The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maunder minimum 2030

+3
Stargate
Kaere
Rogue
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Maunder minimum 2030 Empty Maunder minimum 2030

Post by Rogue Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:35 am

Plummeting temperatures could send the world into a 'mini ice age' in 2030 and could OVERRIDE global warming, claim mathematicians
Temperatures will start dropping in 2021, according to a mathematical model
This, they say, will lead to a phenomenon known as the 'Maunder minimum'
This was previously known as a mini ice age when it hit between 1646 and 1715

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5215575/Plummeting-temperatures-cause-mini-ice-age-2030.html#ixzz52ZALOcZb
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Maunder minimum 2030 Empty Re: Maunder minimum 2030

Post by Kaere Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:46 am

So then... something to look forward to. Higher heating and food costs too.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:33 am

Kaere wrote:So then... something to look forward to. Higher heating and food costs too.
Less cooling. Lol.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:34 am

Maybe we should past 2018 first and see if we have any time left.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:21 pm

Posting to read when I'm off! Looks very interesting!
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:51 am

Like with many things, as you learn more about this, there are certainly question marks about whether this could actually take place on any major scale.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunder_Minimum#Little_Ice_Age

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Maunder-minimum
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:53 pm

Doubt that it will have much of an effect  Roggie. The Trumpy Team are going to cook the atmosphere anyway!

Although the Jacinda Team here are paying a heating allowance to all of we serfs over winter.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:25 pm

Rogue wrote:Like with many things, as you learn more about this, there are certainly question marks about whether this could actually take place on any major scale.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunder_Minimum#Little_Ice_Age

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Maunder-minimum

Yep, you are absolutely right.

I also think that if it happens, it will actually reduce the adverse effects of global warming, instead of bringing an Icepocalypse.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:11 am

This is something that's always interested me; I love checking out what direction the global climate might go in and what might influence it.

There's been speculation for a long time now that global climate is going to cool down because of reduced sunspot activity, but I've not noticed any evidence of it actually happening yet - definitely it hasn't been any colder here yet, although the UK probably isn't the best barometer of that, being an island at the meeting point of a number of different air masses and being affected by the Gulf Stream as well.

The original Little Ice Age lasted for several centuries and had 3 minimums: The Spörer Minimum and the Dalton Minimum as well as the original Maunder Minimum. It's an interesting thought that another period of cooling like that might happen, but I don't think it can be accurately forecast... We'll see what happens, LOL.

It would explode the global warming theory if it did.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:06 am

Lion, all the evidence and all the data points to global warming being the reality we have to face. I honestly don't think the global warming theory will explode, just like the theory of gravity is also here to stay.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:49 pm

I take it you're a firm believer in global warming then!
All I really meant was that I'm not convinced that it's guaranteed to continue getting warmer; I agree that the scientific evidence and data suggests it is, but that seems to be assuming that conditions such as sunspot activity and volcanic activity will be staying at the levels they have in recent decades, which has also been unusually conducive to a warm climate.

I actually used to be a huge believer in global warming myself - I got An Inconvenient Truth as a Christmas present the year it came out and read it from cover to cover - but in recent years I've lost faith in it somewhat, as things have happened which have made me question it more and more(In particular about 7 years ago, when the volcano in Iceland erupted and affected the local climate at the time as well as European airspace, and then we got that terrible winter. Not connected to the eruption, obviously, but the winter itself made me think about how finely balanced the climate is.).
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:01 am

Mini Ice Age at my place, just 1degree Fahrenheit, in the negatives for Celsius users.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:54 am

TrueCrazyLion wrote:I take it you're a firm believer in global warming then!

LOL it sounds like a religion the way you said it. Razz

I remember An Inconvenient Truth really well and even though he was wrong with certain points he made, he was correct in saying global warming is real and it will only get worse.

We have so much evidence now: for example we have now confirmed beyond doubt that CO2 (and some other gases) trap heat very effectively and that the CO2 levels at the moment have never been so high in the history of this planet. 

After the last big ice age the Earth recovered and warmed up: the rate of current warming is more than ten times faster than the warming after the ice age. Why? because of the CO2 we are pumping into the atmosphere. 

Sorry.. I didn't mean to make it sound like a lesson, so my apologies if it sounds like it, I just get very passionate with certain topics (like global warming, flat earth, pseudo-medicine etc).   pirat
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:54 pm

Hey, no problem Smile Being passionate is all good! (I admit I'm exactly the same when I'm talking about something I care deeply about so I know where you're coming from on that.) If I say something you disagree with I'd always prefer if you hit me with a blunt response anyway rather than hold back. The way I see it, it would be a boring world if we all agreed on everything! Smile
It didn't feel like I was being taught a lesson, although I get the feeling you know enough about it that you legitimately could Smile

It did actually look like I'd compared it to a religion to me too when I read back over my own post, LOL. To be honest, if anything I'm the one who's guilty of following things as if they're a religion, the way I go on about the things I'm a fan of. That wasn't my intention at all, no offense Smile

To be honest, over time my beliefs regarding climate change have swung first one way and then the other, as I used to believe everything I read RE global warming, but then I became aware that a lot of the things I was reading seemed to be written more like propaganda than fact, so I've been trying to work out which is which whenever I read up on things, and shy away from anything which I think is biased either way, which has not been something I've found easy... Probably overcomplicating it for myself. It's led me, rightly or wrongly, to distance myself from any info which seems biased either way and just trust my gut instinct on the matter... I guess reading around the subject more might help me, LOL.

Yeah, the ice cores from the polar regions(I think!) are a very strong source of evidence that carbon dioxide is higher now than it's ever been before. There will be others too... You know much more about global warming than I do, since I've not really researched it for the best part of 10 years, so my knowledge on it will probably be hopelessly out of date. (I did do a quick Google news search earlier, and it didn't look optimistic, although that was just a superficial search and the articles I came across might not have been representative.)

It's a subject which could be debated at great length I think, so much info is available on it with different viewpoints etc.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:28 am

I just came back from my a night shift and my brain is not working as usual... I'll reply to you properly later on or tomorrow. 
What a Face
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:18 am

Hey, no worries! I wasn't on top form myself when I wrote my last post since I had a migraine at the time, so apologies if my post is a bit rambling and, well, spaced out, TBH. Smile
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:51 pm

I see that the Eastern Seaboard of the USA is getting a Big Freeze right now. Stay warm Len!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:44 pm

Looking at the news this morning it looks like NZ is really copping a 'weather bomb' of storm fury too. Stay safe Rocky.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:36 am

N.I. got hit Roggie, We have had some rain and a stiff Southerly is blowing outside, Not cold but.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:36 pm

Abnormally cold here, going to 0 tonite. is 9degrees Fahrenheit/-12c here. I am hating the cold, hating frozen pipes, and a 300 dollar electric bill just because we refuse to chill and get sick. Being poor in Amurika with climate change is gonna be a bad experience!

I should know, as I am stuck in that life.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum