The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken Politics...

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Broken Politics... Empty Broken Politics...

Post by Rockhopper Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:16 pm

Our politics are broken and toxic: How both party elites betrayed our trust, birthed Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump...

Bernie Sanders’ victory in Michigan Tuesday may have terrified Democratic Party elites and liberal pragmatists all over, but it reflects something much more fateful than a serve or a curveball in these primary games. It suggests that more Americans than just 20-somethings are awakening to a reality much harder and darker than anything this election alone can resolve. Finally, Americans on both sides of the discredited partisan aisle are getting serious, even if they’re not quite sure where to go.

Many observers of the 2012 Republican primary debates remarked that the cacophonous chorus line of presidential hopefuls resembled a large troupe of clowns piling out of a tiny car in the circus. Sure enough, once they’d mounted the stage, Newt Gingrich proposed that Americans colonize the moon. The late Ron Paul retorted that the only justification for such a venture would be “to send all the politicians up there.” Most candidates really did seem to have come from the moon as they prattled on about putting people’s money back in their pockets and rewarding their heroism in Iraq as many in the television audience faced declining incomes, home foreclosures, and the war’s lies and wounds, and the attendant perversities erupting into American civic and social life.

Souirce.

Tim
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Broken Politics... Empty Re: Broken Politics...

Post by Lenzabi Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:17 am

And yet, Hillary is the champion of the Elite who rule the Democratic Party, and the Republican party is tearing apart. But there is also a major problem for the Dems, they are basically trying to say the votes of the newer voters and the re-invigorated older voters Bernie has fired up do not matter in the long run. Both parties are on the verge of ruin
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:35 am

Lenzabi wrote:And yet, Hillary is the champion of the Elite who rule the Democratic Party, and the Republican party is tearing apart. But there is also a major problem for the Dems, they are basically trying to say the votes of the newer voters and the re-invigorated older voters Bernie has fired up do not matter in the long run. Both parties are on the verge of ruin

I share your view Lenny, as we move along the axis of the elections it is increasingly popping up that both parties are in deep trouble and threatening to break apart.
As we have already detected, the main problem is not the political squabble but the economy. No one, and I really mean no one can stop the galloping economical train from derailing.
In a sense it would be better for Trump to win, and hope he can stop the train, rather than Hilary with no clue than follow Obama.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:57 pm

Whether the Bern wins the nod or not, he's started something that is not going to go away any time soon. He has become the Cause Celebre of the Occupy Movement.

If Hills gets the nod then Trumpy will win, he will make mince-meat out of Hills and her baggage.

Trumpy's problem is his up-bringing where he's been surrounded by Yesman and no-one has said no to him. He's going to tell the Chinese how he wants them to, behave and wants to do the same with Vlad.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:15 pm

Rockhopper wrote:

If Hills gets the nod then Trumpy will win, he will make mince-meat out of Hills and her baggage.

I don't think so Rock, there's alot of water to run under the bridge yet but Hillary will have Trump for breakfast  Wink
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:24 pm

There are problems in those views, either way, Hilary is not much different than Trump. Lol.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:29 pm

The US is buggered whatever happens.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:41 pm

Sadly Rogue, there seems to be a pattern when empires fall. I think Russia went through its own spiritual turmoil and rebounded, we don't know into what as yet.
America has accumulated a lot of problems playing the role of greatest country in the world. It is always lonely up there. America has a chance to review its way of life, make good on some of the bad. I don't want to sound as if I am not part of the problem, I think in a sense we are all responsible for what happens here, be it Canada, America, or Africa.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:59 pm

Stargate wrote:There are problems in those views, either way, Hilary is not much different than Trump. Lol.

I agree Star. They are both poor little rich kids, spoiled brats is a better description!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:59 pm

Rogue wrote:
The US is buggered whatever happens.

Dribbled a bib full there Roggie!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:43 pm

Trump would likely be a faster decline into full bore Fascism, and corporatocracy. The USA run by a sheister and slumlord.

Hillary wins, we slide slowly and incrementally into further Oligarchy and corporatocracy, there are also now accustions her campaign or maybe the Demo-Establishment have been causing de-railings and obstructions at county district levels, making that Bernie delegates and sup[poters leave early from prolonged, delayed caucuses, then they can have higher Hillary counts as the Bernie support went home discouraged. Hillary does not mean Democracy.

Bernie wins, we may get to head back to proper democracy and whittle away at the Oligarchy and corporatocracy that has taken over here. Bernie at least would also mean a flood of progressives for the 2018 mid-terms, giving him a more working and less obstructionist congress.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:03 am

Yes i totally agree Len. Trouble is i think the chance of Bernie getting the nomination now is slipping away Crying or Very sad
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:20 am

If you look back over what I have posted before about Bernie, I have consistently said that Bern won't make it. There is too much stacked against him. It is deliberately done too. The PTB will not allow any change that will affect them.

Why do I think Hills won't get in either? Outside of some areas where people are more enlightened, most of the US is still fundamental Christians who believe that a woman's place in in the kitchen looking after their husband and kids not running the country.

The MSM and the MIC have a strangle-hold on the economy as well, which puts Bernie at odds with them. Until that power is broken, people like Bern won't stand a chance. Only the Congress can break that power but that is not likely to happen either.

USians need to consider carefully who they vote for in the next mid-terms.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:37 pm

Yes, we who support Bernie are aware that he has a tough chance in the primaries, but we have half the nation to vote, of folks abroad, he won 69% of voters working overseas.
the rest of America is not Hillary's back yard, those states are behind us.

But yes, he is againstt he MSM/MIC/PTB, etc.

Also progressives in the mid terms would help shift the Dems back to the left, right now they are progressive on social issue, but conservative fiscally, as opposed to Progressive in both fields.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:03 am

Yes, Bernie is not viable for the big guys, the big bucks power brokers. He was tolerated to boost Hilary's bid for the white house. However there is a storm coming that might very well over turn the apple cart for Hilary. I don't think it will benefit Bernie though, we might see someone entering the race when it come to the crunch.
Just thinking out loud, the stakes are extremely high this time round.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:45 am

Hillary wins -- US is stuffed.

Trumpy wins -- World is stuffed!

Tim.

Edited to correct a misconception!

T.

Last edited by Rockhopper on Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:53 am

I think you've got it a bit backwards there, Tim. Trump will stomp all over the world... I really don't see much more than the status quo with Hillary and frankly that's not always a bad thing. Maintain the course and all that, don't fix it if it isn't broken. I think the US is in just fine shape atm, she's not going to ruin it.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:10 am

Thats pretty much how I see it too Kaere. Trump is likely to be bad for the world.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:27 am

I wish i could see something more in Hilary Clinton. I am trembling for the world in terms of the choices, we already know what Hilary is bringing to the table and it does not smell good.
I don't think America is in good shape, but I hope I am wrong, especially with the Trump card yet to be played.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:53 pm

Except that staying the course means we are running with a still broken ship that needs fixing, hence why folks are so hot for Bernie. Shit here is very badly broken, and people see it, they do not want status Quo which may further on down lead to them breaking more to appease the nutters.

We are like pre-collapse (very close pre-collapse) Rome. teetering. Not sure Canada could handle a devastated US waves of refugees fleeing the tyranny that will rise either quickly or in a few years from now if the Oligarchy wins with either trump or Hillary.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum