The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federal Reserve: All That Commotion for Nothing

4 posters

Go down

Federal Reserve: All That Commotion for Nothing Empty Federal Reserve: All That Commotion for Nothing

Post by Stargate Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:52 pm

First the US dollar is quite high against the European and some other currencies. It must be affecting the productive sector to sell their goods and services abroad. Further the Greek problem is threatening Europe, and really the world. On the other hand I am hearing sounds as if the Feds are planing to rise interest rates. The way I am seeing it, that would be a disaster if the productive sector have to pay more for borrowing. I do not think I am looking at it correctly because I cannot see what would drive the Feds to go in that direction when it could be a death blow in terms of US products across the board.
I am almost sure this move will affect the world economy, why do they want to do this now?

Can anyone throw some light on the subject.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Federal Reserve: All That Commotion for Nothing Empty Re: Federal Reserve: All That Commotion for Nothing

Post by Rockhopper Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:36 am

The Feds are commissioned to keep inflation low Star. They do it by raising the interest rates. The down side is that doing so tends to squeeze the economy as you say.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Federal Reserve: All That Commotion for Nothing Empty Re: Federal Reserve: All That Commotion for Nothing

Post by Rogue Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:51 am

Greece could make alot of things interesting...
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:22 am

Rogue wrote:
Greece could make alot of things interesting...

Indeedy Roggie! Two weeks is all they have left!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:50 am

Rockhopper wrote:The Feds are commissioned to keep inflation low Star. They do it by raising the interest rates. The down side is that doing so tends to squeeze the economy as you say.

Tim.

I have been following this rising the interest rate thing, and I seem to not be understanding the reason they are aiming to raise it at this time when as the economic guru's are saying its way too early. The big problem as I see it, lies in Europe, it can be detrimental to the US if the European economy falters. What I am not understanding is this. Is the risk worth a down turn in the world economy? What would happen to the US economy if the Fed's did not raise the interest rates. This is a little out of my league, I am telling myself their is something I am not getting.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:52 pm

If the Feds don't raise the interest rates inflation starts to eat away any gains in the economy Star. It becomes a double-edged sword. Increase the rate and squeeze the economy or not and allow inflation to do it. Either way we are screwed!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:18 pm

Rockhopper wrote:If the Feds don't raise the interest rates inflation starts to eat away any gains in the economy Star. It becomes a double-edged sword. Increase the rate and squeeze the economy or not and allow inflation to do it. Either way we are screwed!

Tim.

OK Tim, I think I am beginning to get it. The rising problem in Europe does not leave much choice. It is a matter of do or die for the US, inflation will do it if the fed's do not.

I have just heard on the news that the meeting in Greece did not go well, Europe is running out of time, not just the Greeks.

At the same time the Pope is telling the politicians they have to change their thinking in terms of global warming

Thanks for your response Tim..

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:38 pm

The sh--t is about to hit the fan, please excuse my expression, I could not find a better one to show the seriousness of Europe's dilemma. The people of Greece  are on the verge of panic. I once said some time ago, Greece would turn to Russia and it seems Russia is going to grab the bait. This will bring about a shift in NATO, and consequently bring us a step closer to war.

Europe cannot afford to let Greece go on one hand,  on the other it cannot afford to keep it in the Euro family. I know this also ties in with the Asian trade bill the US president could not get past his own party which is now being supported by the opposition. We though we had seen it all but we were wrong.

My goodness things are changing faster that anyone could imagine. Tighten your seat belts, anyone who were not following the side roads should prepare for a jolt.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:53 pm

We are in to an interesting time Star.

The Euro is on it's last legs and was always an artificial currency. Spain and Italy are on the verge of default and Ireland is in dire straits too.

Iceland was the only country to come out of the Recession okay and they did it by not bailing out their banks. They let the banks fail and put several bankers in gaol for their misdeeds. That upset Gordon Brown of the UK who demanded that the Icelandic taxpayers bail out the banks. Iceland just said, "Up yours!"

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:13 pm

You know Tim, no one gets away in life, sooner or later we all have to realize what goes around comes around. The European Union came together when they though it was economically beneficial to them. The US Federal government came together when they though it was beneficial to them. They used African people to amass tremendous wealth, and deprived the native American of their home rights. In the final analysis it was harder to maintain than to colonize.

Now we see although it has taken some 250 to 300 years, the truth is coming to the surface. Nothing last that long if it is ill begotten, and it has nothing to do with race or color. It is simply the laws that governs the earth.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:52 pm

Federal Reserve, so many folks do not understand the name is just that, a name, it is a privately or corporately owned institution.

So many ways of wealth gathering has always been the Human tendency to go with disguised or thinly veiled "Pyramid schemes" always others help the one or few get tot he top tiers and they piss all over the ones that made it possible for them to be there. The best case was when we had the "New Deal" and restrictions and regulations put them under a leash to behave. Now all of that has been ripped apart the past 40yrs and we see the pre 1929 crash era coming back around because of Greedy Idiots/psychs/sociopaths that desired to amass insanely un needed amounts of personal wealth and screw all others.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:02 am

Lenzabi wrote:Federal Reserve, so many folks do not understand the name is just that, a name, it is a privately or corporately owned institution.

So many ways of wealth gathering has always been the Human tendency to go with disguised or thinly veiled "Pyramid schemes" always others help the one or few get tot he top tiers and they piss all over the ones that made it possible for them to be there. The best case was when we had the "New Deal" and restrictions and regulations put them under a leash to behave. Now all of that has been ripped apart the past 40yrs and we see the pre 1929 crash era coming back around because of Greedy Idiots/psychs/sociopaths that desired to amass insanely un needed amounts of personal wealth and screw all others.

In the famous saying, "what goes around, comes around' I hear you Len.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:17 am

Karma Star. The next crash is going to be a doosey! Simply because Wall St, and London have not learned from the past mistakes.

When will it happen? Who knows but it won't be long.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:13 am

And a crash will be bad if the government does not act as quickly as FDR did, here are nutters here waiting to start their own Amerikan Reich
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:15 am

So many people that will not know what hit them, or whats hitting them.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down