The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaol the Bankers...

3 posters

Go down

Gaol the Bankers... Empty Gaol the Bankers...

Post by Rockhopper Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:27 am

While the U.S. is busily and boldly jailing hapless poor black people over unpaid speeding tickets, Iceland doggedly persists in going after the true scofflaws - gluttonous bankers who eight years ago crashed that country's economy. In two separate rulings last week, Icelandic courts sentenced five top bankers at the country's largest banks - three managers at Landsbankinn, two at Kaupping and a prominent investor - to prison terms of up to five years, thus righteously putting away 26 lords of capitalism's "holy churches" for a combined 74 years.

The rulings from the Supreme Court of Iceland and the Reykjavík District Court came after the banksters had been found guilty of market manipulation, embezzlement, and breach of fiduciary duties. They will join former colleagues - helpfully dubbed "bankers behind bars" by an obliging media - regularly convicted over the past several years, including eleven sentence of at least four and a half years in prison; the current maximum penalty for financial crimes in Iceland is six years, but the Supreme Court is considering expanding it.

Of course, Iceland's diligent ongoing prosecution and conviction of its economic kingpins stands in sharp sorry contrast to the U.S., which blithely bailed out carpetbaggers like Wells Fargo, Citibank and Chase with $700 billion in taxpayers' money, and then failed to prosecute, convict or even slap the wrist of a single scumbag among them. Adding incomprehensible insult to infuriating injury, many executives went on to earn obscene bonuses for their transgressions.

From Here.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Gaol the Bankers... Empty Re: Gaol the Bankers...

Post by Stargate Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:06 pm

I hope that will be copied by a lot of countries, but I don't think I am going to hold my breath Tim. 

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:10 pm

Good for Iceland! Shame it seems the US will not do so as the Government is bought and paid for here.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down