-14

Back to top Go down

GM Crops... Empty Re: GM Crops...

Post by Lenzabi on Fri May 29, 2015 5:04 pm

Aye, and children are very much like what we have now. Dumbing down the education system, rather than ramping it up so that critical thinking and objective reasoning are let ill college, when it is needed in at the lowest stage in middle school, (better if in elementary, but well, one thing at a time). Sadly I see at the present rate of things going as they are that our ecosphere has limited time left. The planet will be okay, it will heal over time and a fresh ecosphere will form. Whether Humanity makes it through has yet to be seen.

_________________
Warning!: Those who knock on Dragon's doors un-announced may be flame broiled, unless they bear chocolate/wine, or good foods
GM Crops... Div20a11
Once they have tried scales, everything else pales! Twisted Evil
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Posts : 2319
Join date : 2014-06-11
Age : 55
Location : Earth

Back to top Go down

GM Crops... Empty Re: GM Crops...

Post by Stargate on Fri May 29, 2015 5:15 pm

@Lenzabi wrote:Aye, and children are very much like what we have now. Dumbing down the education system, rather than ramping it up so that critical thinking and objective reasoning are let ill college, when it is needed in at the lowest stage in middle school, (better if in elementary, but well, one thing at a time). Sadly I see at the present rate of things going as they are that our ecosphere has limited time left. The planet will be okay, it will heal over time and a fresh ecosphere will form. Whether Humanity makes it through has yet to be seen.

I could not agree more Len.

Stargate

Posts : 2013
Join date : 2014-06-14

Back to top Go down

GM Crops... Empty Re: GM Crops...

Post by Lenzabi on Fri May 29, 2015 7:13 pm

@Stargate wrote:
@Lenzabi wrote:Aye, and children are very much like what we have now. Dumbing down the education system, rather than ramping it up so that critical thinking and objective reasoning are let ill college, when it is needed in at the lowest stage in middle school, (better if in elementary, but well, one thing at a time). Sadly I see at the present rate of things going as they are that our ecosphere has limited time left. The planet will be okay, it will heal over time and a fresh ecosphere will form. Whether Humanity makes it through has yet to be seen.

I could not agree more Len.


My roommate is hopeful that someone will invent a way to save the eco-sphere, but I am not holding my breath

_________________
Warning!: Those who knock on Dragon's doors un-announced may be flame broiled, unless they bear chocolate/wine, or good foods
GM Crops... Div20a11
Once they have tried scales, everything else pales! Twisted Evil
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Posts : 2319
Join date : 2014-06-11
Age : 55
Location : Earth

Back to top Go down

GM Crops... Empty Re: GM Crops...

Post by Stargate on Sat May 30, 2015 10:31 am

Dumbing down the education system, rather than ramping it up so that critical thinking and objective reasoning are let ill college, when it is needed in at the lowest stage in middle school, (better if in elementary, but well, one thing at a time).

Critical thinking is very important to understand, It has so much to do with observation. I also believe in starting this process as early as possible. I am not sure critical thinking itself can be taught in schools, but I do think observation can be taught which would lead to critical thinking. I know that if children were taught how to observe they would think critically and we would not be here where we are today. I do not think critical thinking would suite the so called self chosen few. Just imagine critical thinkers would question all the trumped up motives and argue them before any implantation could take place.

The other point you brought up is objective reasoning. If one cannot objectively reason we cannot understand madness. We go out and murder one another and put one another into slavery and think that is the way to solve peoples problem. If we cannot express ourselves other than subjectively, how can we empathize with others?

You know Len, one of the reason I stopped running around the forums was because I could not find enough objective reasoning out there. Some places I could not even mention where I come from, the level of discussion would suffer because of preconceived crystallized ideas. I think this problem comes from the understanding of the dived self as opposed to the undivided self. This could also be taught in the schools.

Stargate

Posts : 2013
Join date : 2014-06-14

Back to top Go down

GM Crops... Empty Re: GM Crops...

Post by Lenzabi on Sat May 30, 2015 11:27 am

@Stargate wrote:
Dumbing down the education system, rather than ramping it up so that critical thinking and objective reasoning are let ill college, when it is needed in at the lowest stage in middle school, (better if in elementary, but well, one thing at a time).

Critical thinking is very important to understand, It has so much to do with observation. I also believe in starting this process as early as possible. I am not sure critical thinking itself can be taught in schools, but I do think observation can be taught which would lead to critical thinking. I know that if children were taught how to observe they would think critically and we would not be here where we are today. I do not think critical thinking would suite the so called self chosen few. Just imagine critical thinkers would question all the trumped up motives and argue them before any implantation could take place.

The other point you brought up is objective reasoning. If one cannot objectively reason we cannot understand madness. We go out and murder one another and put one another into slavery and think that is the way to solve peoples problem. If we cannot express ourselves other than subjectively, how can we empathize with others?

You know Len, one of the reason I stopped running around the forums was because I could not find enough objective reasoning out there. Some places I could not even mention where I come from, the level of discussion would suffer because of preconceived crystallized ideas. I think this problem comes from the understanding of the dived self as opposed to the undivided self. This could also be taught in the schools.


Yes basics would be to teach the young observation and then the thinking for themselves would start then. And I do bring such to light as it is needed that our future population cease being mindless dones who work, make their money then spend it on whatever commercials sank into their heads and directed to purchase product-X. People need to look carefully at issues, and then see what answers they want to see rather than be told what works based on the loudest shouts of the loudest pundits. It would certainly be less comfortable for those "chosen few", and would allow a smoother civilization.

Yes, some of us emphasize better than others, we do have our own triggers for subjective decision making, yet with objective reasoning, I can say "Wait, am I opposed or for this because of A? or because of B?

Then there is that, folks get locked in to mindsets for many reasons. I would like to see that shaken up as well. I do look into things and try to figure if I should be shrill in making alarms, or try and present the case in a calmer fashion? the answer is that for some thngs, one can be calmer and more deliberate in how one presents a case for topic and the solutions that may help.,Other issues and topics require more immediate thinking, so there fore my reasoning states that it is the time to "pull the fire alarm" as the present human mindset for example regarding the biosphere is to take it slow and easy it will not be needing immediate action, yet the scientists have concluded that indeed, humans need to think of solutions NOW not tomorrow, not for another generation to worry about as they have made it clear that the window of opportunity to help fix things and avoid the Point of No Return is extremely close, like a bear breathing down our necks as we run down hill to avoid it.Wait till 2050 and it will certainly be far too late maybe not for me, or you, but those who have kids/grand-kids, those are the ones who will be left with the ruins of what we once had and did not cherish.

Sadly, too many are blinded by imaginary currency symbols in their eyes to see the dangers.

_________________
Warning!: Those who knock on Dragon's doors un-announced may be flame broiled, unless they bear chocolate/wine, or good foods
GM Crops... Div20a11
Once they have tried scales, everything else pales! Twisted Evil
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Posts : 2319
Join date : 2014-06-11
Age : 55
Location : Earth

Back to top Go down

GM Crops... Empty Re: GM Crops...

Post by Stargate on Sun May 31, 2015 4:32 pm

Sadly, too many are blinded by imaginary currency symbols in their eyes to see the dangers.

Sadly I too think the planet is already responding, and as I know it life owes, nor borrows. Although it might sound a little weird I think our planet has been invaded by thought waves not so much out of earth own experience, but from some other culture from some other part of our universe.

Have you ever asked yourself where did this craziness start, and why you and many like you think so differently. It is as if we know something different and cannot remember exactly what it is. In the end the universe is bigger than our minds capacity to understand. Anything and everything is possible, limits are within the confines of limitlessness. Our beings are tied to the confinements of our subjective consciousness. Phenomena is tied to our present perceptions, and our center point of gravity is surrounded by the force field of of our entity. As you say our ecosystem will recover with or without life forms such as ours.

Stargate

Posts : 2013
Join date : 2014-06-14

Back to top Go down

GM Crops... Empty Re: GM Crops...

Post by Lenzabi on Sun May 31, 2015 5:13 pm

Ah, but how many here, in these shells have awakened to the ideas that they are beings of totally different designs than human? just trapped in these hairless primate bodies that act as the present vessels for interaction with this world and others in it?

The insanity though seems to have been part of the mindset some had of the need/desire to amass more wealth than they or their antecedents could ever possibly use up in several lifetimes. They got their high tax rates reduced so that they could further amass vast sums out of our economy, but at the costs to it, others, and due to the processes, the ecology of this world and it's population.

The major source of limits mentally speaking are that our culture says we are such. And yet, there exist today constructions of such a nature that modern devices would have difficulty moving into place, yet it was done, and all over the planet.

Our present mindset of ancient humans is that the world had cultures so isolated until the lauded explorers of the 1500-1600's connected them, yet I see evidence that world travel and trade existed amongst humans for far longer and was more wide spread than we modern types give them credit for.

But even back then, the desire for amassed shiny things infected the hearts and minds of men and women even in earliest times.That Greed infection has been with us and has grown until it has taken over those who are in charge and their masters.

So, yes, I have observed many things of the past 51yrs. Many are bad, others were good. Once I have my self back in Dragon form, I may have to come see what the place here is like post human, or post troubles and see what the humans are living like.

_________________
Warning!: Those who knock on Dragon's doors un-announced may be flame broiled, unless they bear chocolate/wine, or good foods
GM Crops... Div20a11
Once they have tried scales, everything else pales! Twisted Evil
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Posts : 2319
Join date : 2014-06-11
Age : 55
Location : Earth

Back to top Go down

GM Crops... Empty Re: GM Crops...

Post by Stargate on Sun May 31, 2015 5:31 pm

So, yes, I have observed many things of the past 51yrs. Many are bad, others were good. Once I have my self back in Dragon form, I may have to come see what the place here is like post human, or post troubles and see what the humans are living like.

We will see Len, maybe earth is contemplating what move to make. In the mean time we keep on living and try to accept the moment.

Stargate

Posts : 2013
Join date : 2014-06-14

Back to top Go down

GM Crops... Empty Re: GM Crops...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum