The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biden in charge

5 posters

Go down

Biden in charge  Empty Biden in charge

Post by Rogue Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:06 am

I'm sure we all have a lot of hope and expectations of Biden and Harris taking up office from today. We did have a lot to say about his predecessor, so here's a thread so we can all move on to the next US chapter. Hopefully a much more positive chapter for the world.
Rogue
Rogue

Agartha and TrueCrazyLion like this post

Back to top Go down

Biden in charge  Empty Re: Biden in charge

Post by Agartha Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:25 am

I'm sure we'll have something to complain, he is a politician after all. But I sincerely believe he will be a normal  head of state and that the US will start mending relationships around the globe. 

There are many things I like about Biden, but his embracing of diversity and his dislike of the Tories and Brexit are the top ones! lol
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

TrueCrazyLion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:49 pm

YES!!!!!! He’s inaugurated!!!!! 

I’ve been watching the ceremony live on ITV!

Biden in charge  44691310

So so so happy... This feels like such a special moment.

Beautiful times have just begun!! I have faith! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Agartha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:33 am

He's not been in the White House 24 hours and he has already done so much good! For example:

-US now back in the Paris climate change agreement
-Back in the WHO
-End Muslim ban
-Stop building border wall
-Restore environmental safeguards... etc etc..

Amazing!
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:10 am

Wow, he’s already signed more executive orders in his first 24 hours in office than Trump signed in his first 2 weeks:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-55738746

Biden in charge  C9b49810

And it’s not just within his first 24 hours as President, more like his first 12 hours, as we’re only 19 hours into his Presidency even now!

This is awesome!! He really is wasting no time in sowing the seeds of massive positive change. Cleaning up Trump’s mess, applying the antitoxin. Brilliant work already!! Very Happy

Obviously there’s a mountain to climb, there’ll be setbacks and difficulties. But this is a very impressive start!

I’m feeling genuinely excited about what he might be able to do in future! Smile
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:46 am

The focus on transparency, openness and respect is very encouraging.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:25 am

Also, here’s the full transcript - as well as a video - of Biden’s Inauguration speech:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55656824

The pundits on ITV were slightly negative about it afterwards IMO, saying it wasn’t as good as JFK’s Inauguration speech for example. I think they were missing the point. I think it was an excellent speech, perfectly suited to the current political climate and times. I think Biden ticked all the right boxes and said all the things which America and its people needed to hear yesterday. It was perfect; functional and truthful, as well as inspirational.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:50 am

Just seen this a few minutes ago - the Biden administration has already been working to replace pro-Trump bosses at key broadcasting organisations:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/biden-news-live-trump-latest-today-b1791618.html%3famp

Yes!! This is very important IMO. He’s shutting down Fake News! Very Happy
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:30 am

Not sure that will do much. It's more the Murdoch media empire and the like that are the biggest problem. The negative Biden news reports started today... here we go again.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:33 pm

I don't think anything's going to be different tbh until the American people decide to stop approaching their politics with a competitive "us vs them" mentality. It shouldn't be teams against anything. Once a person has been elected they should ideally be working for and with everyone to make good things happen. Lobbying's gotta go too, ugh, that messes everything up.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:24 pm

I think that whatever happens it’ll take time for the changes Biden is making to start having an impact, that’s to be expected. But I think he’s being very positive and proactive and doing his best to make a difference early on, when his political influence is at its greatest. It’s a very good start.

And I don’t disagree, I think the whole political system in America needs to undergo logical changes in order to promote unity; maybe that can start happening under the Biden Administration too.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:50 am

Well, he is the guy Wallstreet wanted (Bernie got burned again!), just asd long as he stays their course, works on correcting trump's damages and does what they want of him we get mainly repairs to the status quo, do not expect much in the ways of major social enlightenment, Joe does what his corporate masters want.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:02 am

That’s an interesting point you make Lenz, about the President essentially being the figurehead of a much bigger corporate machine. I had heard and read some things about it in the past, and my mind is open to considering all eventualities, but I’ve never really known enough about the inner workings of the US Government to be able to comment; it’s an interesting thought though. Whatever the situation is behind the scenes, I hope it doesn’t detract from Biden’s power too much.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Lenzabi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:38 am

One year in now, it feels like his Presidency hasn’t been particularly eventful so far, but maybe that’s just what America needs after the last four horrible chaotic years before it.
Even to this day, I’m still so actively happy and glad that it’s Biden and not Trump in the Oval Office!
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:21 pm

The year has gone so quickly!

I'm also glad... unfortunately the UK still have the same clowns in power.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:17 pm

Wallstreets' pick has to do some spectacular moves soon, so far he is under criticism for a lack luster performance and back pedalling on promises he vowed to make good on.

We deserved Bernie, but Wallstreet pulled their cards and had Obama change the other candidates plans before super-tuesday, thus lifting a flailing Biden over Bernie as Bernie scares the corporate types on Wallstreet.

I sorry we will get Repuglicans in charge again and see the US decline further in a morass of holy-rollers and fascism.

America really needs more radical change to the left just to get us back on center of the line, it is almost ready to capsize to the right and sink into full blown tyranny.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:27 pm

Reality check, Biden is NOT in charge.

He has allowed the DINOs to run roughshod over his policies and destroy his admins stances and he thought he could somehow work with the radical right of the GOP who hate him just because he is a democrat.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:31 pm

I can’t disagree Lenz, as you’re over there experiencing the situation personally, and I’ve also heard other reports along these lines too.
It’s a shame that this is happening high up just when America needs strong leadership to help unite the country and also to see off any danger of a resurgence from Trump(It amazes me that I’m even having to type that! LOL). I wish Biden would step up more in that respect, after a promising start he seems to be faltering now.

I still find myself missing Obama as President, if I’m honest.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Lenzabi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:16 pm

Well, like I said before, Bernie scared the wallstreet bunch. Obama honestly was also one of their pets like Biden, Trump was too insane, so he got ousted after his 4yrs. Trump may see fed time of another sort soon, then the right wing has to find a new one that wallstreet may favor. America is an Oligarcchy, plutocracy, and as has been shown via manipulation in primaries and major elections is all in the hands of the Wealthy-crats and the normal voter gets stuck with whoever the wealthy want in position.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Mon May 01, 2023 4:56 pm

Omg... to think he wants another four years!
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down