The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ukraine

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ukraine - Page 2 Empty Re: Ukraine

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:47 am

Just watched the video! So interesting, on a number of levels. This guy has done some quality research!

It’s fascinating how history repeats! Putin seems to have a very rigid modus operandi which doesn’t make allowances for differing circumstances.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:57 am

Is Syria no longer supporting Russia?
North Korea took advantage of the situation to launch missiles into the sea Sad

I had a dream about mushroom clouds night before last.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:14 pm

Lion, the video is so factual, it clearly shows the history behind it. I want to watch the Georgia one too to see exactly what happened there (I know it wasn't that long ago but I don't think I ever really cared about it until now).

Kaere, Syria and Belarus are the only two countries supporting Russia right now. Regarding your dream, I don't think it's prophetic, I think it's just your fear playing in your mind ( a fear many of us are also feeling).
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:13 pm

I remember the Georgia situation Aggie, but only vaguely, for the same reasons. I was also surprised to begin with at how quickly this situation with Ukraine had escalated, as I knew this situation had been an issue to some extent at least since 2014. This video actually helped clarify my understanding of that part of the history a lot.

K, I agree with Aggie, I think it’s most likely to be a manifestation of the kind of fear a lot of us have been feeling; it’s terrifying when you perceive an imminent threat to world peace. I had a vivid nightmare about mushroom clouds back in January 2017, in the days immediately before Trump was inaugurated.

And yeah, I read about North Korea firing those missiles as well. They’re like the world-stage equivalent of an opportunistic and annoying mosquito.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:42 pm

Just read, the UN General Assembly voted and it's Russia, North Korea, Belarus, Eritrea, and Syria for Russia. Not a lot on their side. I don't think it's gonna matter, Russia's not going to stop at Ukraine.

Yes, of course it's my anxiety causing the dreams. I'm ANNOYED and ANGRY and SCARED. I learned how to duck and cover and heard reports of Russians flying overhead as a teen, worried about my country being bombed.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:10 am

I think it’s the first I’ve experienced something like this; the Cold War was before my time; I did freak out after September 11(The world event which I think woke me up to the reality that these disasters don’t just happen in movies) and feared a world war in the days after it, then again when Afghanistan was invaded a few weeks later, but nothing ultimately happened; I freaked out a bit when Iraq was invaded in 2003 as well; but this has been something else altogether.

I’m very angry about it too if I’m honest. This is the last thing anybody needed. We’ve just been through a horrible pandemic which has stretched my nerves to breaking point for the last 2 years, and just as looks like we’re finally coming out the other side of it, we have to deal with a crazy stupid man-made situation like this, just because some nutcase(s) in Russia has an attitude problem.

It frightens, disgusts and infuriates me all at once.

(And it’s 1000000 times worse for the Ukrainian people too, of course; my heart goes out to them.)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:10 pm

Just read this - 4 NATO Warships have docked in my city today:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/nato-warships-arrive-dundee-ukraine-26384362

https://news.stv.tv/north/two-nato-warships-dock-in-dundee-amid-russian-invasion-of-ukraine?amp

Can’t remember the last time warships docked here on duty, think it must’ve been in or before the early 90s.

But I’m actually glad they’re here. By coincidence I actually read up about NATO earlier tonight to refamiliarise myself, and actually, reading about what a strong alliance we are put my mind to rest a bit RE the Ukraine situation.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:52 am

I hope NATO will finally intervene! And I hope Ukranians and Polish people stop being racist to black foreigners that were living and studying in Ukraine and need help right now.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:52 am

I think NATO will continue to observe events for now and will continue to try to aid Ukraine in any way they can without doing anything which constitutes an act of war. 
But if Russia tries to invade any of the NATO countries, it and Putin will automatically be screwed.

And those people are being racist?! In the middle of an invasion like this? OMG!! Shocked
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:12 pm

TrueCrazyLion wrote:And those people are being racist?! In the middle of an invasion like this? OMG!! Shocked

African and Indian students were stopped from getting into trains as Ukranians had to go first.... check Twitter, looots of videos about it. They were also stopped by Poland from entering, because they were only allowing Ukranian refugees. I understand most of the black people were foreign students in Ukraine, but surely it didn't matter where they were from as they were escaping the Russian bombs? 

I totally support Ukranian people, but that was wrong on so many levels (even a Nigerian mum with a newborn baby had to spend the night in the freezing cold at the border with Poland because they wouldn't allow her in).  

https://www.independent.co.uk/world/ukraine-racism-refugees-russia-war-un-b2025771.html
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:57 pm

Wow… They’ve been both racist and xenophobic towards people. Disgusting.
When are people going to learn that every life is equally valuable?
That’s sickening to read about. Hoping those people who got left behind will get rescued! Sad
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:47 am

They have been helped now, very sad that it took international complaints to finally help those poor people. Germany has been great, as they have been giving refuge to anybody that was living in the Ukraine, regardless of citizenship.

But I wasn't even expecting that, if I was at the border I would let anybody in just to make sure they are safe. Then, their own country should help and repatriate. 

Now to hope Putin doesn't invade the whole country.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

TrueCrazyLion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:07 pm

That’s great to hear, that common sense has prevailed RE letting everyone out, even if it never should’ve been an issue! And you’re totally right, that’s the approach I’d take as well - just help everyone to escape!

I hope Putin soon stops with the invasion too, although the furthest Russia will ever go here is occupying the whole of Ukraine, unless they want a war with NATO which would inevitably destroy Russia.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:53 pm

Damn! Back to the Cold War for me, listening for the sirens, and what to do and such. My freaky childhood is back.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:04 am

So, the Russian forces are seemingly retreating now, at least from Kyiv. 
I’ve seen some of the news articles on it this afternoon. I began reading one and had to stop halfway through because it made me so upset.

“Unbelievable” is an overused word, but it really does beggar belief for me that a humanitarian crisis this bad is being flat-out perpetrated right in front of us. Now. In the 21st Century.

I’m not going to post what I saw because it was so distressing. The articles are online now for anyone who wants to see… They should come with warnings of some kind, I think.

This is being compared to the massacre in Srebrenica in 1995, which I was far too young at the time to fully understand the gravity of, so I’m not meaning to in any way trivialise that or disrespect those victims. But I’m getting the feeling that this is possibly even more extreme. 
Frankly, this reminds me of how the Nazis behaved during WW2. The sheer disgusting shamelessness of it.

Bless the people of Ukraine.  Ukraine - Page 2 2764 

If there’s a Hell, I hope Putin and Medvedev burn in it.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:34 am

I hope that post doesn’t come across as too fiery/intense/emotional, I was deeply triggered by what I saw in the article I read earlier and it tapped into a reservoir of subconscious emotions. I’ve not been that upset by anything for a long time… Hope it wasn’t too strong! Smile
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:43 am

Agartha wrote:Putin has managed to unite Europe like it hasn't been possible since the 1950s. He has also managed to unite the world against him. He's only got one ally left now, Belarus.

I still think this is the beginning of the end for the oligarch... he thought he would reclaim the old Soviet Union, instead he will face justice at The Hague.
I was reminded of this post by the new discoveries of Russian war crimes which are now being made. You were so right to say this!
I hope justice will get him before whatever illness he’s suffering from does.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:37 pm

I saw the video of what you are talking about and it was too hard to watch... I can't wait to see that awful man in the Hague.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

TrueCrazyLion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:11 am

The article which I read was on The Wall Street Journal site, and it didn’t have any videos that I saw but it did have a number of photos which were very graphic and which basically made me burst into tears as a kneejerk reaction. It was an article which I thought was very well written, and which I thought painted a clear picture in the reader’s mind of what has been happening. But the photos were too much for me TBH.

I feel a bit pathetic even saying that really, when I’m only looking at photos online which I can make disappear by navigating away from that article or closing my browser etc; I’m not being forced to live in the middle of that reality like those people currently are Sad
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:24 pm

The images were too much for me too, and I'm not a squeamish person.
War crimes, that's what they are doing. Genocide.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next