The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wealth Creators are not Wealth Creators!...

2 posters

Go down

Wealth Creators are not Wealth Creators!... Empty Wealth Creators are not Wealth Creators!...

Post by Rockhopper Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:55 pm

There is an inverse relationship between utility and reward. The most lucrative, prestigious jobs tend to cause the greatest harm. The most useful workers tend to be paid least and treated worst.

I was reminded of this while listening last week to a care worker describing her job. Carole’s company gives her a rota of, er, three half-hour visits an hour. It takes no account of the time required to travel between jobs, and doesn’t pay her for it either, which means she makes less than the minimum wage. During the few minutes she spends with a client, she may have to get them out of bed, help them on the toilet, wash them, dress them, make breakfast and give them their medicines. If she ever gets a break, she told the BBC radio programme You and Yours, she spends it with her clients. For some, she is the only person they see all day.

Is there more difficult or worthwhile employment? Yet she is paid in criticism and insults as well as pennies. She is shouted at by family members for being late and not spending enough time with each client, then upbraided by the company because of the complaints it receives. Her profession is assailed in the media as the problems created by the corporate model are blamed on the workers. “I love going to people; I love helping them, but the constant criticism is depressing,” she says. “It’s like always being in the wrong.”

From Here.

And Worst CEO's in Modern Times...

A who's who of sociopathic CEOs and where they are now!

A list Here.

I particularly like this quote;

The more costs and corners they cut, the more profitable their business will be. In other words, the less they care, the better they will do. The perfect chief executive, from the point of view of shareholders, is a fully fledged sociopath. (emphasis mine.)

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Wealth Creators are not Wealth Creators!... Empty Re: Wealth Creators are not Wealth Creators!...

Post by Lenzabi Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:35 pm

What a topsy turvy world this is!
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum