The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Republican Convention

3 posters

Go down

The Republican Convention Empty The Republican Convention

Post by Lenzabi Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:35 pm

Okay, so our month of political conventions is now started, the Republicans have shown how bad they are with insane platform proposals, Trumps' daughter plagiarizing a speech given by Michelle Obama word-for-word, and that they made it official, they embraced the insane carrot man and he is officially their candidate for POTUS.

Of course the Libertarians have their Gary Johnson already picked so that is another of the right wing running.

The Democratic Convention is later this week, the 25th to be exact, and the DNC has made a huge rift having used cheating and other voter fraud and shenanigans to anoint her majesty HC to the same job Trump is going for. Unless by some miracle Bernie still gets it, But Hillary is not the Left, she is center-right, and the DNC has been slowly dropping all progressive planks of the platform, so much so that one of the people chosen by Bernie to help that platform be progressive, Cornel West has endorsed Dr. Jill Stein of the Green Party.

That shows you how angry they have made honest progressives and one can look up #DemExit. The Greens will make their selection in August, many of those who helped the Bernie campaign are headed to the Greens, This is the first time we will see a possible major 4-way split.

The reason we may see the Greens win? they are getting all those who wanted Bernie, and are angry seeing the way the DNC is treating him, and us, along with the fact we all are leaving the dying party, as well as the monster sized Independents who supported Bernie also are flocking to the Greens as they have a similar platform to Bernie's.

The Lame-old Corporate loving parties are offering the two evils, the DNC says they offer the lesser of the two evils and most of us are sick of it.

The Libertarians are still close to the Republicans in many ways.

the Greens offer the true left which we need to get more close to an America on the FDR policy track which helped us more than any other period.

Trump will go to privatize as much as he can, and likely do a lot of domestic damage.

Johnson will cut government until we are at the mercy of the markets just so long as they have thiers first and screw us all.

Hillary, she wants a war with the ME and supports the corporates and TPP, she adores free trade deals, and folks who voted for her will realize too late she was a bad choice.

Stein would get us to a more peaceful, less intrusive, and fix us and our nation track if she can be allowed to do so.

Even the Corporates have to realize that they have to give in order to survive else the pithcforks and torches are coming.

Peaceful revolution is preferable to the violent kind.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Republican Convention Empty Re: The Republican Convention

Post by Rockhopper Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:53 pm

We are going through a period of chaos Len. Very similar to what happened in the 1920's/30's.

Trumpy is synonymous with Spain's Franco in the way he appeals to the base electorate. He has minimal appeal with women voters who make up about 50%, so his chances are not so good.

Hillary is Churchill without the wisdom and wants to invade Russia, her backers are eyeing up Russia's oil and gas fields. She's a war hawk with little redeeming features. Her chances are reasonably good to win the top job. So be prepared for more Wars without end!

Bernie never had a chance as a Democrat. The Controllers of the DNC would not allow him to get anywhere. When Hills said she was after the job, DWS stated categorically that Hills would get the nomination Regardless of how well Bernie performed, because it was HER TURN! We saw all those manipulations in so many of the State primaries (California still has some millions of votes stored and un-counted).

Jill Stein couldn't get much traction in the media, partly because they believed she was one of those "Hair shirts and sandals" bunch. Not because of her policies but because many still regard the Greens are whacky fringies.

Who will get the job? My guess is Hills. Trumpy won't get it and Jill doesn't have a show.

An Orange Revolution is the best way but it won't take much to turn it into a bloody one.

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/07/12/theres-war-way-will-make-iraq-look-like-childs-play/

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:24 am

Further, the chaos will end in one of two ways: it will fade out into a long and pleasant retirement or the end will very bloody and violent. The more the Neocons push back the closer it becomes to the second choice.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:51 am

Well, either way, if we don't get Stein, who folks are going to try and work the magic Bernie did, then so much for leaving this world in better hands. The younger generations are stuck with the results of selfish oldsters who want it all before they die, and screw their grandkids it seems.

I will be leaving no spawn around to suffer such a fate having never bred with anyone.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:28 am

I detect a bit of depression there Len. No need to be depressed mate, the world is a wonderful place filled with beautiful people. They will win out in the end.

The chaos is the dying stages of the Neocon era that is gasping for breath. In time it will suffocate under it's own weight and that time is near.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:13 pm

Rockhopper wrote:I detect a bit of depression there Len. No need to be depressed mate, the world is a wonderful place filled with beautiful people. They will win out in the end.

The chaos is the dying stages of the Neocon era that is gasping for breath. In time it will suffocate under it's own weight and that time is near.

Tim.

More a bit of concern, there are signs that things on the biosphere are not well, and the oceans are having major issues. If the Oceans die, the biosphere dies, taking all the not capable of hibernating life with it as air is needed. the mindset to not leave a better planet for the people coming after oneself makes little to no sense to me, as a world, any world is supposed to be treated as a heirloom passed onto the care of the following generations.

