How About One of These?...

Go down

How About One of These?...

Post by Rockhopper on Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:08 pm

A hover trike!



Tim.
avatar
Rockhopper

Posts : 4282
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 74
Location : Island Paradise

Back to top Go down

Re: How About One of These?...

Post by Agartha on Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:59 am

Yeah...... not for me, thank you very much....... lol
avatar
Agartha
Admin

Posts : 13041
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: How About One of These?...

Post by Kaere on Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:24 am

First thing I thought was how much something like that could help search and rescue when it comes to evacuating a person out of awkward landscapes, etc.

But wow that contraption seems dangerous... nothing between the pilot and the spinning knives o' death (erm... rotors).






.
avatar
Kaere

Posts : 26314
Join date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: How About One of These?...

Post by Stargate on Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:02 pm

@Rockhopper wrote:A hover trike!



Tim.

Did not get the link.

Stargate

Posts : 2013
Join date : 2014-06-14

Back to top Go down

Re: How About One of These?...

Post by Stargate on Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:15 pm

@Kaere wrote:First thing I thought was how much something like that could help search and rescue when it comes to evacuating a person out of awkward landscapes, etc.

But wow that contraption seems dangerous... nothing between the pilot and the spinning knives o' death (erm... rotors).

I don't think it would be used for rescuing anyone, we already have so much rescuing vehicles.

Stargate

Posts : 2013
Join date : 2014-06-14

Back to top Go down

Re: How About One of These?...

Post by Kaere on Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:36 pm

@Stargate wrote:
I don't think it would be used for rescuing anyone, we already have so much rescuing vehicles.

Not much in the way of getting someone out of a tricky situation like if they fall down a cliff or are hiking and break a limb (for examples)... and the only way to them is for rescue services to put their own lives at risk to rappel down. A quick and easy way down that doesn't require immense landing space like a helicopter does would be very welcome, I would think.

I like to see all kinds of positive potential when it comes to new gadgetry Very Happy
avatar
Kaere

Posts : 26314
Join date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: How About One of These?...

Post by Stargate on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:21 pm

@Kaere wrote:
@Stargate wrote:
I don't think it would be used for rescuing anyone, we already have so much rescuing vehicles.

Not much in the way of getting someone out of a tricky situation like if they fall down a cliff or are hiking and break a limb (for examples)... and the only way to them is for rescue services to put their own lives at risk to rappel down. A quick and easy way down that doesn't require immense landing space like a helicopter does would be very welcome, I would think.

I like to see all kinds of positive potential when it comes to new gadgetry Very Happy

You could be right, maybe it could solve some tricky situation.

Stargate

Posts : 2013
Join date : 2014-06-14

Back to top Go down

Re: How About One of These?...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum