The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Islands of Shame

3 posters

Go down

Islands of Shame Empty Islands of Shame

Post by Rogue Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:42 am

New Plastic Garbage Patch Found In The South Pacific 

A decade ago, while sailing across a rarely traversed area between Hawaii and the U.S. mainland, oceanographer Captain Charles Moore stumbled upon the now-infamous North Pacific garbage patch, an enormous swathe of plastic pollution floating in the sea.

Now, Moore has confirmed the discovery of a second garbage patch in the same ocean, located in the South Pacific. Moore, who made the disturbing discovery during a six-month research trip, estimates that this polluted patch of plastic could span as much as a million square kilometres. That’s 1.5 times larger than Texas, and more than two times the size of California.

More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/south-pacific-garbage-patch_us_59818f92e4b0353fbb3387ac?fz&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Islands of Shame Empty Re: Islands of Shame

Post by Rockhopper Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:43 pm

Yup we are messy creatures!

"We are sorry - this video is not available in your location" 

Thank Hank for Zenmate VPN!!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:32 am

I don't think we are just messy creatures, I think we have lost rational and critical thinking. Something is draining our intellect. I think there is too much power allotted for the minorities of the world to rule the majority. When the world is dominated and afraid of the minority in power because of military and economical power, we end up with what the Greeks did namely the so called educated manipulated minority rule to become majority.
Western civilization alone cannot rule planet earth, there has to be an equatable redistribution of ideas and wealth. I am slowly beginning to see that the G20's and G7's and all the G's are Caucasians based and they have not lived up to running the world.
It is nothing to have fifty years of peace and 20 years of war. All the scientific advancement means nothing if we can't have peace, love and respect for each other.
In reality the European countries are no better than America if not worse.
When you think the white Europeans came to America and took the land away from the Indian people and have turned it into this CESSPOOL of madness, while the world watched and afraid because of the military power of these nations, I am now sure why I see the reason why planet earth is rebelling.
I am sorry I don't want to hurt anyone, I am just saying what I see. It does not make sense to be killing more people than we are creating. 

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum