The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aussie and NZ temps Records Broken...

4 posters

Go down

Aussie and NZ temps Records Broken... Empty Aussie and NZ temps Records Broken...

Post by Rockhopper Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:13 am

Australia smashed its temperature record in the year to the end of June, beating a high set during the most recent El Nino weather event in the Pacific.

Buried in the Bureau of Meteorology's monthly report on national conditions, the agency noted the 12-month mean temperature was a "solid highest-on-record" result.

In fact, mean temperatures were a full 1.08 degrees above the long-term average, smashing the previous record July-June anomaly by 0.18 degrees. The previous record was set in the 12 months to June 2010 – an El Nino period.

From Here.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Aussie and NZ temps Records Broken... Empty Re: Aussie and NZ temps Records Broken...

Post by Rogue Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:25 am

Thanks Rock, I was looking for this (^^^) and didn't find it yesterday. Interesting indeed... as was the NZ recap...

Warmest June ever recorded in NZ

It's now official - last month was the warmest June ever recorded in New Zealand.

From  Here.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Aussie and NZ temps Records Broken... Empty Re: Aussie and NZ temps Records Broken...

Post by Agartha Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:27 am

Some don't believe it, but global warming is real.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordae Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:28 pm

They might be able to make some bucks then...

http://www.cnet.com/au/news/physicist-offers-30000-to-disprove-climate-change/

A physics professor and climate change expert is offering $30,000 of his own money to anyone who can provide irrefutable proof that man-made climate change doesn't exist.

With 97 percent of climate scientists in consensus that climate change is due to human activity, it seems strange that there is so much debate on the topic; yet there is still a vocal contingent that refuses to accept that the phenomenon is exacerbated or created by humans -- if they believe it exists at all.

One scientist hopes to put the discussion to bed once and for all. Much like the James Randi One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge, Dr Christopher Keating is offering a cash reward to anyone who can provide him with proof that man-made climate change isn't real.

"I have heard global warming skeptics make all sorts of statements about how the science doesn't support claims of man-made climate change," he wrote on his blog. "I have found all of those statements to be empty and without any kind of supporting evidence. I have, in turn, stated that it is not possible for the skeptics to prove their claims. And, I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is."...
Mordae
Mordae

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:46 pm

His money is pretty safe then Mordman.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordae Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:49 pm

Laughing That's what I figured
Mordae
Mordae

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:13 am

June this year was positively spring-like! Even the trees were bluffed by it.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down