Here we see it being trashed by the corporate-neocons-and neo-liberals who do not value such life, and are ruining it all as they misbehave, Bernie and Jill are a grasp at a peaceful transition and move away from such things.

This present life of mine was a working vacation of sorts, observing if Humanity would grasp at longer existence, or a shorter one. Right now the chaos makes it seem like they picked un-wisely.

I will remind all that as an observer, the lack of mating and raising kids was part of not distracting myself, I was also not to leave future issues around as I have the health of a man 20yrs older than me at my age, all the health issues I wished not to inflict on offspring of mine.

Also, at times, my health seems like a mirror of the biosphere.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:08 am

Concern is a better word Len I was wrong to suggest depression.

What Bernie and Jill have shown is that we are not alone, we are many, even a majority of good free thinking people the world over.

The edifice is slowly collapsing, we have spent much energy propping it up but the props can no longer hold it and it must now collapse so we can rebuild it again the right way.

It matters little who gets the top job, be it Dandy Donny or slippery Hillary, they are going to have a very turbulent 4 years. To coin a phrase: the die is cast and the mould is broken.

The environment will survive but it will be radically different to what we have now and all we can do is minimise the damage as best we can and repair what we can after.

We can't sustain the level of debt we now have, debt can only be paid by productive work and there is not sufficient workers to pay it all so it must collapse!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:45 am

Well, looks like the fix is truly in! Hillary has picked Tim Kaine as VP, this man wishes to unfetter the banks from regulations, and he supports the waiting disaster that is the TPP, which will let corporations hold sway totally over national interests, freed from regulations, laws for pollution control and taxes avoidance, nation tries to do so, they get sued in a corporate tribunal.

They give us so few choices, we have 4, 3 are crap, shit,and sewage, the left one is the only fresh thing we can go for.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:52 pm

Cain killeth Abel and Kaine will killeth us all!

Says much about chaos Len, when we have an orange buffoon on one side and a right wing semi-fascist on the other. Two of the arguably most hated people on the planet.

Hills or Trumpy doesn't matter, they will be only a one-termer pressie. The chaos will defeat them.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:57 am

This page describes it well.

im.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:03 pm

It took me a while to catch up with the reading but I read all the post and must admit I can think of nothing to add or take away. I am a bit sad though Len that you choose to spare your offspring the pleasure and pain of planet earth. I think the only change that can be tolerated by earth is the change through our offspring. However be that as it may we are still here, until the fat lady sings even though her voice is becoming silent as we endure the fate of this beautiful planet.

Politically we are here and I think all has been said and done, there is no more making America or the world great again. Based on what we have done the world can only shed tears and go into deep depression.
We have gone about mishandling the planet because we were not conscious enough to realized that the planet is alive and we are the children of the earth in all her diversions and expressions.
It is sad and one could ask the question was it worth it? We humans are both negative and positive, capable of making some choices for ourselves, we have no one to blame knowing that it could go anyway we want it to. The choices have led us to this point which we ourselves have not monitored or nurtured, yet we expect it to serve us without a price to pay. Some say the devil has taken over, others say God is going to help us, I say if we cannot help ourselves God or the devil cannot help us. Politics cannot be the answer when we have no respect for each. Bernie Saunders could not help, Hilary cannot help, Trumps is a dead man he does not behave as if he has a spirit, so we are on our own.
People have to change and the change has to come from within, so things fall apart and change will come in rebuilding. So let the change begin.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:11 pm

Well, the die is cast. Hillary got her coronation, complete with militaristic music and a jingoist fueled speech by a general that made the DNC look more akin to the RNC.

Bernie was not happy looking as he sat and watched her deliver a speech so dry deserts would seem like swamps!

there was word that they may have threatened his wife to get him to Kow-tow.

This year especially, the DNC pulled so many illegal and criminal acts that I no longer will care about them or their candidates, Bernie on an interview early on in the primaries stated that he has no power over his supporters, giving us carte blanche to act on our own cognizance.

They invoked FDR whilst they use the fear of Trump to get her voters,,,,Oh the Irony!!!

The Dems also want folks to no look at the cleaner, less scandal ridden female opponent, Jill Stein. Just as I am sure the Trump Campaign does not want folks to look at Gary Johnson of the Libertarians.

2016, the year of 3rd party crashing the gates because folks are tired of the same crap over and over again.

So while the RNC has to push Drumpf, while the DNC pushes Killary, the Libertarians(ultra-conservatives) will push Johnson. Meanwhile droves are Demexiting, and headed to Green-er pastures with Dr. Jill Stein, the better woman for the WH.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:24 pm

I guess you could say the fat lady's voice is getting weaker. Bernie was never going to make it, he lost before he began. Hillary is going to have a hard time win or loose, Trump is already dead so no need to comment.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum