The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hillary...

2 posters

Go down

Hillary... Empty Hillary...

Post by Rockhopper Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:04 am

My view on Hills!

Hildebeaste has made things considerably worse for herself by the way she’s approached the campaign. She’s got a whopping case of that weird mental blind spot “the delusion of control”—the notion, as pervasive as it is preposterous, that when a member of America’s privileged classes does something, the rest of the cosmos is obliged to respond to that action in a wholly passive, wholly mechanical manner. For a world-class example, watch the way Clinton’s gang simply look blank each time they find out that most of the American people loathe and distrust their candidate, and try repeatedly to “reintroduce” her, as though they think they can just hit a reset button and start all over again.

For that matter, Clinton’s own attitude during the campaign so far reminds me of nothing so much as what happens when someone puts money into a defective vending machine. She’s fed the thing her money and pushed the right button, but the desired product hasn’t dropped to the bottom where she can get it. Now she’s jabbing the button over and over again, and in due time she’ll be pounding her fists on the thing and screaming at it because it won’t give her what she’s paid for. I honestly don’t think she’s ever, even for a moment, considered the possibility that the voting public isn’t simply a passive, mechanical mass that will spit up a presidency for her if she just manipulates in in the right way. I doubt it has entered her darkest dream that the American people might just up and decide to cast their votes to further their own interests rather than hers.
That analysis seems plausible to me for a variety of reasons, but high among them is the way that Clinton’s supporters among her own class-and-gender subcategory have demanded that all American women back the Clinton campaign. I’m thinking here particularly of Madeleine Albright, who made the news a little while back with a irate public statement insisting that “there’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.” That’s a common trope among a certain well-paid class of Second Wave feminists. It’s become controversial, and for good reason, among a great many other feminists, particularly in the partly overlapping sets of women of colour and women in the wage class. Listen to them, and you’ll hear at some length how they feel about being expected to help rich and influential women like Madeleine Albright pursue their goals, when they know perfectly well the favour won’t be returned in any way that matters.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Hillary... Empty Re: Hillary...

Post by Lenzabi Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:10 am

Well, the Clintons seem to be the DNC version of the Royal Family now that there are no Kennedys around for that post. Bernie is making Hillary work for that nomination, he is not just letting them hand her that on a silver platter.

But so you get more of an idea of the Clintons and all ought to read this who would vote for her
http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/02/26/the-clintons-and-wall-street-24-years-of-enriching-each-other/

Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down