The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the Year 2050

+5
Kaere
Rockhopper
Monk (in hiding)
Stirky
Rogue
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

In the Year 2050 - Page 2 Empty Re: In the Year 2050

Post by Rogue Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:33 am

Mordae wrote:
Agartha wrote:Yes, the pyramids were built with chisels and stones, I still have the pictures I posted at the stream....and the instructions the Egyptians left.

VM, the weather where I live is not 'normal'; the local elderly tell me they used to have snow and very long harsh winters all the time, and not so much rain. Now there's never snow, it rains all the time and the overall temperature has been increasing.

We're the same here Ag's, the old blokes I yarn with were telling me about how water used to freeze in the pipes Shocked   Nothing even close to that now.

Hey not so much with the 'old' blokes bro! I remember going to school in the mornings just south of Auckland and the taps and pipes were all frozen, the water troughs had a thin sheet of ice over them, as did any little puddles (quite fun it was), and the countryside would be covered in frost. Nothing freezes up there any more, and frosts are even a bit of a rarity.

And here in Oz, I've kept aquarium fish for years now, never a problem. But the last three years during summer it gets so damn hot in the house that I struggle to keep the water temps down, I have to have the air con streaming into the room and ice packs in the water.

As Dylan said, the times they are a changing.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:48 am

Rockhopper wrote:Bronze can be made to be extremely tough, it was made into swords VM. It depends on the alloy of copper, tin and antimony generally. As a Structural Engineer I am well aware of the strengths and weaknesses of bronze alloys.

The bronze tools used in old Egypt had traces of nickel in them too which would have made them very hard and tough.

I have seen the investigation reports on the alloys used. You seem to be of the opinion that there is some sort of grand conspiracy to cover up everything regarding the Pyramids yet apparently you have never been there to see for yourself. I suggest politely that you do so and you will see how it was all done.

Before the Iron Age, Ancient Egyptians had no steel tools to use in consummating such works that can not be made at present without special tools such as power drills. In this context, anthropologists argue that although working methods used by ancient Egyptians were slower and harder, they were no less effective than ours today. Studies of remaining ancient tools and illustrations of sculptors at work show that their working modalities were as follows: The overall design was made, using a global-shaped hammer of more solid stone, then cut with a saw and sanded out. Stone was carved with pointed-end tools and drilled with a tool counterpoised with a bag of pebbles. Cutting devices were made of hammered copper sharpened with an abrasive material like modern sandpaper.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/construct.htm

If you have a problem then take it up with the authors at the above site.

Tim.

There are several specific behaviors that a narcissist might show, such as being critical or condescending, throwing a temper when things don’t go his or her way, being excessively controlling or always having to do things their way, displaying a know-it-all or arrogant attitude, always expecting special treatment.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:50 am

Rogue wrote:
Mordae wrote:
Agartha wrote:Yes, the pyramids were built with chisels and stones, I still have the pictures I posted at the stream....and the instructions the Egyptians left.

VM, the weather where I live is not 'normal'; the local elderly tell me they used to have snow and very long harsh winters all the time, and not so much rain. Now there's never snow, it rains all the time and the overall temperature has been increasing.

We're the same here Ag's, the old blokes I yarn with were telling me about how water used to freeze in the pipes Shocked   Nothing even close to that now.

Hey not so much with the 'old' blokes bro! I remember going to school in the mornings just south of Auckland and the taps and pipes were all frozen, the water troughs had a thin sheet of ice over them, as did any little puddles (quite fun it was), and the countryside would be covered in frost. Nothing freezes up there any more, and frosts are even a bit of a rarity.

And here in Oz, I've kept aquarium fish for years now, never a problem. But the last three years during summer it gets so damn hot in the house that I struggle to keep the water temps down, I have to have the air con streaming into the room and ice packs in the water.

As Dylan said, the times they are a changing.

Five to One

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:08 am

Rockhopper wrote:Bronze can be made to be extremely tough, it was made into swords VM. It depends on the alloy of copper, tin and antimony generally. As a Structural Engineer I am well aware of the strengths and weaknesses of bronze alloys.

The bronze tools used in old Egypt had traces of nickel in them too which would have made them very hard and tough.

I have seen the investigation reports on the alloys used. You seem to be of the opinion that there is some sort of grand conspiracy to cover up everything regarding the Pyramids yet apparently you have never been there to see for yourself. I suggest politely that you do so and you will see how it was all done.

Before the Iron Age, Ancient Egyptians had no steel tools to use in consummating such works that can not be made at present without special tools such as power drills. In this context, anthropologists argue that although working methods used by ancient Egyptians were slower and harder, they were no less effective than ours today. Studies of remaining ancient tools and illustrations of sculptors at work show that their working modalities were as follows: The overall design was made, using a global-shaped hammer of more solid stone, then cut with a saw and sanded out. Stone was carved with pointed-end tools and drilled with a tool counterpoised with a bag of pebbles. Cutting devices were made of hammered copper sharpened with an abrasive material like modern sandpaper.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/construct.htm

If you have a problem then take it up with the authors at the above site.

Tim.

Here's your pyramid building tools.... lsol

In the Year 2050 - Page 2 Cape2

and to think they built that great pyramid in 20 years! Surprised

Isn't it amazing how they built these with their stone age 'tool box'?

In the Year 2050 - Page 2 6305975282_6819440d53_z
black granite

Did they move these into the underground Serapeum with ropes and log rollers?

The combined weight is like 80 tons, that is 160,000 lbs.

In the Year 2050 - Page 2 Corbis-RW007067

How Do You Move a 340-Ton Artwork?

These are like 1,200 tons, almost three times the weight of the 340 ton artwork.

How could we move them into place today?

In the Year 2050 - Page 2 Balwshrp

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:26 am

In the Year 2050 - Page 2 Ancient-Egyptian-Pyramid-Rediscovered-at-Saqqara-3

In the Year 2050 - Page 2 Img_2135
Artifacts such as the above photo shows, with no inscriptions was recently documented by a team from Russia. The precision of the work could not have been achieved by the dynastic Egyptians, or later Greeks or Romans and thus predates all of them, and had to have been done by people who had advanced machining technology.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:37 am

VM, it's ok to read Incahiddentours but you should read other sites too, just to get a broader image of how clever and resourceful our ancestors were.

The ancient Egyptians left us instructions on how to build pyramids and stoneworking, they left unfinished stones that showed exactly how they were cut, they left unfinished obelisks where you can see how they really work with round stones, they left tools, images that show hundreds if not thousands of slaves carrying massive statues and blocks with just human power...... you don't even have to read, just get pictures of hieroglyphics and you'll see....

It's sad that we underestimate our brilliant brains so much.....

…..people like to believe in things, things that are much bigger than themselves, whether it’s god or aliens...how sad...
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:46 am

They did indeed Ags. I have seen the tools etc. personally.

I say to anyone who is really interested in Old Egypt to take a trip there and research it for themselves. The Museum in Cairo has literally thousands of tools, pictures, and all the other stuff that was used.

Most of those who think that some sort of ET assisted the Ancients have never actually studied the techniques that were (and in some cases still are) used. A man can move a huge weight with just simple levers and pivots. I know that because I have done it myself. If one man can do that then imagine what 20 or 200 men can move!

I don't think VM is here at present, he stormed off in a huff after I challenged him to properly research the data he was posting.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:55 am

Ah VM....... he'll be back, I like discussing with him because he sees things from a completely different point of view.

I haven' been to Egypt myself, and I wouldn't go right now because it's too unstable....... maybe one day Very Happy
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:48 pm

True Ags. It underestimates what our ancestors were capable of.

Mud saws were and still are used to cut very hard stone including granite. Bronze tools can be made hard and tough to work stone too and they were.

VM you need to stay away from those fringe sites mate, they do your head in. When you find such a site the first thing to do is find out what the qualifications of the author are, what papers they have published in recognised scientific publications and had a peer review. Temper what you say with ordinary commonsense.

When you are asked to back up what you post then do so but not by copy/pastes from other fringe sites, but in you own words. Explain why you think the way you do and why you get the conclusions that you get.

And, importantly, Don't ever resort to personal attacks! That just shows others that you have lost the debate.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:12 pm

Even if there was a mix of techniques, the fact that they could move the stones where our present day equipment fails shows they were way smarter than we give credit for.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:02 am

Very clever indeed Len.

When I was a young fella my Dad and I would recover huge logs from the swamp for the mills. Some of these would have been 15tonnes or more. We were lifting them a bit at a time with crow bars and blocks until we could get rester logs under them. It would take several weeks of steady, heavy work to do it but we could.

Imagine what 2000 men could do.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:00 am

Lenzabi wrote:Even if there was a mix of techniques, the fact that they could move the stones where our present day equipment fails shows they were way smarter than we give credit for.

Absolutely! Unfortunately we are a lot lazier than our ancestors used to be, we rely so much on technology and machines....... and I think my kids generations is even worse.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:32 am

Lazy and often too busy Ags. All that technology means that we can do more with less. Not always a good thing!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:25 am

Sadly, by 2050, storms will be more violent, and the air will be less healthy to breathe w/o respiratory filter masks. Monsanto's madness will create a new dust-bowl with the added nastiness of glyphosphate dust, and the GMO food may be shortening all lives due to digestive track cancers, the MRSA will stalk all who have over used cleaners with anti-biotic properties, the fishing fleets will find less edible fish, and wall will have to devour jellyfish based food bars with the GMO crops mixed in them. the 6th extinction well on it's way rolling along as our biosphere unravels around us due to corporate greed and their infinite growth concept.

We have oxygen dead zones already in the oceans bigger than all of Europe at times.
by 2100 what is left will be inside protective domes as the storms whip up the pollution and methane laced air at cyclonic proportions.

So sad that it should all come to this. So long and thanks for all the fish.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:06 pm

It may not come to that, Len.... don't forget doom and gloom sells and the media is full of that.
I know we need actions and no more words but I  have faith we will...... and don't forget that some scientists are also predicting a mini ice age....who knows......
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:10 am

Agartha wrote:It may not come to that, Len.... don't forget doom and gloom sells and the media is full of that.
I know we need actions and no more words but I  have faith we will...... and don't forget that some scientists are also predicting a mini ice age....who knows......

One can hope.

But the information is available regarding all the subjects, and I mean scientific, peer reviewed documents that point to many of the bad things, not the media fueled fear fun-fest, just the cold harsh facts that present behavior is reaching a PONR= Point of no return.

Once that thresh-hold is reached and passed, it will be harder to fix things than presently. Our leaders are in the pockets of the ones causing this harm, and they do not like shelling out the money to do the clean ups.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:26 am

I guess my kids will have to live like in the movie Mad Max... or Elysium.... but I am an optimist and I have faith in us..... we may still be able to save the future.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:07 am

Agartha wrote:I guess my kids will have to live like in the movie Mad Max... or Elysium.... but I am an optimist and I have faith in us..... we may still be able to save the future.

I would rather they get more like Star Trek when they got their stuff together and made Earth Paradise.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:26 am

Lenzabi wrote:Sadly, by 2050, storms will be more violent, and the air will be less healthy to breathe w/o respiratory filter masks. Monsanto's madness will create a new dust-bowl with the added nastiness of glyphosphate dust, and the GMO food may be shortening all lives due to digestive track cancers, the MRSA will stalk all who have over used cleaners with anti-biotic properties, the fishing fleets will find less edible fish, and wall will have to devour jellyfish based food bars with the GMO crops mixed in them. the 6th extinction well on it's way rolling along as our biosphere unravels around us due to corporate greed and their infinite growth concept.

We have oxygen dead zones already in the oceans bigger than all of Europe at times.
by 2100 what is left will be inside protective domes as the storms whip up the pollution and methane laced air at cyclonic proportions.

By 2050 relying on fossil fuels will be long over.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:57 am

Ω wrote:
Lenzabi wrote:Sadly, by 2050, storms will be more violent, and the air will be less healthy to breathe w/o respiratory filter masks. Monsanto's madness will create a new dust-bowl with the added nastiness of glyphosphate dust, and the GMO food may be shortening all lives due to digestive track cancers, the MRSA will stalk all who have over used cleaners with anti-biotic properties, the fishing fleets will find less edible fish, and wall will have to devour jellyfish based food bars with the GMO crops mixed in them. the 6th extinction well on it's way rolling along as our biosphere unravels around us due to corporate greed and their infinite growth concept.

By 2050 relying on fossil fuels will be long over.

One can only hope for safe, clean and useful alternatives to fossil fuels
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next