The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A US WALL AT THE EXPENSE OF CHILDREN

4 posters

Go down

A US WALL AT THE EXPENSE OF CHILDREN Empty A US WALL AT THE EXPENSE OF CHILDREN

Post by Stargate Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:57 pm

it is almost incredible to think that on hand of a champagne promise the POTUS is holding children hostages, in order to fulfill a pledge to his political base. 
Immigration may be posing a problem in many countries, albeit that some of these problems were created by the US itself in terms of ravaging some of these countries economies and turning them into refugees. When poverty strikes, people take actions,  sometimes these actions are not deliberate, but desperate.
Everyone wants to live in their own country, because it is better living that's a fact.
America was built on the basis of immigration, thus leaving the country open to abuse if not adequately managed. One must expect that borders will be breached one way or the other, so there has to be some measured balance to address this problem that will manifest in many different ways.
If parents are running from persecution, they will enter a country legal, or illegal, right or wrong. If they run, they are going to take their children with them, one would think that is a given. When they run they are going to try to enter a country that they think is sympathetic to their plight, especially if there is some sort of provision made.
It is almost unrealistic to think after some of these people who legitimately are fleeing from persecution from their own country, should be jailed and their children taken away from them. I would most certainly think with all the so called learned people in America a credible solution would be found.
To put a child through such a stressful separation has got to be the most horrendous cruel thing any grown human could do.
You would think that people would be outraged and demonstrate to stop such practices on the basis of humanitarian grounds, no matter what party they belonged to, yet we see no such demand.
To think that the POTUS is leading the charge in the name of getting the opposing party the sanction a useless wall to keep people out, by putting their children in a detention camp should draw the worlds attention.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

A US WALL AT THE EXPENSE OF CHILDREN Empty Re: A US WALL AT THE EXPENSE OF CHILDREN

Post by Kaere Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:37 pm

Stargate wrote:You would think that people would be outraged and demonstrate to stop such practices on the basis of humanitarian grounds, no matter what party they belonged to, yet we see no such demand.

I think there's more going on behind the scenes than we know. Lawmakers have gained entry to several camps in order to see the truth of what's there. People are rightfully asking where the girls and babies are being kept. There is massive outrage and pressure. I hope they keep the pressure going.

New York and Massachusetts are refusing to send Nat Guardsmen to work at the border now, Colorado is cutting back. Amnesty International and the UN are both condemning the camps.

It's heartbreaking and vile. I truly feel at this point that Trump is the 'AntiChrist' everyone's been predicting over the years. The Bear from the East predicted by Nostradamus, Russia acting through him. A feeble minded easily manipulated a$$hat of a bitter old manchild.

It is repugnant... and in the midst of it all, Trump has announced Space Force. It's like living in the twilight zone.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

A US WALL AT THE EXPENSE OF CHILDREN Empty Re: A US WALL AT THE EXPENSE OF CHILDREN

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:07 pm

I just read up on this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44518942

https://news.sky.com/story/hundreds-of-lone-children-kept-in-cages-in-us-border-patrol-prison-11408321

Comparisons are being made with Nazi concentration camps and with slavery.
This is absolutely nauseating. I agree with everything K has said too.

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:00 pm

TrueCrazyLion wrote:Just read up on this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44518942

https://news.sky.com/story/hundreds-of-lone-children-kept-in-cages-in-us-border-patrol-prison-11408321

Comparisons are being made with Nazi concentration camps and with slavery.
This is absolutely nauseating. I agree with everything K has said too.
To be honest TCL, I don't trust anything they say about not taking away children under five years old. I can hardly believe that people are living on the planet that are so cruel. This will scar the children forever. Now I am beginning to understand why so much black people are scared and finding it so difficult to recover slavery.

There is so much that can be done to make this process humane. I am feeling kind of ashamed to live in America. I never thought I would be saying this.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:14 pm

Just edited my last post to clarify it since I think I worded it badly: I meant to say I'd just read up on the subject via those articles before sharing them for the benefit of the thread, and when looking at my own post after you'd quoted it, it looked like I was telling you to read up on them. I wouldn't intentionally speak to you like that. Sorry about that!

Yep, agreed, what they're doing is causing these kids untold and possibly permanent harm. They have no excuse not to do this in a completely humane manner.

Trump seems intent on dragging America into a darker era than any in its past, his arguments for doing this don't even make sense. I really hope enough international and domestic pressure can be put on him to force him to backtrack on this move.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:07 am

Before we had an empire in decline, now it is imploding!

The poor, white Cult of Trump are afraid that they will be replaced by the peculiar little brown people from the south. The Market Gardens of Nevada and South California can't get harvesting staff and the price of veges is already on the rise.

Under International Asylum Law, anyone seeking asylum can cross a border anywhere without being penalised.

This has the sticky little fingers of Jeff 'The Goblin' Sessions all over it. He is a nasty little racist!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:28 am

Now a days I take everything with ten grains of salt, however I saw something like this before and I dismissed it. I am now thinking it might be true in light of what is happening with the problem on the border. 
Yes Tim, I see everyone trying to push the problem on the other guy, be it the last president or the congress. the thing is, no one made preparations for this inhumane policy. As you say Tim, now things are exploding, not only for the lack of rational people policies, but the lack of compassion and moral integrity

TCL, that is the point. I know lots of people are saying there has to be changes in immigration management, however this is preposterous. Some of these people are saying they have children and they are Christians, yet at the same time they are doing this to the children, claiming it is the law of the country.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down